Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

On Our Own

on are own

a part of “On Our Own”, a fictional universe by silver0lilly.

we are like all other except are powers bind us as freakes.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “On Our Own”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

on are own

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silver0lilly on Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:52 pm

ok so im sick of you ppl hateing on me because i cant spell if you dont like it then leave! and btw this is here for ppl who are actualy intrestid in the rp and want to ask things or learn more. not to harass me.
Last edited by silver0lilly on Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PUT IT IN YOUR JUICEBOX AND SUCK IT XD

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

silver0lilly
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: on are own

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kelsiikhaos on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:23 pm

I am sorry to say this but I have a strong feeling that there will not be a very large amount of people wanting to participate in your roleplay due to your lack of capitalization, and mass amount of grammatical and spelling errors.
I mean, in your title it is called on 'are' own. That would be an our...
La Dispute
It must be true what people say,
that only time can heal the pain.
And every day I feel it fade away, but-

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

kelsiikhaos
Member for 14 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZoeyAutopsyx on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:37 pm

The spelling in this could use some work, and I don't think the introduction has enough details in it. I would refer to some of the other roleplays on here for examples of a roleplay with a strong base.

"Hell is empty and all the devils are here."
~William Shakespeare

ZoeyAutopsyx
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby silver0lilly on Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:46 pm

ok FIRST its left open for ANY powers. people CAN make there own, i dont make roles to be filled i let people pick there own and as for my spelling i have a bit of dislexia so u can stop hateing and move along got it. i did not make this for people to harase me i made this for me and my friends

silver0lilly
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Curtsive on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:09 pm

Hey, folks! Friendly neighborhood Mod, hither, to inform you guys on what should be done when you see a roleplay that needs improvement!

First, constructive criticism is allowed! That, however, means that it has to be constructive. I'll give you an example of what is and isn't constructive criticism.

Constructive Criticism: "I think you could improve on your spelling and grammar. If you can't use grammar and spelling properly, it might be a good idea to use a spellchecker online, or a beta (someone who reads and corrects your passage before it's posted) to read over your work! I think that doing this will attract more people to your roleplay."

Destructive Criticism: "Your spelling sucks."

See the difference? We're all at different levels and skills on RPG, and that is absolutely, positively okay. No one pops out of the womb writing like Stephen King.

Onto my next point...

All of the people involved in this encounter could benefit by taking a gander at the rules, which you can find here. (Just click on the word 'here'.) The main rule I want to outline is this:

4. No disrespect.
All of our members, staff included, are expected to treat one another with respect at all times. Intentional disrespect in any fashion will be met first with a warning, following by an immediate account warning or full-on ban, at the discretion of the staff.

Be respectful of your forum-buddies. We're all on RPG for the same reason; to learn, to entertain, and to entertain ourselves. If you feel your roleplay is being attacked unfairly, then report the post, and a Global Moderator or Administrator will swoop in to resolve the situation, and possibly give you a few tips to interact with your fellow forum-goers in a more positive manner.

Additionally, if you see a roleplay you don't particularly like, as I said before, constructive criticism is allowed. Disrespect, however, is not.

That's all I have for this post. I hope you all have a great day, and this roleplay turns out fun. Cheers and happy trails,

Curtis Smith
Global Moderator Lead

Curtsive
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:19 pm

There's so many jokes I want to make about this, but I know it'd be extremely rude, so, I'm going to withhold them.

And hey, nobody starts out perfect. I actually have no problem with literacy rates on this website. Occasionally, I enjoy going on more literate roleplays, because I happen to make some of my best characters on those, but I still enjoy entering roleplays that aren't as well constructed or literate, and everybody makes a sentence to a paragraph in posting length. Though, I think I partially do that just to impress the newbies with my longer posts and better grammar. But hey, you'll get better. Though, some advise. If people are complaining about your grammar and giving destructive criticism, don't respond back in a complaining matter, it only makes matters worse. As for those who give constructive criticism and are at least showing some politeness, like a lot of these people, don't respond in a hot matter, they're only trying to help.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BluLupus on Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:35 pm

Hey uh, I was wondering if you guys would be okay with me joining this role-play? It doesn't look to bad and could potentially be a lot of fun. If it were okay for me to join I was thinking my character would play the role of a young antagonist or mafia boss? He'd probably have some reason (that either you or I could make up) to come after your group and so to defend yourselves the members of your group would have reason to use their powers more frequently. Of course there wouldn't be constant battling/fighting (usually only when you let me know its A-Okay to attack I'll attack.) so theres still time for relationships and drama between your characters. I hope you get the jist of what I mean. Please give it some thought.

Thanks.

BluLupus
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!