Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Freedom's Last Stand: Us

a part of “Freedom's Last Stand: Us”, a fictional universe by Redred33mer.

Join this post-modern roleplay, when World War 3 rolls through, find out how you'll pick up the pieces of shattered contemporary lifestyles and move on.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Freedom's Last Stand: Us”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:12 am

Alright everyone. I know everyone's going to come here for questions so let me go ahead and give some extra information not in the intro.

1) You can have relations with any other player's character at start as long as they agree to it.

2) Yes, you have to be a civilian. You can be a retired soldier, cop, factory worker, or you can be whatever you want as long as you ended up as a civilian. Hell, you could be a homeless person if you wanted. Just make sure your character would have some lasting impact on the story.

3) For you derps who want to be like, "Well what's technology going to be like?" I don't know, you tell me. Four years isn't that long.

4) Do stupid stuff and you'll surely get the consequences, in character or not. Do something that could be eye-opening to the Chinese they may send you off to a camp to be re-educated or just shot on the spot. Of course there are no written laws for you to read, so you don't know what they actually are.

-Redred33mer
"The Redeemer has risen!"
Image"It is not living that matters, but Living rightly."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Freedom's Last Stand: Us

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheodoraMina on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:58 am

Submitted a character application! Hope to see this running soon! :D
Dilly-Dally, Shilly-Shally!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheodoraMina
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mathew Littlepaw on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:14 pm

Working on a character right now :3 I like the whole Red Dawn feel of this RP!

Mathew Littlepaw
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Something? on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:37 am

I would really like to join f you'll have me.

Will work on an application when I come home :)

Something?
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:56 pm

I'm glad people are interested in this. It's not only that this idea was interesting to me, this idea scares me. This scenario I have written is based off things that are happening and have been debated, and when diving into this, I think we should all consider that some of these things could actually happen. But nevertheless, have fun! If you guys need my help, have questions, concerns, or anything, I'll do anything to clear them up.

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheodoraMina on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:16 am

Hm. Due to the Forum Downtime, seems like RPG Write is down as well.

TheodoraMina
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:08 pm

Hey guys,

This RP might seem like it never lifted off. I hope not, I hope to see others' characters; I check RPG every day for my roleplays' posts, activity. When we have two more characters, at the least, I'd like to start then.

-Redred33mer

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Camera Man on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:56 pm

Good evening.

I'm new to the site, and looking for my first roleplay to join.
I was hoping you still had slots available for this storyline, as I'd very much like to have a go at it.

Camera Man
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:51 am

Hello!

Of course I have slots open, who are you kidding (:P)? I don't really have a character limit, as the civilian population in New York City numbers 10's or 100's of thousands of people. Don't worry about that. And if you need help with anything, whether about the site or just the mechanics of all this, I'll be here.

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Camera Man on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:16 pm

Alright, I've gone ahead and submitted a character for your approval. In the meantime, I'm going to look up some specs for the equipment I want him to carry on his person, including his primary and secondary weapons.

Camera Man
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Camera Man on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:00 pm

Right, I've gone ahead and made the changes you requested.
I can't send private messages, yet...
I don't want to get too into his backstory, though; I feel like that's something that should be uncovered through IC dialogue.

Camera Man
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:05 am

-Nod of approval-

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Camera Man on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:19 am

I included two items in my character's equipment list both for comedic purposes and as "plot-management devices", and I seek your approval.
In my many years of RPing, it's come to my attention that, sometimes, the party will come across an obstacle that even the original DM didn't plan on. Suddenly, everyone's stuck because no one has a way to overcome said obstacle, because they didn't plan for it to happen, or even think that it MIGHT happen.
Enter the "plot-management devices".
"Sergeant" James Brine is, at all times, equipped with a standard issue "Swiss Knife on steroids". Included in this device is every manner of tool imaginable, condensed through methods unknown to be able to fit in one's pocket.
The second "plot-management device" is James' "Standard 'Context-Sensitive' Med-Kit" which, either through Jame's expert packaging skills and foresight or through divine intervention, seems to contain exactly what the "patient" needs at that exact moment.
If, for whatever reason, its decided that either of these two devices is too OP or too ridiculous, I'll gladly remove them. I just feel that SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE should always be properly equipped just so we don't end up with a "now we have to type out running around for three hours looking for a specific thing" series of posts.

Camera Man
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:15 am

About that med-kit...

I'm taking this RP quite seriously, and I try to keep it as realistic as possible. If a character, for whatever reason, has contracted AIDS, he/she would probably die from lack of available healthcare. Death is most definitely an outcome for our characters. However, most of the civilian resistance who have been deployed to combat multiple times probably have picked up ways to treat some bullet-related wounds. So just remember kiddies, don't do something stupid; you might die. That means, it's okay for Brine to have his med-kit, and can be relatively more prepared than a regular one, but it shouldn't just have whatever's needed at the moment.

And if you plan on getting shot and want to live, get shot in somewhere that's not your abdominal organs or skull.

As for that knife of yours...

The idea of it, some custom/collector item with tons of knives and blades and maybe some screw drivers on it, cool. I'm fine with that. But it's hard to fit a hammer or hatchet even on something twice as big. I'm not exactly sure what they'd need something like that for, and although you may be like "well that's the point," if our character(s) cannot overcome the challenge because he's ill-prepared, he faces the consequences of it. This isn't "Mission Impossible", this is life.

-Redred33mer

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Camera Man on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:29 pm

Sure, I understand, and I'm not saying he's gonna have a soldering iron on it, but it'll have anything basic that you'd need, including things like bolt cutters.
Same for the med-kit. No, it won't have every kind of prescription medication in it, and it also won't have enough supplies to patch up eight people in critical condition, but it'll definitely mean that Brine is equipped to clean and dress even serious wounds in the field. It MAY even have a compact defibrillator, but let's hope we don't have to come to that bridge, let alone cross it.

Camera Man
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:41 pm

You do not need to know how to use a defibrillator, you need to know CPR. Coincedentally, I know that :P

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:57 pm

I may end up just starting anyways. I'm growing impatient with this, and I wouldn't want this to go to waste. We'll start soon. Thoughts, anyone?

-Redred33mer

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Camera Man on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:23 pm

If you think we can start the story with just three characters, then I see no reason why more people can't join later on in the telling.

Your call.

Camera Man
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheodoraMina on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:55 pm

I'll be glad to have it start. Those others that have expressed interest ought to have submitted their applications by now if they're still interested. Otherwise, three characters are okay, I would think.

Perhaps, as Camera Man says, more could join in later in the role-play. I don't think they'll be required to follow the story very closely anyway. It could be that they're just normal citizens or some normal person who happens to decide to want to join the Resistance at a date much later than our characters.

TheodoraMina
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheVizzerdrix on Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:40 am

I just submitted a character. Really like the idea of this RP, and want to join. It will be my, first, and i'm looking forward to the new experience. Send me feedback on anything to change, keep, etc.
Game Over

TheVizzerdrix
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!