Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Clock Struck Ten

a topic in Fanfics & Other Fiction-Based Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

Anime based, book based, movie based. For those who don't want to spend extra time developing an original world.

The Clock Struck Ten

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Tue May 07, 2013 1:13 pm

Last edited by Alacer Phasmatis on Tue May 07, 2013 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Clock Struck Ten

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alacer Phasmatis on Tue May 07, 2013 7:16 pm

At times it seems as though I have no purpose, that my struggle against Bordelon—destined to failure—will mean that on the day I die, I shall have ultimately led a life in vain. In fourteen years of chasing him, I have only killed his brother; I was foolish. Lured by the sense that Thierry’s power was what kept them at large, it never occurred to me that I would have only been clipping off the tail of the serpent. Léandre, the strategist, was the head of that great dragon. How could I have guessed…? But that is no excuse. I am not a man in a position to make excuses.

If at the end of it all I cannot end his tyranny—my enemy is just a man, but so elusive that in my frustration he gains eternal proportions—then would it have been better to never have taken up the chase at all? I will have accomplished nothing but the death of one man and a futile death, because it ended and changed nothing for us. If I die, history will remember me for my failure, not for my struggle—and at the end of it all, will the struggle have been worth it?

-Extract from the personal diary of Thomas M. Blackmore

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Alacer Phasmatis
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Clock Struck Ten

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JadeDragon on Wed May 08, 2013 7:22 am

Dear Headmaster Attawater, May 14, 1871

We would once again request postponing the graduation of Ms Rekha Isabelle Gunnerkind for the fourth consecutive year. As we have stated before, we do not doubt her knowledge either in traditional or spark-related academics. Ms Gunnerkind is quick to learn runes and their uses, and is proficient in differentiating between different types of sparks. She is able to somewhat channel sparks into smaller stones possessing stable rune chains, but still lacks the ability to properly manage stones with delicate and/or unstable runes.

Ms Gunnerkind has improved during the past year. She no longer empties stones sporadically and unintentionally, though we are still apprehensive as to this ability if she were to be placed in a state of heightened emotion near small and/or unstable stones. Ms Gunnerkind has also demonstrated the ability to direct smaller quantities of sparks into medium-sized stones, though she still will occasionally overload them or misdirect sparks into an area near the stones.

It is with all this in mind that we, her professors, recommend delaying her graduation. Ms Gunnerkind has shown progress consistent with that seen in other channelors capable of directing all sparks, and we hope she will be capable of leaving us in another two or three years.

Sincerely,

Shannen Robertson
Genevieve Hart
Ansel Ogden
Octavia Wheeler

—letter requesting the delay of Rekha Gunnerkind’s graduation from Her Majesty’s Academy for Talented and Advanced Young Channelors

JadeDragon
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!