Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Miami Heat : Hotel Colony”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Miami Heat : Hotel Colony

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby leisurelyatwar on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:26 pm

Okay guys hope i haven't lost any of you yet, will be posting the first post in the AM! I know it's difficult sometimes to have characters cross paths, just remember to take initiative and please don't isolate your characters all the time. The first scene will have a dramatic surprise within the lobby of the Hotel Colony, expect drama soon! Xoxo

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

leisurelyatwar
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sly_Mafia on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:33 am

when's the first post?
Wanting a friendship like Breyton's since 2003

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sly_Mafia
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby leisurelyatwar on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:50 pm

I want to give everyone a chance to post before i post again, but Im sorry I've been so all over the place - you would not believe my week. Anyways feel free to post your intro so to speak. There will be a commotion at the Hotel so if you wish to have your character be a part of it, I suggest you post before i do. ;) xoxo

leisurelyatwar
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Capt_Canada on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:20 pm

Just did my first post! Sorry it's a wee bit long but I got a little carried away. It's been too long since that's last happened. This is all looking great everyone!

@RPGrosa(and everyone else) I'm not sure how NPC's work and it wouldn't let me tag the Convenience store clerk in my post- would you be able to make that NPC( if it matters) unless we get a role for that? Thanks!

Capt_Canada
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby supertoastgirl on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:42 pm

I'll post ASAP. I just started a new a new nannying job. But after this week I should be able to be frequent. Also, instead of making a beach bum girl I'll probably make a male, since we seem to be needing them.

supertoastgirl
Member for 16 years
Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .euphoria. on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:34 pm

I should be posting sometime tonight. :)

.euphoria.
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:46 am

Capt_Canada wrote:Just did my first post! Sorry it's a wee bit long but I got a little carried away. It's been too long since that's last happened. This is all looking great everyone!

@RPGrosa(and everyone else) I'm not sure how NPC's work and it wouldn't let me tag the Convenience store clerk in my post- would you be able to make that NPC( if it matters) unless we get a role for that? Thanks!

You don't need to make NPC's or even create profiles for them, Canada. However, you can't really control other people's characters like Bianca unless you have permission from the one playing them. That's always been my experience, anyway.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Capt_Canada on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:41 am

@almostinsane ohhh right. That's good to know. I'll tweak my post to fix that then, but would you mind filling me in on how dialogue works in this? If one character is to actually converse with another? Not really making sense to me at this point.

Capt_Canada
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:03 am

Well, you just address them in one of your posts and then they'll address you in their posts.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Capt_Canada on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:34 am

Sounds straightforward enough. I've edited my post so it should conform now. Thanks for the heads up!

Capt_Canada
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby leisurelyatwar on Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:25 pm

In some role plays people have roleplayed like that, perhaps farther down the line if people take too long and we've learned more about how each character acts/speaks if given permission it's okay - the way i personally do it is just be very vague, I.e.;

"Did you hear about Matt and Dana?" Asked Felix, turning to Hannah with an enthused expression.

Hannah laughed, feigning ignorance as she went about her business.

Felix continued, "Well Matt supposedly finally made her give up the goods..."

That way the person rping HANNAH in this case is free to say any sort of response in her posts.

leisurelyatwar
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:43 pm

I get what you mean, but I personally never really take control of another's character unless it's absolutely necessary. If that happens, I just do something like have my character drag the others to where they need to be if they're just standing there while the action is going on.

Mostly, however, I don't like controlling others' characters without permission.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby leisurelyatwar on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:36 pm

@Insane - a method we can all learn from! Thanks for your input!

Sorry I had to post again before everyone got a chance, I'm very busy these next few days so I wanted to dive right into the drama and let you guys take it from there. If anyone has any ideas on how to spice up this roleplay feel free to express them, I'm interested in what your opinions are!!! So far I'm very impressed by you guys, also as a reminder we may have a slow pace sometimes but it doesn't mean the roleplay is dead - life gets busy sometimes. I just ask that you remain attentive. You guys are great, truly.

If you know anyone who you think might do well in this roleplay with this group of people feel free to invite! In the meantime i will be plotting evil things to throw at you guys (:

Although this will be a very CASUAL roleplay where the plot is CHARACTER based instead of storyline based, I do hope that you guys don't mind being challenged with a curve ball now and again, and feel free to throw one at me in return. Can't wait to see what you guys can come up with!

leisurelyatwar
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Capt_Canada on Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:09 pm

It'll take a bit for me to get used to, but I think it makes sense now. It's definitely a different way to look at dialogue and storytelling. Please feel free to give tips and feedback; it's the breakfast of champions :)

Capt_Canada
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:27 pm

Cool. I shall try to have a post up tomorrow. Have to get off for the day now.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:47 pm

Sorry if I killed the gunman too soon. I felt it was a great opportunity to demonstrate Cassus', well not lack of empathy exactly. Maybe numbness? Detachment?

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Capt_Canada on Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:42 pm

No, I think that was well played @almostinsane. No need to drag it out and it's short and sweet. Hopefully my post adds onto it well, I just put it up. I also like the idea of Mallory and Cassus having a past, that should play out nicely. Good stuff y'all!

Capt_Canada
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Crash on Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:34 pm

Hey guys,
Just found out that I will probably be working for most of this week; won't have much time to post until next weekend maybe. It's come up rather suddenly-- feel free to puppet Rosie if needs must.

Saint Crash
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:04 pm

Hey, I was busy a little in real life, but I'm back. Is this still going on?

almostinsane
Member for 16 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!