Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Homdale: On a dying planet.

On a dying planet.

a part of “Homdale: On a dying planet.”, a fictional universe by The Heliumite.

Your character awakes on a strange desolate planet, where the oceans are dry and whats left of what looked to be forests, are all but dead. (FULL)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Homdale: On a dying planet.”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

On a dying planet.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Heliumite on Wed May 01, 2013 4:33 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "On a dying planet."

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Heliumite
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: On a dying planet.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Youptour on Fri May 03, 2013 11:23 pm

I just wanted to start by saying thanks to those who have decided to join this RP. Lets make use of this section for any Out Of Context comments, disscusions, complaints, and general b.s. to be passed around.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Youptour
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Heliumite on Sat May 04, 2013 1:46 am

Hello. I too wanted to say thank you for joining this RP. I have a great feeling it's going to turn into a great story. Not only do i want this to play out for a while, but i also want to open new "Places", that we will go to once the story of the "Unknown" is finished. I will talk more about new characters and story expansion later once we get close enough to the end of the Unknown. For now, i'm going to try and make our RP pretty!!! XD The intro page will be worked on, and the rules as well. I won't be changing any rules, unless you three want me too.

Please feel free to ask questions, or give ideas on what you want to happen next!!!! (Story wise, and anything else wise.)

The Heliumite
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Heliumite on Sat May 04, 2013 1:50 am

One more thing. Al'therin is in a rough patch at the moment, as you can see. I really want to make it to where he's unconscious for a time, until he can get better, or get to safety. I'm new to this sort of thing, so let me know if this isn't how this is supposed to play out. Even though i made the rules for the RP, i don't wanna break the site rules.

The Heliumite
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Youptour on Sun May 05, 2013 6:52 pm

A quick how to. Every character should have their own color for clarity. To do this you need to begin with, I will show you with brackets, the wrong kind so you can see the process
For blue (color=#00b)text(/color)
For green(color=#0b0)text(/color)
For red(color=#b00)text(/color)
You can find codes for more specific colors on line

Youptour
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MrGr1nch on Sun May 05, 2013 8:14 pm

Vas's words are 800 so to type in color follow the coding with this in mind (=[ , ]=)
(color=#800) ...words.... (/color)
Youptour's words are b00.
(color=#b00) ...words... (/color)

Tell us your code and try not to make it more the the first 3 numbers for everyones sake lol
Thanks Guys & Girl and I hope this RP comes out sexy
“Who’s your Jedi master? WHO’S your Jedi Master?”
- Yoda

MrGr1nch
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Heliumite on Mon May 06, 2013 1:49 am

I just made a new character for the RP

Name is Zarah, she will be a big part of this story. She will be introduced once we get inside the area of the black tower.

Read her character description please!! Let me know how you like her. Let me know if you have any questions regarding her in general.

Anyone can make more characters for the story and play as them, so long as they can keep up with the roleplay. I'm cool with anything!

The Heliumite
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Heliumite on Tue May 07, 2013 7:16 pm

I do apologize for not posting as quickly as I have been. Work has been a bitch. Youptour knows this...new work together. I have the next three days off! So lots of posts from me!! Soon to come.

The Heliumite
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Androdeas on Wed May 08, 2013 1:10 pm

Man I am a noob. Sorry for posting OOC in the IC before guys. Still getting used to the site.

So.... We have been jumping all over the map. Has anyone else noticed this? To make the rp as smooth as possible perhaps from now on we could create titles of our location. Or maybe someone would be willing to create a map and update it as our characters travel.

And next suggestion, so that the posts can grown longer instead of shorter, it would be nice if someone would take more control over the direction of the storyline. As The Heliumnite is the creator I think it should be you.

If anyone has an idea in mind they want to play out consider posting it here. That way all the characters can build up to that plan rather than one of us going for the idea but nobody else knows what exactly is going on.

For an example it would be great for everyone to have a detailed description of the spider creatures to refer to once the characters reach the creatures. This way everyone can know what the creatures look like to reduce confusion later.

Finally I want to mention that Golden will gradually learn the spoken language and then be able to telepathically respond through images and language rather than just images. This should increase communication between her and the rest of the group which is really lacking atm.

Androdeas
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Heliumite on Fri May 10, 2013 2:06 pm

Androdeas is right. And i feel as if this is my fault. I am sorta new to this site as well. I do have the story written out my head though.

The first part will all take place in the "Unknown", where we will all learn the tower (Which we find out is called The Black Citadel.) From the point of where we are now, we run into Zarah.

-Everyone needs to read her character description. I am sorry i did not mention this before.

She will lead us to her city which lays beyond the ruined black wall in which we are at right now. I don't really want to write everything play by play, it would take the fun out of everything for you all, so play and write as you go.

We will meet her father once we arrive. Depending on how long our character carry conversation with each other out near the wall, it could take time. Like i said, i don't want to push things to fast. I want everyone to be comfortable with whats going on around them. So play as you go!

-Either I, or someone else in party can make her father as a character. This does need to be done soon. When you read Zarahs character description, you will learn that he is a sort of master healer and that he is an adviser for the man that lives on the top of the Black Citadel. This could be why we have been drawn to this tower. He could have a power in which nothing can be compared too.

We will learn little of the man in the tower. Not until the next RP i will write.

As for the giant metal spiders Roman wrote about. We could make them controlled by Alchemists that live in the city beyond the ruined wall. Or they can just me mechanical beings they made to help repair their city. Actually, Roman if you want to make them what ever you want, OTHER than enemies, please feel free.

I Will post more, But let's keep it sorta slow at this point? Sorry. We will run into enemies, but i just need to think of how this will play out to be fair with everyone.

Thank you for your time!

The Heliumite
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Youptour on Fri May 10, 2013 10:38 pm

Ok, I apologize as well. I should know more than anyone that the success of an RP rides on the writer's detailing posts with their surroundings and communicative contexts. Disregarding some home troubles, I will take the deep breath of the RP poster and get on the f*&%ing ball. Currently I will say my character has a dissociative personality which lends itself to introversion even in the group context so if you lead my character in any manor please keep this in mind. I do work everyday from 1-10 (estsd) so my post will still be irregular, but I will do my best to post in the time when I am home rather than my normal routine of boats and hoes.
Also, why does Golden sweat? Creatures with fur don't normally sweat. I am confused.

Youptour
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Androdeas on Sun May 12, 2013 1:38 pm

Sorry I haven't posted yet guys. Being unable communicate with humans I have not seen much need to post until we continue on to the tower.

Have you never seen a horse sweat? Golden sweats because she is not just an ordinary animal--her people were almost human thousands of years ago. And since everyone is exhausted from heat stroke it seems natural that she would also sweat. This world is also completely opposite of her home world.

Androdeas
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MrGr1nch on Mon May 13, 2013 1:59 pm

Its important to keep the RP rolling, I understand your character can't speak but even a description of what your character is doing is helpful to keep the RP healthy.

I also wondered why Golden sweated since neaither cats nor dogs sweat but I think it adds something unique to the character.

I would like it if Zarah filled everyone in on where we are in the morning, and its best for the creator of the RP to control night and day So I will wait for the morning post to wake my character.

MrGr1nch
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Androdeas on Mon May 20, 2013 7:09 pm

Sorry everyone.
Regretably I think I will have to drop out of this rp. My new job is just taking up too much time.

Androdeas
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!