Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dreams Within Eden

Dreams Within Eden

a part of “Dreams Within Eden”, a fictional universe by Lenyx.

The bright new era has dawned, a paradise has been found. But what happens when chaos and corruption threaten to ruin it all?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dreams Within Eden”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Dreams Within Eden

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lenyx on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:39 pm

Okay, so this is where people can reserve positions, and they are almost taken. HOWEVER if you know Edgar Allan Poe's Poems, and have an idea for a character based on said poem, I am willing to discuss it and then make a decision on if I will allow them in or not.

As people can see there are already 12 set characters, so having more characters may add some stress to the plot, but again, I am willing to discuss this and work it out if I think you have an intriguing character idea and how they can fit in.

I am not using the Edgar Allan Poe's stories to base characters, as some of his stories are a tad long, so instead some plots of his stories may be included along the story line. How that will work.. Well they will be used as twists to the story. You CAN however also use his stories as a background/history if you so wish. I will not limit the character design to strictly the poems, but as long as the character fits with the plot and story, I will accept them. (again this will need to be discussed with me first.)

So here you can also ask questions and let me know if you won't be able to post for a few days due to real life issues/activities. Other than that, I have high hopes for this RP and I am excited for when we get started.

ALSO remember, I will make the first post, and then it's free game for all.

Thank you to those for joining and to those who have found interest in this RP!

ADDITIONAL INFO:

Okay, so when the first settlers arrived at the ruins of the underground city beneath the dome which would become Eden, by burrowing underground like in minecraft, they found very advanced machinery which was lying in a dormant state.
It was in a state of great disrepair, however, but the head of the newly formed excavation and recovery team, a scientist now called "mother" in the rp, found the dome's purpose: to eliminate any impurities that might be harmful to life, as well as effectively destroying most electronic instruments within its area.
Beneath it was a vast underground city, where machinery used to support the dome dwelled
The experiments and mission to restore the city and technology to working order was named "El Dorado".
After a year or so, traces and references of two AI were found in the logs on the computers which had been brought back to life.
One of these was recovered a month later by the team, on the very lowest level of the underground city. It was an AI linked with the mechanisms powering the whole of the area, in the form of a girl. It was fully robotic, but somehow, after being restored to working order, had a mind equal to that of a human.
Her memory banks were corrupted and she held no outside knowledge other than how to power and control the areas below the surface. The dome, though, remained outside their reach. Literally, too. It was locked from the inside and out. However, the AI remembered one thing: that her "brother" the second AI was lying somewhere in the dome, and that he could help them.
The team, then following some directions in schematic blueprints they found of the dome, managed to bypass the system and make their way into the heart of the dome to the main control terminal, where they found a boy, not unlike the first AI, plugged into the machines and rendered immobile. Upon powering the machines, the AI woke up and demonstrated its ability of complete control over every aspect of the dome, including the growth of life. This machine prove to be more advanced than anything seen below the surface. It was a bio-integrated machine that spanned the whole of the dome. The memory of the computers and the second AI remained completely intact, and it was revealed that the purpose of the first AI was to do maintenance on the dome, and that she had little control over anything outside the city underground.
After this, the team managed to restore the city, which had fallen into disrepair as well, nearly to complete working order. It was decided that "Mother" would take charge of keeping the city's heart a secret and keeping the AIs in working order. She also had to keep them separate, as they both showed a desire to be together, and let the male AI out of his confinement. He still, however, continued to make the city work as long as he was plugged into the mainframe.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lenyx
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Dreams Within Eden

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flexar on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:34 pm

Well, colour me interested. Could I reserve the Hero? I'll begin work on him now, and should have him up at some point tomorrow.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Flexar
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lenyx on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:25 pm

sounds awesome!!

Lenyx
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leej10100 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:52 pm

May I take the evening star?

Leej10100
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lenyx on Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:56 pm

sure thing Leej!

Lenyx
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:43 pm

Has the spot for The Raven been reserved? If not, I'd like to make it so. I can draw up a character tomorrow, as I don't have the time now, and would need to think on it anyway.

Thank you.

"But are you gonna kill her off?"
"It's not your decision. I love the character, she stays!"
"Yeah, well the only thing love's done is put you in this position; I say kill her off!"
"Yeah, but you say a lot of things -and how's that work? You're a bicycle."

The Afterman
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nami L'Chi on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:48 pm

Sounds realllly good :) and thanks to Bumble I found this RP, so I'm still working on the "prince" :)
but I'm quite eagar to join this :)
yep I am :D

haha
so I'll try to finish working on him either today or tomorrow after I get off of work.

:3

Nami L'Chi
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lenyx on Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:54 pm

raven is indeed open and i will reserve him for you afterman and awesome Nami!!

Lenyx
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:38 pm

My character is up. :b

The Afterman
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R.T.M.X. on Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:11 pm

Dibs on the Enigma.
I am not 『ins△ne.』
I am just extremely 『dedica̷t̴e̶d̷』
to the act of losing my 『ḿ̸̘͜͠ì̵͉͗n̴͓̝̚ḏ̴͈͋̿.』

R.T.M.X.
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Streamwatcher Beta Tester Lifegiver Giver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nami L'Chi on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:35 pm

Prince Izzy is done :)

Nami L'Chi
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lonelyflower45 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:29 pm

May I reserve Evening Star?
LonelyFlower45

Lonelyflower45
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flexar on Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:22 am

I've finally finished Rhys. That took me much longer than I'd expected.

Flexar
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lenyx on Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:57 pm

:D yay!! if anyone has a friend or two who they think might be interested in one of the last 3 positions that are open feel free to direct them here :) 3 more people and we can start :D

Lenyx
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sparkle on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:11 am

Can I reserve The Sleeper please?

Sparkle
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lenyx on Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:10 pm

sure can :D marked ya down :D

Lenyx
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Centi85 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:06 am

Centi requests the reservation of Eldorado. :) He can work on the CS tomorrow
"Only after the world is set ablaze may people finally see the light..."
~ Phoenix - The Almighty God of Fire

Centi85
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lenyx on Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:50 pm

alrightie :D if people need help with char sheets speak to me either in chat or pm or skype if you have me there! i'm hoping (and would like to) get the rp started over the weekend ^^ ty all for joining and i look forward to rping with you all!

Lenyx
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Afterman on Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:55 am

So guys, how about posting. Ya know? Contributing to the story?

That'd be greeeeeeeeat. :b

The Afterman
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lenyx on Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:48 pm

xD i'll be posting again today, sorry had to attend my brother's wedding yesterday >.<

Lenyx
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!