Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Grand Collective

The Grand Collective

a part of “The Grand Collective”, a fictional universe by fading-into-eternity.

In a world that is very different, yet parallel to ours, people live by their class. Join the Collective and stay loyal or join in the revolution.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Grand Collective”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Grand Collective

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fading-into-eternity on Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:03 pm

Hello! :)

Have questions?
Want to talk about the plot?

Post here! (*^.^*)
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

fading-into-eternity
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Grand Collective

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dreamalot106 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:42 pm

This sounds pretty cool and I'd really like to join, but I have a question about the Imitations first.
"The Imitations: mirror images- These people are like the alternate personalities of people on Earth, and are their reflections in the mirror."
Does that mean that when the person on Earth looks in a mirror, the Imitation is looking in a mirror, too? And if the person on Earth is in a relationship with someone, is the Imitation in a relationship with the Imitation of that person?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dreamalot106
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fading-into-eternity on Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:45 pm

@Dreamalot106

Good questions!

Whenever the person on Earth looks in a mirror, their Imitation goes into a placid state and automatically reflect everything that the human does. The problem is that this can occur at any time.

As for relationships the answer is sometimes. Imitations live their own lives and only interact with their human as their reflection or when they die or are seriously injured, in this case the Imitation is also injured in the same way that the human was.

Hope this helped! :)
Last edited by fading-into-eternity on Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fading-into-eternity
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvaLovelace on Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:55 pm

Ii actually want to join this!! I probably wont be able to send my character in but I want to make her an Earner.
Probably a Doctor.
What would be my role in the plot as a doctor besides doing doctor like things?
If that makes any sense lol Sorry.
Why in the world
Can't you see the things I see
The more I run into your arms
The more you run away from me

AvaLovelace
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fading-into-eternity on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:28 pm

@AvaLovelace

I think I understand your question.

You could specially serve Luminaries and be a follower of the government but you could also join the Future Alliance against the class system. As a doctor you could gather information to help in the revolution. You never know, since doctors constantly interact with people, you may end up with romance or even a murder case.

No worries if you can't send a character in right away, I'll keep accepting them. :)
Last edited by fading-into-eternity on Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fading-into-eternity
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blazezon on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:46 pm

I. I have an odd desire to make a woodcutter, I do however have to ask..How possible would a chain-axe be?

Blazezon
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Group Theory Visual Appeal Property Buyer Salesman Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fading-into-eternity on Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:03 pm

@Hazezon

Very possible! Feel free to have one!

fading-into-eternity
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dreamalot106 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:44 pm

Okay so I am definitely going to join. I am going to make a female Imitation. (And depending on how the other rps I'm in, plus this one, go I may make a male as well.)

Dreamalot106
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fading-into-eternity on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:17 am

@Dreamalot106

Alrighty then! :)

fading-into-eternity
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iezobel on Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:27 pm

I was wondering if I could've anime or manga pics?
Follow me down the path
I will walk beside you
Guiding and showing you the way
I will not leave you
I will be standing on the path watching you
If you ever feel alone
Close your eyes
You will see 6 sets of foot prints
2 belonging to you, 4 to me
Then you will know that I have not left you

For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf...
And the strength of the Wolf is the Pack

Iezobel
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fading-into-eternity on Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:49 pm

@Iezobel

Of course! I was actually thinking of changing mine... :)

fading-into-eternity
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby louralei on Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:52 pm

This roleplay looks like so much fun. I just sent in my character sheet and hope you like it.

louralei
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fading-into-eternity on Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:17 am

All were accepted! :)

I'm going to wait for a few days and then we'll start up.

fading-into-eternity
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UltraEgg on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:39 pm

This roleplay is looking very interesting, and I'd like to submit a character. I just have one question:

Is the story set in a particular technological time period, or is it more anachronistic? I'd just like to get a sense of the limits of science in the setting before I go running off to make an computer-engineering prodigy or a club-toting troll barbarian. Thanks in advance!

UltraEgg
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fading-into-eternity on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:52 pm

@UltraEgg

Ah, good question, I hadn't actually thought about that.

I suppose that this is like a steam-punky world yet it is futuristic, and there is highly advanced technology. I would say that computers are common but there are also people, like in the lower classes, who can't really afford the technology. If you wish to make a character who is techy, then I would make them of a higher class, like a Creator or Luminary because they live in the more futuristic sites. The lower classes live in the more steam-punk like places with less advanced technology.

Hope this helps! :)

fading-into-eternity
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UltraEgg on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:07 pm

It does, thank you! My application should be coming along soon enough.

UltraEgg
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fading-into-eternity on Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:15 pm

@UltraEgg

Okay! :)

fading-into-eternity
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iezobel on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:49 pm

My character looks really awkward compared to all of yours. But u guess you can't get a real demon. So now I don't feel that awkward

Iezobel
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fading-into-eternity on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:49 pm

Eh.. It's totally fine. :)

fading-into-eternity
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby louralei on Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:20 pm

I was just wondering when we were going to get started. Are we going to wait for a few more people?

louralei
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!