Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Unfettered Curiosity Profile Beta Four

a topic in People and Places, a part of the RPG forum.

Character biographies, journals, connections, and other reference guides for any in character information necessary for your players!

Unfettered Curiosity Profile Beta Four

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black Hoodie on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:35 pm

Oh Curious One, do you ever wonder what you are, deep beneath those layers of flesh and bone? However you feel, whatever you do, in this endeavour you are not alone.

This will be where you post your character generation method. This will also be where you update your character information in whatever manner you see fit as the game progresses. Any places or people you visit, whether created by you or myself, will also be posted here. Feel free to write to your heart's content about your character, or anything related to your game here.

Lastly, I will post links to the initial two threads for your convenience, and will add the IC thread link at a later date.
Interest Check: you-want-play-what-you-want-t85330.html
OOC: unfettered-curiosity-t85368.html
I was formed in the shadows, in the void faster than light. Sheathed in darkness, the world expands, and I feel at home in a mystical place. When I close my eyes, and the void envelops me, I can fly, I can breathe in water and vacuum, I can change my shape and go anywhere I please, anytime I want. No information escapes me, for there was none to fall away in the first place; there is only peace.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Black Hoodie
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Unfettered Curiosity Profile Beta Four

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Selene Durlan on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:09 pm

Pick one of each!
Lighter
Cool
Light
Weak
Solid
Comfort
Strong
Interior
Reflection
Nearby
Pleasant

Question Time!
• How much experience do you have with writing?
I started writing short one-liners about four years ago on a MMORG site. I was hooked from the first moment that I posted. When I found RPG was when I really started to improve on my writing, I began cranking out five hundred words or more per post, something I was quite proud of at the time. I have been a (relatively) loyal member of RPG ever since, my highlights and embarrassments plain to see. I will admit that writing an in depth CS has always proved to be challenging for me, I have preferred to wing it in the past. Which I still haven’t decided if that is a better way to write or not. Descriptive posts have not been my strong suit either; I’m more of an action focused writer than someone who will spend two hundred words describing a flower by the side of the road. I try my best when it comes to grammar and the proper us of commas (my mortal enemy). I can spend hours looking at a sentence, knowing it sounds off, but I’m just unable to fix it.

• How much experience do you have with play-by-post gaming, or freeform gaming?
The majority of my experience comes from RPG, from participating in group RPs and one to ones. I have written in several different genre types. The give and take relationship is very important to sustain a RP long term, if the other person or persons isn’t on the same wave length that you are it can make working with them a lot harder. I really enjoy when I can leave little hints in my post that the other characters can take direction and inspiration from. I usually type my posts up in a Word Document (faster that way), but I will use a notebook if I don’t have access to a computer.

• What is your preferred genre of role-play?
Fantasy is my favorite genre, vampires in particular. The Anne Rice variation, although with less angst and woe is me complexes. I prefer less magic instead of more. I feel it makes you really think about each situation if your character is less powerful, rather than simply summoning an interdimensional space portal whenever the situation becomes dicey.

I must also include my other favorite genre, Post Apocalypse. I think this is a very flexible genre that can easily be combined with different species and situations. Zombie or Vampire apocalypses being my favorite. I enjoy having my characters struggle, rather than being able to run down to the supermarket every time they get a scratch.

• What kinds of settings do you prefer?
I enjoy playing in large cities; I feel that it gives me enough options for exploring and creating unique situations without it becoming dull. Post-Apocalypse cities are really cool. I’ve also thought about a vampire controlled city, a mix of old and new technology and how the rich and poor classes of that city would interact.

• What is your favourite song?
Radioactive by Imagine Dragons. I’m also a fan of country music. However I have always found music that has a haunting, yet defiant tone to it energizing. So, my favorite band would have to be Abney Park

• Other than writing or freeform, what are some of your interests?
I consume TV and movies like a drug addict. I will obsessively check Hulu just in case something new has popped up. I enjoy math, despite it requiring a wicked amount of time to master a concept. I raise pet show chickens as a hobby in my garage.

• Do you believe yourself capable of handling mature themes?
I believe I am up to such a task. That being said, I don’t think I have been in an RP that had tons of mature themes. That is probably due to them not lasting long enough for me to explore that option. While I don’t have a particular theme in mind, perhaps exploring interpersonal relationships/dynamics sounds interesting to me.

Optional Questions!
• There is a knocking at the door. What is your typical response?
“Shit, its animal control.” Or. “Shit, it’s that Jehovah’s Witness family.” I then sneak to the front door and quietly look through the peephole. I almost never open door, except to retrieve a package once the FedEx guy leaves the porch.

• When you go shopping, do you go in, grab the items you were looking for and leave, or do you browse?
Oh, I wander around aimlessly for a while, inevitably buying stuff I don’t need and will probably regret purchasing it later.

• Would you prefer to clean your dishes by hand, or put them in a dishwasher and let it do all the work?
Dishwasher, but I usually end up cleaning them by hand because I can’t seem to load the silly thing properly.

• Water or Sugar?
Water.

• What would be worse, no legs or no arms?
No arms, hands down. (lol)

• What season is the best?
Fall, not too hot, not too cold.

• If you were taking a stroll down a dark, deserted alleyway at night, and you suddenly noticed a person at the other end, what sorts of thoughts would you be having?
It would depend on what gender the person was. If I couldn’t tell I would probably assume it was a male. “Oh shit, why haven’t I bought a gun or a guard dog or pepper spray yet. He’s probably a rapist, robber, or murderer. Why did I go for a walk tonight? I am so screwed.”

• Knock Knock.
Who’s there?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Selene Durlan
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!