Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

A new kind of killer (now with images)

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

A new kind of killer (now with images)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WadeJackel on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:07 pm

I was inspired to create a killer character, in the vein of Jeepers Creepers, Slenderman.

Im calling him The Havestman, nothing to do with havesting though, named after what are commonly known as Daddy long legs, which I didnt realize, are not actually Spiders....?

Anyhoo, once I create it, anyone interested can feel free to use.

He was created by God, the second angel, to serve as a friend to the fist angel Lucifer. Evolved along with mankind, becoming a myth or legend. Wears the decomposed skin of man, which he must dig out of graves every two weeks to a month. No features, he grows eyes, nose, mouth, only when he needs to, they form like shrivled sockets. Created from the bones of an angel of prophecy, the blood of a demon of wrath, the skin of God, and the viscera of a Nephilim. Etc etc.

Oh and he has 6 arms
Last edited by WadeJackel on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WadeJackel
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: A new kind of killer (now with images)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WadeJackel on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:07 am

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WadeJackel
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: A new kind of killer

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:09 am

Oh what the shit. This is terrifying.

Let's do an RP with him.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WadeJackel on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:25 am

I should get done with the character today.

A hunting trip to a hunting retreat.

After something is seen roaming near a sewer plant, known locally as the "Shit House" the protagonists journeys to a simple town to investigate omens at a burned out church.

An old house stands within supposedly haunted woodlands, on the outskirts of a small rustic town, beyond the hunting lodge, which itself stands on one side of a great gorge. A storm washes out the bridge.

Another group of college student/friends go on a field trip to the haunted forest, which isn't really haunted, one of the guys just says it is to get his friends to go with him, eventually this comes out.

WadeJackel
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:57 am

If you want to scale it way, way, way down to where it cannot be simplified more just to get a sense of this otherworldly, ethereal character, that would be fine, too. You might not need a gaggle of college students to torment; something as simple as a young couple in conflict could provide ample terror for your Harvestman.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WadeJackel on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:44 am

Well, we could just edit them down to a few people, that could work too, guess it would depend on how many take part in the rpg.

Hopefully those who do will stay?????????????????????????????????? ;)

Old house in supposedly haunted woods, beyond some type of resort, which stands on a cliff, now gone, few characters, bad guy.

Simple enough :)

WadeJackel
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:58 am

I'd love to help, but I can only manage to stay on top of a small-scale roleplay at this point in my life. If it sprawls into the realm of a half-dozen people or so, I will shut down and begin to babble until the nurse takes me away.

Either way, hope you get people to bite!

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WadeJackel on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:18 am

Doubt it would get more then 4 rp'ers

WadeJackel
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WadeJackel on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:19 pm

Finished creating the character, see the profile section

the-harvestman-new-killer-use-him-for-your-rpg-t76092.html

WadeJackel
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Patcharoo on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:57 pm

I like an air of mystery around my killers, even though he looks pretty cool. He's sort of explained in how he came to exist.

On the flip side he doesn't really have any sort of reason or theme to him. Not saying 'give a motive for your killer to kill', just saying the idea could have a little more nudging on past victims, how they were found, if they were found.
Circ wrote:When I first joined RolePlayGateway, it was a place where positive conflict fostered creativity and friendships were formed rather than cliques. Honesty and transparency were valued, new people were incorporated into the community rather than judged based on what style of writing they preferred, and despite the youthfulness and zeal of the population there prevailed a reasonable degree of common sense.

Patcharoo
Legend
Legend
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Millionaire Arc Warden Beta Tester Contributor Group Theory Person of Interest Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WadeJackel on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:32 pm

Good point, I just removed a lot of the profile, but left just enough.

WadeJackel
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby udontwannaknow94 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:44 pm

He seems really interesting

udontwannaknow94
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PulseTrick on Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:56 pm

That reminds me of sloth from FMA
Once more, with rhythm!

PulseTrick
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Broken Alice on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:12 pm

Sloth? How so?

Broken Alice
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Destroyer & Creator on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:12 pm

This is quite terrifying but I love it.
I am the Destroyer and Creator of worlds, you can call me DC...

Destroyer & Creator
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PulseTrick on Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:07 pm

Sloth when she was born, all hunched and spidery and such.

PulseTrick
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!