Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Music Masters: Hi-Fi Prime

Music Masters: Hi-Fi Prime

a part of “Music Masters: Hi-Fi Prime”, a fictional universe by AudioKnight.

In the world of Music Masters, music is the catalyst for fantastic super-powers. It's the year 2010, and the Hi-Fi Wars have been going on for a solid decade. Will the war of sound ever end, or is the symphony of destruction destined to go on forever?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Music Masters: Hi-Fi Prime”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Music Masters: Hi-Fi Prime

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quill on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:59 am

Oh, Zodia, I just saw your post. Would you like to post first? I'm okay with that. I'll still try to write something tonight but I won't post it till you reply. It'd be awkward if we posted something at the same time :)

I also have a question. Do music masters hear another master's song playing even if they're hearing it on earphones or something? I ask this because Mick could hear the song of that man's Sentonal effect. Where is it coming from?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Quill
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AudioKnight on Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:59 pm

Quill wrote:Oh, Zodia, I just saw your post. Would you like to post first? I'm okay with that. I'll still try to write something tonight but I won't post it till you reply. It'd be awkward if we posted something at the same time :)

I also have a question. Do music masters hear another master's song playing even if they're hearing it on earphones or something? I ask this because Mick could hear the song of that man's Sentonal effect. Where is it coming from?

Yes, they can. It's a sign of another Music Master being around with a song effect active.
Let the music in tonight, just turn on the music, let the music of your life, give life back to music

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AudioKnight
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quill on Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:05 pm

Hey, thank you AudioKnight for the info. That's interesting and a potential problem in some situations. Basically, stealth equals no sound effects, which actually balances things out, I guess.

Also, I've just posted. I wanted to wait for Zodia's reply but she's taking too long. Maybe she was actually waiting for me to post, I don't know.

When writing this post I tried playing the two songs, "My Way" and "Mighty Mighty", simultaneously, to get a feel of what the music masters are hearing; it sounded really weird o_o…

Quill
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AudioKnight on Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:47 pm

Quill wrote:Hey, thank you AudioKnight for the info. That's interesting and a potential problem in some situations. Basically, stealth equals no sound effects, which actually balances things out, I guess.

Also, I've just posted. I wanted to wait for Zodia's reply but she's taking too long. Maybe she was actually waiting for me to post, I don't know.

When writing this post I tried playing the two songs, "My Way" and "Mighty Mighty", simultaneously, to get a feel of what the music masters are hearing; it sounded really weird o_o…

They do tend to sound weird mixed together, yes. The way I think of it, I feel like Music Masters can seperate the sound, kind of filter it so they can hear both songs at once, and the general ambience, and people talking, without any of it mixing at all. It's like superhuman hearing at its finest.

Nice post, by the way. I won't post myself just yet, let's wait and see for other people to post first, as much as I want to. I'll give them a few days before I decide to post.

AudioKnight
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rixo on Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:20 pm

Hey Audio, welcome back. :)

I'll wait on posting for a little bit, since I don't want to offset the flow of time too much between Brandon and everyone else.

Rixo
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AudioKnight on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:28 pm

Alright, I'll let Zodia get one in otherwise I'll post in like two days.

AudioKnight
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quill on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:22 pm

Thanks Audio, glad you liked it :)

That sound filtering ability you just described sounds way better and cooler than the classic, but boring, enhanced hearing. And it makes sense that music masters would have something like that, otherwise using their powers would be too difficult. I have to remember to keep that aspect in mind from now on when I write.

I hope Zodia says or posts something before you have to though. I really want to see what Astrid will do in battle...

Quill
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:31 am

Hey guys, been suffering from Writer's Block. I'll post tomorrow for sure, I just hope it be long enough. Just giving ya'll the head's up.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AudioKnight on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:20 am

Zodia195 wrote:Hey guys, been suffering from Writer's Block. I'll post tomorrow for sure, I just hope it be long enough. Just giving ya'll the head's up.

It's cool.

Now I gotta figure out how to do a post myself. ;)

AudioKnight
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:05 pm

Hey guys, my step-grandma just passed away today. It might be up to a week before I post again. Just giving ya'll a heads up. Sorry, just have a lot to deal with right now. Thanks for your patience. I'll keep ya'll posted though.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist World Builder Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rixo on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:52 am

Aww Zodia D: *huggles*

Been awhile since I poked my head into OOC. I'll post sometime this weekend if not tomorrow.

Rixo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quill on Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:59 am

I'm sorry to hear about that Zodia. My condolences for your loss. It's been almost two years since I've lost my grandma as well and it still feels surreal. Were you two very close, if you don't mind me asking?

Roxio, you're going to post? Will Brandon come back from the restaurant or something along those lines?

Quill
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rixo on Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:33 pm

Roxio. XD

Posted (also updated character profile with linked urls for songs). Brandon's on his way back from the restaurant (few hours difference between our characters, but I'd like to say "whatever" just to get our characters back in one group), though he's not within view of the mansion yet, so he doesn't know what's going on. :P He also got into a little fight that may or may not lead to certain events in the future. I feel like some things were left out in that post... x.x Being a perfectionist is difficult.

Rixo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AudioKnight on Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:17 pm

Hey guys, sorry for the lateness on my part. It's been a busy week but I will get a post out for us to push the story forward.

And Zodia, sorry for your loss. :(

AudioKnight
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Quill on Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:41 pm

Hey, AudioKnight, everything alright? Having writer's block? Can we help in some way?

Quill
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AudioKnight on Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:34 pm

Hey, nah, it's actually more of a "life has bitten me hard and is dragging me away" thing. I suddenly realized I got a do a ton of Music Masters stuff for my portfolio to get into art school next year so I don't actually know how much time I'll have to dedicate to this RP.

Give me this weekend, and I'll see if I have a moment to squeeze a post out. T_T

AudioKnight
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rixo on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:58 am

Hopefully we can keep posts coming fast enough to prevent the RP from dying... Do take your time though, Audio, we all have busy lives. :)

Rixo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zodia195 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:55 am

Okay I am back. And to answer your question Quill, yes Mary Jo (my late step-grandma) and I were close, but not as close as I was to my other grandmothers. Still I do miss her.

And Audio, I know how you feel about school. I have BFA with a concentration in painting and it does get hectic and time consuming.

Zodia195
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 13 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!