Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Winter Rose: the garden of a wish...

Winter Rose: the garden of a wish... OOC

a part of “Winter Rose: the garden of a wish...”, a fictional universe by Marionette.

Strangers find themselves at a mysterious manor surrounded by an impenetrable ring of roses... roses that bloom in the dead of winter. They're not going anywhere, and it's up to them to make the best of their situation. The manor may have other plans.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Winter Rose: the garden of a wish...”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Winter Rose: the garden of a wish... OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:03 pm

Aww, I see, Jynxii. That's unfortunate, but I understand.

Given the early state of the RP, we can handle this in one of two ways. Jenna hasn't been interacted with too much, so we could handwave it and go on as if she weren't there, or else someone could pick her up since Jynxii did put her up for adoption. If that's what you'd like to do, Celedia, that's perfectly fine. Either way works.

Celedia- The best answer I can give for that is that different situations will call for varying levels of cautiousness. This isn't like a D&D dungeon where every door is likely enough to have a trap hidden behind it, but some doors may be locked. I do need to get more rooms up on The Manor's profile and fix the door listing so you know what's locked and what isn't (but most of the doors are not locked; none of the doors on the first level are). Generally speaking though, if a door isn't locked, assume you can just walk through it. I can't be held responsible for what happens after, but your character is not going to get devoured for opening a door. :P

I also want to note that just 'cause something isn't up on the room list yet doesn't mean you can't go there. I'll give you a description each time you get into a new room. The room list is mainly so that you have a reference and so that you can proceed without immediate GM feedback if you'd like. You can feel free to just head into a room and describe and interact with it based on the room list information. The things you need to hold back on describing are the contents of containers that no one has opened before (like a drawer, a cabinet, or a bag found in the house), unlisted rooms, and things of that nature.

Sorry if this is confusing! As I've noted, it's kind of an experiment in combining the GM directing found in tabletop with the freedom given to players in freeform games. I want you all to be able to do things of your own accord and to embellish on the environment, but at the same time I want a sense of lacking full control over the environment so I can surprise you. Does that make any sense?
RPs:
Spring Rain and Havoc | Witch's Diary | Winter Rose

Need RP advice? Feel free to PM me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Marionette
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Romaneck on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:46 pm

Struggling with some schoolwork and Celedia beat me to the punch, Ill have Mark knock on the door and with this, open it revealing an eerie inside.

The following weeks will see me slow (as if I was ever quick on this lawl) but if all goes well once exams and specials are over I sould be able to have my ideas wander off and get some inspiration
"Incessant wind sweeps the plain. It murmurs on across grey stone, carrying dust from far climes to nibble eternally at the memorial pillars. There are a few shadows out there still but they are the weak and the timid and the hopelessly lost.

It is immortality of a sort.

Memory is immortality of a sort.

In the night, when the wind dies and silence rules the place of glittering stone, I remember. And they all live again."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Romaneck
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:10 pm

Marionette-

I just didn't want an instance to occur where you had something ultra-mega-amazing planned and then my character stumbles into the room without consequence and LOLz around the place. ;) Perhaps if you DO have entrances/exits rigged you can shoot a PM to whoever is in that room/heading towards that room so they can write it out appropriately? Because I, for one, would not mind it if a staircase suddenly slanted into a sliding board and my character(s) were devoured by the house itself.

It is a Horror game, after all!

I think I will be possessing Jynxii's character in the next day or two unless Ion disagrees in some fashion.

And Romaneck...

Romaneck wrote:Struggling with some schoolwork and Celedia beat me to the punch...

I always beat you to the punch. ;) Hence why I stalk you through the world of RPG so my characters can do whatever it is you wish for yours to do. <3
"...you know we've fuckin' broken down as a society when people just explode in forests." ~Gasmask in The Unexplainable.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Celedia
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ion on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:34 pm

I certainly don't disagree in any fashion whatsoever. :) I am also perfectly willing for bad things to happen to Alec. I'm... not the nicest person to my characters, honestly.
"Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it."

-Lloyd Alexander

Ion
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:30 am

You don't have to worry about messing up my plans too much. Having really hardcore, set in stone plots for an RP is a bad idea in general -- no plan ever survives the PCs in tact anyway! :P So if I really want something to happen, I'll just work it in elsewhere wherever it feels logical and reasonable.

It's good to know you guys don't mind bad things happening to your characters, however. *eeeevil cackle*

... I'm mostly kidding; I'm not a bloodthirsty GM. I generally like to give people opportunities to fight or think their way out of threatening situations. However, you're right, it is a horror game. It's no fun at all without risks involved! >3

Marionette
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:29 pm

Okay so I adopted Jenna but was waiting for other posts before I toss one up for her.

Romaneck? Ion?

:P

Celedia
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ion on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:44 pm

Sorry, sorry. I'll get to it sometime this weekend, I promise!

Ion
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Wed May 08, 2013 11:19 pm

Hey guys! I'll get my posts up within the next couple of days. I've been absent due to a death in the family but I'm hoping to catch back up on everything now!

Celedia
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:00 am

Sorry guys! I realize that I am the hold up but before I worked on posting I wanted to ask... Is everyone still in this? I honestly forgot about this for a few weeks because this OOC/IC never updates as much as the other threads I'm in and I have such a poor memory that those random reminders are helpful. But I am off all day today and half of tomorrow so if this is still rolling I can easily jump back into it.

Celedia
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ion on Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:17 pm

I'm still here. :) Not sure about the others, though, it has been a while.

Ion
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Romaneck on Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:21 pm

I kinda went overboard after the long period of inactivity, after finishing Robert Howard´s horror collection I no longer get the horror feel you know?

Romaneck
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:34 pm

Oh hey, I'm still around! Thanks for the OOC posts. I got busy for a few weeks there and forgot that even with this new notification system RPG doesn't email you about RP posts, so checking kind of slipped my mind. D: I really hope they add an email option in the future. But any time I get a PM or there's a post in the OOC, I'm notified (... theoretically. Sometimes I don't get the emails for whatever reason, PHPBB's fault or Gmail's. :P)

Anyway, I'm still around and more than happy to continue the game, but I do wonder how much life is left in it. I feel like I didn't get it moving quickly enough, and that causes things to lose steam.

Marionette
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Marionette on Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:58 am

Hmm. I've been considering things. We wound up losing one player, Romaneck noted that he's less interested now, and Casron never wound up submitting his profile due to issues with getting the character to properly materialize.

Celedia and Ion, if you two are still interested, I could restart it, cleaning the (rather brief) slate and potentially pulling in some new blood. You could use the same characters, of course. I'm fully willing to do that if you two would like. :> That's the best solution I can see at this point if we want to continue. I'm okay with whatever you all want to do.

Marionette
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ion on Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:01 pm

I'm fine with whatever you want to do, Marionette. If you feel like restarting, I'll be around, but if you'd rather kill it for good, I won't get upset or anything. It's your project, after all.

Ion
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Celedia on Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:49 pm

I am in the same boat as Ion! I would love if this could be restarted but I understand if it's too much of an undertaking at the moment.

But I definitely definitely lean towards the restart!

Celedia
Member for 15 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!