Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Retribution

Retribution

a part of “Retribution”, a fictional universe by FuyuHana.

"Not even God can save us." A thief who steals from the rich, a guard who knows nothing, a wealthy daughter who loves the ill, and a clueless prince are all somehow joined during the ruthless plague.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Retribution”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Retribution

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FuyuHana on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:53 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Retribution"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Maybe we can recall someday, and meet again

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FuyuHana
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Retribution

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kileon on Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:04 pm

Hey, can I have the Wealthy Girl? And I did like the faces, they were so cute!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kileon
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby H3R0 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:56 am

hhhhhh I can't-

I tried

I probably sHOULD

Nope, no, I have to. It looks like so much fun! And it's small! I love smaller roleplays. Oh man, it's been so long too long since a good roleplay's come up on that list up there. I actually only clicked this by accident I won't admit how, but I'm glad I did! *ehEM* I'm sorry for rambling! Your faces are totally adorable! May I reserve the Prince? (●‿●✿)

H3R0
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadow44499 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:17 am

Hello there! This looks like a rather interesting RP and on that note, I'd like to reserve the thief.

The faces were rather... Interesting.
Image Image

Shadow44499
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FuyuHana on Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:33 am

You all can have the roles, and thank you for the compliments on the rp and my beautiful faces (/:3:)/

Sadly, Im about to head off for school, so your names won't be on there for a few hours until I get back, but just know that those are your roles!

*Other characters may be added to the list since all four are filled out if anyone else is interested!

FuyuHana
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby InfiniteOmega238 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:32 pm

I see that the currently created roles are taken. If you would like to make one more I would be interested in joining. I would prefer a female character however I am comfortable with either gender. The faces must of have taken some time to make.

InfiniteOmega238
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cittycat100 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:51 pm

I'm also quite interested in this Roleplay. It's very well done and like InfiniteOmega, I'd be open to join anytime if you felt you could add another character aswell. I don't mind either genders but I would prefer a male role.

Oh, and I REALLY like your faces ^( '-' )^
|-/ Sometimes to stay alive you've got to kill your mind |-/

Cittycat100
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FuyuHana on Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:46 pm

Thank you both for the compliments, and I'd be happy to open up a spot for both of you! (Your preferred genders will also be allowed)

I'll be adding both your characters to the list, but I have one thing to ask of the two of you; a layout.

On the info page there is the Thief, Guard, Daughter, and Prince, and I made them all related in some manner. Those were the original four layouts, so to add two more characters, I'll also need two more layouts. I would really appreciate it if both of you could make your own for your character as long as it doesn't resemble too much to the first four. (ᅌᴗᅌ* )

Of course, I'll be willing to help you if you need help thinking, but I had some struggle thinking of the first four so I think it may be best for you two to make your own if possible ヽ(`◇´)/

FuyuHana
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cittycat100 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:24 pm

Will do. I'll be working on the layout and Character sheet ASAP. I may PM you to clarify some things about my Idea for the layout.

Cittycat100
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadow44499 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:41 pm

Bahhh! I forgot to do Lucian's personality. -Derp- Ahh well... I'll do it tomorrow. Its late. XD

Shadow44499
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FuyuHana on Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:27 am

@Citty
Oho! Be sure to ask anything else if you need more clarification! I'll answer anything! ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

@Shadow
Hey, hey, take your time now (^v^) We're still waiting for three more people to make their characters, so you can go slow.

@All
Oh yes, and this rp may proceed a little slowly, both with posting and characters because of the time of the year it is. Especially for me since I'll be traveling to the snow soon and school work may get the best of me! ヽ(;▽;)ノ

FuyuHana
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cittycat100 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:19 pm

Submitted. Now all I need is for you to go over it and tell me what you think. I can always edit it and change it, just in case he's a little too similar to another character. (I've noticed that there are a lot of little sister's already... o.o)

Cittycat100
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FuyuHana on Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:05 pm

He looked great! There's nothing wrong with him! (And side siblings are fine, I wouldn't really have much of a care if all the siblings were little sisters honestly о(>▽<)о)

@All
Oh yes, and I just got PMed by a certain someone who will also be joining our rp, Roku Mushabuki, who has also talked to me about the storyline. There will be something added in as well which would be a resistance group, and Roku will be playing the leader.

That's all I'd like to say! Look forward to the next characters and rping afterwards!

FuyuHana
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:32 pm

Two questions. First. What's the rough population of this kingdom?
Second is the time frame. What century time frame would this be in? 14th century is the best in my opinion because it has guns and newer technology but crossbows/swords are still used more widely for the next three centuries.

Reason I ask is I'm determining how many rebels there would be.

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FuyuHana on Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:54 pm

Population is a little low, and the kingdom is smaller than others, so perhaps around... 400 or so people? There aren't that many rich since a lot are affected by the plague though, so around 250 live in the poor side while 150 live on the rich side. Out of the 250 that live in the poor, 150 will be carrying the plague. (°◇°;)

And century time....? Yeah, I'd probably stick with somewhere around the 14th century. There should be use of the guns, but it'd be good to also still have the bows and swords in action also. ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

FuyuHana
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:27 am

So 400,000. That's actually not that bad. I would say the land size of Hungarian Austrian empire or Portugal. So the duchy could be 25%.

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadow44499 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:18 am

Errr... I'm not sure but I think she actually meant in the hundreds, not hundred thousands. Though I'm not sure an economy could survive in that less of a number.

Shadow44499
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:27 am

That's a different view on a city. Even in 8000 bc a city was still in the thousands. I mean Rome was a city state at the time of 1500 and a small one at that since it was only around 35,000. That was good for a city (though the largest city was Paris at a grand 200,000) but it's a low overall population. The lowest city states in Italy being between 5,000-10,000. So it could honestly exist at that point but those cities were filthy rich and even had middle class. This city would be far too poor to do anything like set up guards, build a wall, and even collecting taxes would prove difficult without the money or manpower to fortify power. The biggest problem is that the disease wouldn't be able to spread since the city would have such a low density and they don't have the population to meet the usual problem of where to throw sewage waste.

If the city was, let's say, 10,000-50,000 and the smaller cities/rural towns then the plague would be able to easily spread due to trade amongst the people and slowly get to the city over the course of twenty years. Then it would also make sense for the gravity of the situation because of how many people are at stake. After all, 150,000 dead seems a lot more dramatic than 150.

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadow44499 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:51 am

I agree with you Roku. Such a low population would be contradictory to thriving material and monetary economy, a social and landed elitist government, and a healthy disease pattern and if the GM does mean for the population to be so low to ramp it up.

Shadow44499
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:36 pm

As for the weapons/equipment, I would think that the royal military would have chain mail/longbows/crossbows/arquebus'. The rebels would be more like Streltsy.

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!