Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Two Steps From Hell”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Two Steps From Hell

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:01 pm

After realizing that a bunch of people had posted here, I would just like to say...
My partner just disappeared :'(
What's that, the picture is gone? Damn it all. Uh, move along, nothing to see down here besides these words.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

JokerofSpades
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karthas077 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:23 pm

Kuroe wrote:Okay, so, upon receiving a particular reply, I would like to apologize for the way in which I spoke during my last post in here that could have seemed very... Blunt. I will not go out of my way to screw over people's plans, and I will make sure my character is not godmodded

To be honest, when it comes to messing up other people's plans, we're all equally important here. As long as you aren't directly contradicting some narrative of one of the other characters, it's not your fault if your actions 'ruined a plan'.

In fact there's probably going to be times where Asora ruins the plans of other people as well (Not intentionally but still), and I imagine that this could, to some degree or another, be true of everyone.

I think as long as nobody is doing it on purpose, and we're all at least considerate of other people's actions, then even if there's narrative conflict, things will be okay even without 'pre-planning' things.

(my two cents)

JokerofSpades wrote:After realizing that a bunch of people had posted here, I would just like to say...
My partner just disappeared :'(

I noticed that as well and was about to comment on it... So we have lost air-girl but gained an earth boy (My understanding is that the decision there will be made soon).

In the event that nobody else shows up (and people are getting anxious to start), if Naga allows it I do have a character concept that could be ready for submission with a minimal amount of additional work.

That said even if given approval I would rather hold off on that and give new people a chance to poke in their head and claim the position as this would only be my second time running two characters at once.

(Though I suppose the point is moot until Naga's computer is working again)
Edit: Just realized that lots of you peoples are already acquainted with each other from another game, and now I feel like the odd-man out D:

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Karthas077
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby code6435 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:52 am

Gonna send in my character for now. Doesn't seems like the innovation's coming. Although I might be able to finish it in time, I post it first because I needed to confirm whether the BBCodes work or not.

code6435
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kuroe on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:12 pm

Wait, we lost someone? Jynxii I'm assuming...? That's not good at all... He/she thought that I was the GM somehow, I think, and pmed me about my post there saying he/she didn't want to roleplay with someone who didn't care about their roleplayers, or that's what I gathered from that, which I replied to it hoping to remedy the situation, though I have not gotten anything back and I must assume that he/she is not going to be coming back nor will he/she be replying to me and that's what prompted me to write that apology... But since it's apparently my fault for that, I will take responsibility for it in the case that Jynxii cannot be convinced to come back and no one else tries to get the space. Unless someone else in the group does specifically want it, it is probably my obligation to take control of the character. (Karthas, you seem to be ready to submit something of the sort, so you may take that if you wish to do it.)

I would like to apologize to Joker, specifically, for causing your partner to leave. I do hope you can forgive me.

On a different note, Karthas, you said something about "pre-planning". I myself am trying to avoid doing a lot of that, or any at all, with other people besides possible relationships. Just personal preference, since things sometimes get confusing that way, and I enjoy roleplaying without knowing what's going to happen.

Kuroe
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:23 pm

Well, it's unfortunate, but since I really wasn't paying attention to a lot of the posts here (I don't usually... sorry :P) I can't really blame you. Oh well :P

JokerofSpades
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karthas077 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:48 pm

Kuroe wrote:Unless someone else in the group does specifically want it, it is probably my obligation to take control of the character. (Karthas, you seem to be ready to submit something of the sort, so you may take that if you wish to do it.)

I am more than willing to spend an evening fleshing out the character concept I have in mind if it turns out we still need another wind girl. However as I said, I think the best plan is to wait and see if anyone else shows up and submits a character while we're waiting for Naga to get more reliable computer access.

Kuroe wrote:On a different note, Karthas, you said something about "pre-planning". I myself am trying to avoid doing a lot of that, or any at all, with other people besides possible relationships. Just personal preference, since things sometimes get confusing that way, and I enjoy roleplaying without knowing what's going to happen.

I didn't mean to imply that I pre-planned things or anything of the sort, in fact I distinctly dislike pre-planning things aside from discussions about relationship dynamics between characters.

What I meant was that 'being considerate of other players' is sufficient to prevent narrative conflict, which makes pre-planning unnecessary (And pre-planning being unnecessary means that there aren't going to be discussions about said plans which in turn prevents purposely sabotaging them)

Karthas077
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Lucid Serpent on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:33 pm

So...I'm actually going to probably wind up reduxing Rozenn here in the next few days, I just can't say that I'm quite feeling her.... ._.

The Lucid Serpent
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kuroe on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:19 pm

Sounds good. Good luck with it, Lucid! And hey, by the way, when are we gonna start roleplaying...? I don't exactly know what we're waiting on. I'm sure it's a good reason, such as everyone making final finishes to the characters. Just wondering if we know when we might begin.

Kuroe
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:07 pm

I feel like this got started, but then with all that's been going on, has been put on halt. :|
Sorry to hear that though Lucid.

JokerofSpades
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Naga's Shadow on Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:37 am

We don't have an air girl, guys. We can't start without it. And I still have to decide which earth demon to take.

Now, I kind of picked up on one of you taking the air girl? If so, I will gladly except a character sheet. I also have to finish Ishida. I have this whole weekend off work, and my parents are away, and mom left her computer, so I will have acess, so Ishida will be finished. I will also be choosing the earth demon, and hopefully deciding what to do about the air demon. I'm so sorry about all the confusion, and hopefuly this will all be cleared up within the next few days.

Questionable, you have one the spot of earth demon. Sorry, Code, but I can't wait any longer for you to finish your character sheet :/

Although...

Naga's Shadow
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby code6435 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:30 am

It's okay. But if there's a spot left, I can take it, however, I suppose there aren't any spots left, so I guess I will be leaving in a matter of time.

code6435
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LazuliMetempsychosis on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:17 pm

If no one takes the Air girl, I could make one in about a couple hours. If someone has taken her, awesome. Just let me know and I'll get right to work on her.

LazuliMetempsychosis
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karthas077 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:58 pm

Unfortunately finals are in full swing for me, so until next Thursday, I'm going to be super swamped. As such, the character that I had partly drawn up is sitting in stasis, so once again, if other people want to submit something go ahead. Naga can decide things when we're ready to start.

Karthas077
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Lucid Serpent on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:27 pm

I'm still gonna be working on redoing Rozenn, likely I'll be back in here on Gateway in full-swing sometime Thursday in the afternoon. I just got myself an external keyboard to make typing things up for the site here easier...now I'm actually more willing to actually get around to things as opposed to before.... XD

The Lucid Serpent
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Karthas077 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:27 pm

Submitted wind girl. Backstory is a little sparse at the moment because I'm still not really sure about certain things like the current level of functioning technology, or the population density of the city as I can only assume what is on the introduction page is a typo (The current population of the world is 7 billion, so even if the population density of Terra Nova was as bad as the slums in Mumbai, that's still a residential area the size of New Jersey, which is ignoring the fact that no single continent produces enough food to feed 7 billion mouths).

Character/personality is fleshed out though so yeah.

And just in case anyone missed it, I will gladly give up that slot if a new person wants to join.

Edit: Also, for this particular character I would /really/ like to have some established relationships with the other PC's so if Naga gives it the green light please take a look and PM me if you have any ideas.

Karthas077
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Naga's Shadow on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:53 am

Okay, I accepted her, Karthas. Hopefully I will be able to finish Ishida up 8n the next few days. Now, if we could just take a role call, so I know all of you are still with us, and/or interested.

So, if you could all simply either post here or pm me to let me know, I would be most grateful ^^

Naga's Shadow
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Lucid Serpent on Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:25 pm

I'm still here...more or less have been lurking on the site more so than anything else, along with being lazy due to life sorta throwing me some curve balls as of late, but I am here.

The Lucid Serpent
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:38 pm

Ditto that Lucid. I have actually had to put this site on hold for the past few days due to many random or expected problems that have arisen
(I hadn't a clue how much of a pain getting a new laptop would be until I started transferring my crap ._.)

Anywho, I'm still here (sorta) and am pumped to see this get moving :D And Karthas, thanks or adding my new partner :3

EDIT:
I have edited my character sheet for Matteo so that now isntead of his reaction to Arya, it is for Serenia :D

JokerofSpades
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JokerofSpades on Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:04 pm

Well, it has been two weeks, and nothing has been going on here D:

JokerofSpades
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Naga's Shadow on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:23 am

Well.....Joker and Lucid were the only two who got back to me. Which simply tells me this is yet another roleplay to die well before it is born. Granted, my computer's untimely death did hamper a lot, but still...I would have thought the others would have been lurking, and sent me a pm, or at least let me known they were leaving.

I think it's time I went back to just writing on my own when I get an idea. Maybe I'll actually get published that way.

And don't think I'm leaving the site, Lucid. I could never leave you. I'm still waiting on that remake of pokemon. I swear, this time, we will keep it going, even if it is just you and me.

And the remake of strange and wayward. I don't want to see Alesiar die. I'm too proud of him.

Oh, and I am thinking of redoing Misfits and just opening it up to the general public, if you want to keep Shi-shi, lucid.

My mom will [hopefully] be buying a computer somtime soon, and I'll be gettting her old one, so I'll finally have a computer again. [Thank god!!]

Naga's Shadow
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!