Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Origin of Magic

The Origin of Magic

a part of “The Origin of Magic”, a fictional universe by Mr. Baneling Squishy.

We know about the sources of magic. We know about those who were gifted or cursed with magic. But there is one question that has never, ever been answered. What was Magic's origin?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Origin of Magic”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Origin of Magic

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:06 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Origin of Magic"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
POWER TO THE ROLE PLAYERS: Pet Project: Verseship

I am 33% evil, 33% insane, 33% role player, and 1% other (Note: Insane and Brilliant are the same thing!)
My test:
My Brothers Test: [CENTER]Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: The Origin of Magic

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ColorsOfTheHeart on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:02 am

Can I reserve one of the nameless characters? I also have a question about them. Do they have to be children or can they be older?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ColorsOfTheHeart
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:30 am

ColorsOfTheHeart wrote:Can I reserve one of the nameless characters? I also have a question about them. Do they have to be children or can they be older?

No, only the three siblings have to be children. Il probably post my character later today if I cant finish it sometime soon.

That doesn't mean you can't if you don't want to. Obviously since this is called "The Origin of Magic", there is much more to come to develop all the "whys" and "hows" further. In relation to that subject, I welcome any ideas or suggestions you or anyone else have.

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby deathrisesagain on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:02 pm

this sounds interesting. I'm thinking about joining as either Rune or a knight, but i also wanted to know if i could possibly play a demon that looks human, that could possibly be the killer, or maybe a demon that is also hunting the killer because they summoned the demon?
And on the eighth day, Death said "Let the killing begin!"

deathrisesagain
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:48 pm

The killer cant be a demon since Magic didn't exist then. However, its entirely possible that a demon could have the ability to appear human.

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:26 pm

Somehow, I feel that this roleplay is what my RP-deprived mind was looking for. I'd like to reserve Wicca, and I'd imagine her to be an older sister, but I'd like to try and keep her under 16.

Also, exactly how long has magic existed for? If it was only a couple years or decades, I wouldn't imagine there being too many magic users around until a generation afterward, or something.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:56 pm

Only a few years. Magic is still relatively new.

Wicca could be older, but if so not by much. Maybe a year or two. However, she could also easily be younger.

Anyways, Il reserve her for you.

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iezobel on Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:04 am

Could I reserve a nameless character please. I should have her up soon!
Follow me down the path
I will walk beside you
Guiding and showing you the way
I will not leave you
I will be standing on the path watching you
If you ever feel alone
Close your eyes
You will see 6 sets of foot prints
2 belonging to you, 4 to me
Then you will know that I have not left you

For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf...
And the strength of the Wolf is the Pack

Iezobel
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:37 am

Eh, a bit of a dilemma. After re-reading the introduction, I realized Wicca was supposed to be a younger sister. With that, I can't find any pictures or face claims I'd find fitting one. Usually if I reserve, I give myself a 36 hour time limit. I'm going to have to revoke my reservation.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:57 am

Lloyd999 wrote:Eh, a bit of a dilemma. After re-reading the introduction, I realized Wicca was supposed to be a younger sister. With that, I can't find any pictures or face claims I'd find fitting one. Usually if I reserve, I give myself a 36 hour time limit. I'm going to have to revoke my reservation.

Wait, I thought I left that open? I don't remember mentioning her age in any way in the intro O.o

Also, reserved for you Iezobel

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:26 pm

Well, I have been PMing deathrisesagain about if he is going to make a character or not. And maybe to see what Lloyd might do, but I think he is lost.

I could easily explain Wicca's disappearance in the Roleplay if she is not taken during the roleplay, but Rune would be trickier. I will also probably be posting either way soon, but I am giving some time for deathrisesagain to reply (or not) before I do.

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ColorsOfTheHeart on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:22 am

If you can't get in touch with deathrisesagain, I can play Wicca. I have a few ideas for her.

ColorsOfTheHeart
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:02 pm

Lol. Colors, deathrisesagain said he might play Rune, not Wicca, but that being said, I would love it if you played Wicca.

Anyways, managed to get in contact with him. Apparent it just took him 18 hours to get to his new school. He just needs to get settled, and then he will rejoin us I believe. (He should get back to us within a week or so)

In the mean time, Mana is described as the more impulsive one. So...rushing ahead fits him perfectly. :D

That being said, remember to keep in mind magic is still a relatively new tool and discovery, and using it randomly out in the open may not be recommended.

That's all, folks!

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ColorsOfTheHeart on Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:56 pm

Oh, my bad. I'll work on her tonight I'm going to be out for the rest of the day.

ColorsOfTheHeart
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby deathrisesagain on Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:31 pm

Ok, so I have heard from Death and he said he's going to join and play Rune. It's going to be awesome to roleplay this now.

deathrisesagain
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:14 am

Awesome posting so far. Mkeep up the great work!

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iezobel on Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:27 pm

Sorry but I mightn't be on for a while. Feel free to take over my char.

Iezobel
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Iimago on Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:39 pm

Submitted a character for approval :3 this looks interesting, hope you'll have me.

Iimago
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:56 am

I would post right now but I am nearly brain dead. I will post tomorrow/later today. :D

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!