Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Vincents Come to Town.

The Vincents Come to Town.

a part of “The Vincents Come to Town.”, a fictional universe by AwkwardlyFabulous.

When the Vincent family, who are far from normal, move into a quaint little town by the name of Dawnwood, how will the locals react?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Vincents Come to Town.”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Vincents Come to Town.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jynxii on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:11 pm

I've submitted my character :3 If anyone wants to see her before she gets accepted she's on my page ^-^ Also, if you want to make any relationships with me just send me a PM and I'll get back to you tonight :D Lets be friends~!

^-^

Love,
Me & Belle

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jynxii
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Recruiter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:29 pm

A question to those with human characters:

Are you going to be pro or against magics? :3

Or are all the townspeople automatically against anyways?
POWER TO THE ROLE PLAYERS: Pet Project: Verseship

I am 33% evil, 33% insane, 33% role player, and 1% other (Note: Insane and Brilliant are the same thing!)
My test:
My Brothers Test: [CENTER]Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jynxii on Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:15 pm

Well I can't speak for everyone, but as for Belle (my charrie) she does not know about the powers of the new people.. To my understanding it was a secret but I could be wrong. Either way, I do not plan on Belle having a set predisposition. ^^ hope that answers your question for my charrie :3

Jynxii
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Recruiter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:39 pm

Well, I kinda got from the intro that people do know about their powers.

"These supernatural beings are known amongst humans but they aren't always accepted into everyday life. Whether or not the townspeople will accept the family into their home town is unknown, and so the Vincents are trying their very best to make a good first impression. The kids are attending school and the parents struggle to find jobs. Here we witness them living out their every day lives, but there's a twist."

Yeah. Poor Jeremy, I can be so mean to my characters too xD

Anyways, now a question for the GM:

What is the deal with posting? When are we going to start?

Also, is anyone going to take the father, or are we just going to leave him as an NPC?

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jynxii on Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:46 pm

Oh... Lol well like I said, I plan on her being indifferent until she meets them. It says they are known-- they being different races, but not that the town has ever had any before.. So I assumed Belle would not off-the-bat know that the family was magical. As for the rest of the world, since she has never seen a different magical race in person-- she could think its just rumors or something. I dunno. I'll shut up and let the GM clear it up or give someone else a stab at it xD

Again-- open for Friends for Belle if anyone wants to discuss that ^^ shoot me a PM :3

Jynxii
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:09 pm

Well, I would prefer if at least one of my character's crushes was actually on another character :3.

Though that would require the other character's owner being perfectly clear that in his CS I put that as far as he could tell they were ignoring his existence. :3

Anyways, cant wait to start this! :D

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seabear21 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:31 pm

Okay, I'd have posted my character if my computer hadn't messed up. It will be up in a few.

Seabear21
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seabear21 on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:04 pm

Character posted

Seabear21
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AwkwardlyFabulous on Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:20 pm

@Mr. Baneling Squishy - The posting will begin when all the characters have been taken and/or submitted. I think that five characters - including mine, the father - have yet to be submitted and then there's just one male for the townspeople that needs to be taken by someone...

@Pretty much everyone - I honestly don't mind what you make your characters into, their backgrounds or anything like that. Anyone can be in Dawnwood and anything can happen at any time. I don't run a strict set of rules here as GM so just let loose and don't worry about what I think. A huge dragon could fly over the town, burn it to a crisp and leave everyone drowning in a miserable pit of fiery chaos; it wouldn't even phase me.

They're your characters. Do with them what you will.

AwkwardlyFabulous
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:49 pm

All right. The thing is though is that sometimes people say they are going to make a character when they don't. So we could be waiting for a veeeeery long time.

Also, just to clarify for everyone, you did mean that the town already knew about their powers, right? Because that is what I got from the intro.

ANNNNNNNNND it feels like waiting to have everyone post their characters is going to take forever, but I might just be excited... >.> ...or both...

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hallowed777 on Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:51 pm

I am sorry to say that I don't think I can make the female character I have reserved. I'm sorry but I just don't think I have the time to make the character. I wanted to tell you so that you wouldn't be disappointed or wouldn't wonder why I made a reservation but never made the character. I hope this group does great. :)

Hallowed777
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:56 pm

Woah, I just read Shadow's profile. Then I noticed that so far, everyone has had their characters first names start with J or E in the Vincent family. I demand this be upholded!

Also, in the interest of keeping myself busy, I am going to add several memories of past experiences on Jeremy's profile. Now, this will include interactions with other family members, so if you have a problem with anything, just let me know!

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MoonlightWraith on Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:21 am

hmm I wonder how many of us are British? xD

MoonlightWraith
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robinwing on Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:55 am

Oi oi. A Geordie sits on this end.

Robinwing
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seabear21 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:49 pm

@Baneling: Awesome interactions dude. I'm all for it. If I have time, I might even do my own sort of that, maybe adding on to where yours left off.

Seabear21
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jynxii on Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:54 pm

Where are we at on starting? Close? Who else do we have left to cast?

Jynxii
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:41 pm

Thanks. I will probably add some more later.

All we need is the mother and father. Aka, waiting on Awkwardly and Shattered.

But yeah, seeing as our characters (most of them) are related, we should have some pre-established memories lined up.

Edit: Maybe Eric can be the one who found him bleeding to death in the bush? :3

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jynxii on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:49 pm

I hope we can start soon.. as far as gender numbers go-- right now we're even..We have four children of the Vincents (two male, two female) and four towns people (two male, two female)... So... Unless the parents are are dire part of the rp-- can we not go ahead and start and let the parents come in after?

I don't want to sound pushy, I just feel like the rp has died and we aren't even started yet D: I kinda want the ball to get moving, is all... I'm excited ^-^

Jynxii
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:18 pm

Jynxii wrote:I hope we can start soon.. as far as gender numbers go-- right now we're even..We have four children of the Vincents (two male, two female) and four towns people (two male, two female)... So... Unless the parents are are dire part of the rp-- can we not go ahead and start and let the parents come in after?

I don't want to sound pushy, I just feel like the rp has died and we aren't even started yet D: I kinda want the ball to get moving, is all... I'm excited ^-^

This is why I have been adding "memories" to my character's history section. They are, in essence, posts of their childhood. You should read up on those!

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Baneling Squishy on Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:13 pm

Oh, plus the GM is the one who seems to be missing.

Hmmm....okay, how about we wait one more day, and if the GM is still gone, not to overstep or anything, but I guess I will temporarily become acting GM and allow posting. I don't see a GM usually leave like this then come back when they joined about less then two weeks ago, but I say wait one more day.

Mr. Baneling Squishy
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!