Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Winter Rose: the garden of a wish...

Winter Rose: the garden of a wish... OOC

a part of “Winter Rose: the garden of a wish...”, a fictional universe by Marionette.

Strangers find themselves at a mysterious manor surrounded by an impenetrable ring of roses... roses that bloom in the dead of winter. They're not going anywhere, and it's up to them to make the best of their situation. The manor may have other plans.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Winter Rose: the garden of a wish...”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Winter Rose: the garden of a wish... OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:25 am

So... erm... anyone still around?
RPs:
Spring Rain and Havoc | Witch's Diary | Winter Rose

Need RP advice? Feel free to PM me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Marionette
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jynxii on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:53 pm

You never posted and neither did anyone else... so.. -shrug- lol

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jynxii
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Recruiter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Romaneck on Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:00 pm

Jynxii wrote:You never posted and neither did anyone else... so.. -shrug- lol

OBJECTION!

I was kinda hoping for more activity, mayhap fuel the fires by making a thread in the roleplayers wanted section?

Anyway, I had some troubles or missed some information, for starters how wide or how tall is the manor? does it have gargoyles? are there lights inside? does the garden outside have any bars that would keep a daring soul from storming out into the snow? does the place looks abbandoned or does it give the impression that it was recently looked and cared for? Do the far away sight bear any hint of threes? is it completely obscured by mist/fog? is it day or night? do I see a glowing obelisk with strange patterns floathing overhead?

I am eager as always to start, I am currently reading some of Robert E. Howard horror tales (I recomend the thing on the roof, the dwellers under the tomb and dig me no grave )and they are just the thing for this kind of roleplay in which horror and a protagonist set on surviving clash.

But yea if we could have more to work with that would be fine
"Incessant wind sweeps the plain. It murmurs on across grey stone, carrying dust from far climes to nibble eternally at the memorial pillars. There are a few shadows out there still but they are the weak and the timid and the hopelessly lost.

It is immortality of a sort.

Memory is immortality of a sort.

In the night, when the wind dies and silence rules the place of glittering stone, I remember. And they all live again."

Romaneck
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ion on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:24 am

I'm here too. I was kind of waiting for those other character sheets to come in so I knew how many bodies were laying around, etc., but if they aren't going to materialize, I should be able to post this weekend. Is that maybe the best thing to do?
"Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it."

-Lloyd Alexander

Ion
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:50 pm

I didn't post again as I was waiting for others to make their intro. One person's is not a lot to work with when it mostly involves their interacting with the other characters. It's a bit too early for things to start going bump just yet. :v But that's not a problem at all, the intro was perfectly fine. I just wasn't sure what was up with everyone else. xD

I'm not sure what happened to all those people who were going to join. One, I know, is just being slow about his profile. :P But as for everyone else, I have no idea. I might issue one more PM before I open it up to a couple more players, and I could post a "players wanted," I suppose.

Romaneck's post brings up an important point. If at any point you ever feel you need more info, just ask, and I shall tell you. :3 But, generally speaking: if it's a major feature you couldn't possibly miss, I'll mention it; if it's not a major feature or is implied to be there, you can probably improvise on it. Do feel free to embellish on things.

But, to get to Romaneck's questions:
The manor is 3 floors including the attic; you can tell because of the windows. I don't have an exact number for it at present, but it's quite large. I was planning on giving things in relative sizes rather than exact numbers, but if you all prefer hard numbers, I'll just need a bit of time to convert my map. :3

No gargoyles. The exterior is in good shape, as if someone might have left it yesterday. You can't see much in the way of light from your current position, but there may be a faint glow inside.

As for the garden, I might have been unclear on that: the garden is behind the house but still within the circle of roses, and there's no kind of bars or fence separating it. You could just walk behind the house, and you'd be in the garden.

Inside the circle of the roses, the entire ground is covered with snow, as is the roof of the house, the bushes in the garden, and anything else you might expect to have snow on it. The roses themselves have a light dusting of snow as well, as do the tall pines you can see overhead. The treetops are about all you can see, though, because the roses are almost as tall as a person and stretch out too far to really see over.

And it's day (I'm sorry, I thought I mentioned that somewhere, but it looks like I didn't o_o). The sky is clouded over in brilliant white, so it's difficult to tell the exact hour, but it's likely somewhere between morning and afternoon.

Ion- Yeah, since, as noted above, I'm not really sure what's up with the others, it might be best to just go ahead and post. Worst coming to worst, I start a couple of late joiners out later. But right now, assume there are a minimum of 4 people ('cause I know Baron is still joining... I'll poke him again).

Marionette
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ion on Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:42 pm

I posted. Sorry for the confusion/delay.

Ion
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:12 pm

Not a problem!

Also, I got a PM from a lurker who would like to apply, so we may have one more jumping in. Whenever her profile and Baron's are submitted, I'm honestly okay with cutting it off there. That's 5 characters, after all, and that's around the size I was planning for originally. If any of the others promised a spot come back, I will find a way to work them in later. :)

Marionette
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:33 pm

Hey guys! :)

I was going to just stalk this roleplay because of it's intriguing concept and style but when I saw that you guys needed players, I applied. I can't let an idea like this fizzle. So Marionette is allowing me to join.

*Bows deeply to Marionette*

Anyways, my post is finally up and I'm eager to see how this all plays out.
"...you know we've fuckin' broken down as a society when people just explode in forests." ~Gasmask in The Unexplainable.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Celedia
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:41 am

Aww, no need to be so formal! :) I'm just glad you all have hung around thus far. I know it has been agonizingly slow. xD

I've been a bit busy with work and family as of late (accursed Easter week :v), but I've read all your intros and like what I see! I'm cooking up a second post, but it's nothing that should get in the way of any character interaction, so no need to wait on me if the posting bug bites. Hopefully Baron'll be in soon as well.

Marionette
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:02 am

Post... uh... posted. A lot of it wound up being information communicated above in response to Romaneck, though hopefully it was delivered in a slightly more atmospheric and compelling fashion. :P At the moment I just don't have much to relay unless you guys interact with the environment. I currently lack characters, and the environment itself is pretty docile right now. With any luck, that will change... mwahaha.

I could have started out with more of a bang, in hindsight, but I like seeing how characters react to new environments and each other. I was trying to give it kind of a dreamy, unnerving quality: waking up in a totally foreign, strange location with very little indication of life. Things are kind of sandboxy right now, and let me make it clear that there is no wrong course of action here.

Another thing I will note, though: I am always open to feedback on how I'm doing as a GM. If the game feels lacking or you don't feel like you have enough to work with, please, pleeease let me know. This is a bit of an experiment, and I always like to be aware of how successful my attempts are. I will try to adjust my GMing to what you guys need as players.

Marionette
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Romaneck on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:02 pm

I take it that Baron will pop up later in some fashion or is he one of the corpses/bodies? I guess its time to go and knock and when that fails say that we are part of the police

Romaneck
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:37 pm

Yes, Baron will still be in. I poked him again yesterday. He's having some pretty hardcore writer's block right now unfortunately. When I (hopefully) talk to him tonight, I'll see if he'll let me describe his character being unconscious until he gets his profile up, just so you all have something concrete to work with.

Marionette
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:56 pm

Yep, Baron okayed my plan. I'm not going to make another post just yet (I may go edit my current post when I have time), but keep in mind that there's a pale, skinny youth with white-blond hair still unconscious in the snow. Probably doesn't look too healthy, and he has an old-fashioned bag with him. His name's Emmet although none of your characters would know that of course. :P Baron doesn't mind if someone moves him inside so the RP can progress a bit while he's working.

Marionette
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Romaneck on Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:19 pm

Marionette wrote:Yep, Baron okayed my plan. I'm not going to make another post just yet (I may go edit my current post when I have time), but keep in mind that there's a pale, skinny youth with white-blond hair still unconscious in the snow. Probably doesn't look too healthy, and he has an old-fashioned bag with him. His name's Emmet although none of your characters would know that of course. :P Baron doesn't mind if someone moves him inside so the RP can progress a bit while he's working.

I hope he likes snow, cuz hes prolly gona be dragged through it

Romaneck
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:34 am

Where is everyone?! :p

I'll be more than happy to drag Baron's character in by his foot if no one else does. Poor guy is going to have a hell of a headache though as his head slams against everything on the way inside. :(

Celedia
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:32 am

I don't knooow. I'm afraid I've made things too vague or something. xD

But anyway, I've edited my last post to reflect Emmet's presence IC. Any form of dragging or carrying will do! I pity the poor little guy though. :P

Marionette
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ion on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:59 am

Well, it sounded like Romaneck was going to do something, so I didn't want to accidentally interfere by posting first. If we're going in order, though, maybe Jynxii is next? I confess I'm not really sure.

Ion
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:36 am

I don't worry too much about posting order as long as everybody gets a chance to contribute in the end. There's definitely nothing wrong with giving others a chance to post or waiting for more posts so that you have more to work with, but it's also fine to post when inspiration strikes you. I'm really chill on all that. xD

Marionette
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jynxii on Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:39 am

I put Jenna up for adoption. I just don't feel like I am being very committed and would like to open my spot up to someone that can be. I hope you all have a blast!

Jynxii
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Recruiter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:42 am

I replied to the RP to move things along a bit. Also, if no one minds, I can take control of Jenna so that she doesn't disappear mysteriously. I don't know of anyone looking for a roleplay or I would try to drag someone else in instead. :) Just let me know.

And Marionette, I am playing it carefully so I had her attempt to open the door with no outcome. I didn't know how much activity you wanted to have repercussions for or what you had planned. ;) I am too used to being the Master of my domain so I am playing it on the side of caution. Let me know if I'm being too cautious!

Celedia
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!