Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

Welcome to Fortwick University

a part of “Welcome to Fortwick University”, a fictional universe by Aramay.

Fortwick, the University of Pseudosciences. Nothing seems to be out of the ordinary, aside from the curriculum, with this campus aside from its relatively old architecture...And the fact that both scientists and wizards study under the same roof.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Welcome to Fortwick University”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Tue May 21, 2013 6:18 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Welcome to Fortwick University"

I know I know. "Why is this not done yet?" and "How is this different from other school/fantasy/sci fi rps?" you ask. Its a work in progress. And you will have to read as more information unfolds to know the answer to the question. Its a story idea that I've been working on and writing for a while now. It will eventually be published but in the mean time, enough people asked that I turn this idea into an RP as well to help pass the time. If you are interested or have any questions don't be afraid to ask even though I'm still setting everything up. There is still much to be done and a lot to explain.

This isn't mainly about going to classes. Its about much much more...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aramay
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Welcome to Fortwick University

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luchesa on Tue May 21, 2013 10:23 am

I'm going to work on a character and send it in today. I know you aren't done yet, but I want to make sure I've got it in :) Let me know what you need help with. I can be on every night after 9p MST, sometimes earlier. and really any time Sunday/Monday - depending on life. Let me know what you want help with, I saw you mentioned something last night, but I missed it before the computer shut off! :) Can't wait!

Actually, I'll just save what I have on my computer in case you want character sheets in a certain format!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Luchesa
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Tue May 21, 2013 7:03 pm

I am completely wiped out! I spent more time than I should have working on this forum today haha. The basics are done but there's a lot more detail to add such as what roles hunters and S.L.O.B.s play as well as the different subtypes of supernatural creatures roam the halls and forest. I can't forget the ground rules for what can and can't be summoned, built, spliced or studied. >.< But that will have to wait until after I get back from work tonight!

Character skeleton guide is up and don't be afraid to point out discrepancies, contradictions or vague/missing details. There's a lot of blanks that I know I still need to fill in but I don't always remember where they are.

Questions? Comments? Answers?

Aramay
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mathew Littlepaw on Tue May 21, 2013 9:00 pm

Hey, so, um, would it be OK if I made a character that was the result of magical and scientific experiments gone wrong? :3 Like, maybe someone made of jellatunos goo, or something like that?

Mathew Littlepaw
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Setsugie on Tue May 21, 2013 9:10 pm

This looks pretty cool ^^ Expect a submission from me hope I can also help out in your story since I myself have been writing one I also thought of making a roleplay based of it here but I couldn't find the time because of school, but know that's schools over for me I can focus on roleplaying and stuff.

Though I haven't done this in a loooooong~ while I hope I don't become a bother and break the rules and such I apologize in advance if I do. Please take care of me *Bows*
With the Regret of Ambition in my left hand and the Regret of War in my right I beseech thee, Goddess... Lead me to a Glorious Victory!! And see before you the True Incandescent Lion!!!!

Setsugie
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Wed May 22, 2013 12:58 am

@ Mathew its okay if you make a character that got caught in the cross-fire of science and magic. Its part of the reason why there's an ailment section in the character skeleton as more than a few human students ended going to the university because of a mishap with crazy science or the supernatural or both. Just be sure to have a way for that character to pass off as human part of the time. And have it in your profile if said accident happened before or after they became a student. It may not seem important but I like knowing those details.

@ Setsugie I understand. I'm a little rusty myself but considering that I'm planning to publish I really have to practice more right now. So this is a good place to improve and look for critiques. As long as you at least read over everything once and you have questions its fine. Veteran players can still make simple mistakes too. I'll be sure to let you know if something is a miss. And be sure to let me know if something seems off.

Aramay
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Setsugie on Thu May 23, 2013 3:07 pm

Finally submitted my character sorry for taking long I was making him and another at the same time hehe ^^ hope he is all right If you see anything wrong let me know either here or pm I dun mind Ill edit him if necessary. :D

Setsugie
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Fri May 24, 2013 2:20 am

I would tweak the profile here and there. I PMed you the details. There is a framework for a good character profile. :)

As for anyone/everyone who has already had their characters accepted. Please wait until I make the first post/posts before all characters jump in. For the "new" students, they can stop by Quarry town (such as the gas station or diner) on the way to Fortwick before they reach the school. Keep in mind that the locals will NOT be happy to see them there.

Otherwise both new and returning students can already be walking onto the Fortwick campus. That is unless a returning student WANTS to stop and inform the new students that it's a bad idea to stick around. Either way there will be plot goodies (possible plot lines to pick up) both at Quarry and on campus. The choice is yours. Due to being scheduled for overtime at work I may not post until Saturday which will give more people thinking about joining the forum time to create their characters.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Aramay
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Sun May 26, 2013 3:45 pm

Forgive me that its taking longer than initially anticipated. There was a lot more to be done IRL than I originally anticipated and by the time I started working on the first post I was literally nodding off which I haven't done to myself (at least that didn't involve work) in ages. No worries though I'm working on it now. All students shall have to go through Quarry town to reach Fortwick so when I'm done everyone may post there of either stopping in or just heading through. Students who make posts that they are more interested in heading for the university will find an opening post for the university campus itself.

Anyone who hasn't created a character or is passing through here and thinking of doing so its not too late to join! Anyone who HAS made a character please report to this thread to let me know that you are still around.

By the time I post this I will have the rest of the first post done. So hopefully if I can accomplish that, all will be allowed to begin posting.

Aramay
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Setsugie on Sun May 26, 2013 9:25 pm

I will be putting my post tomorrow, because I am completely beat my grandmothers 80th birthday was today and I did nothing but eat talk laugh and party @-@

Setsugie
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Sun May 26, 2013 10:22 pm

That's fine. Quarry is now open for posting whenever you're all ready.

Aramay
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Thu May 30, 2013 3:30 am

For those waiting/wondering what to do who have already posted. I will wait to post until tomorrow. At least one person hasn't posted and I'm just waiting to see if they just need a little more time. If they don't respond by tomorrow I will continue the scene as is. I will be controlling all the npcs for the time being unless you really deem it necessary to help with the scene/character interactions.

Aramay
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:07 pm

I got caught up in writing possible plots/plot points and work and taking up more responsibilities to run a business. I promise there will be new posts tonight!

Aramay
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aramay on Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:33 am

Sorry I haven't been on everyday. The old projects for some indie films that were suspended got re-started and I had to scramble to dust off/mold new props for them and I have to prep for two trips coming up in July >.< I'd be more excited if I wasn't so tired. ASsoighsdfgh;ls...I will see if I can post tonight. Everything came on so suddenly that I couldn't account for the days that I haven't posted. I'm such a horrible game master. >.>

Aramay
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soul_Alchemist on Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:16 pm

Okay, so I made my post in the wrong location in the RP and now it won't let me change it...and I think a couple of people posted after me, and Royal seems to have missed my post
If you want to be happy for a day, get drunk,
If you want to be happy for a while, get married,
But if you want to be happy for all time, have good friends.
-The Booze Traveler

Soul_Alchemist
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby lilsuzu on Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:45 pm

Hi I'd love to join this is it still open?

lilsuzu
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!