Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Eternal Night Approaching

Eternal Night Approaching

a part of “Eternal Night Approaching”, a fictional universe by Robbhus.

The amount of beings known as Nightshades are increasing in a drastic amount, and there are only so many that can locate and terminate them. Are you one of them?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Eternal Night Approaching”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Eternal Night Approaching

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FuyuHana on Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:24 pm

@Rob
Pst... Rob... sorry... School life is keeping me busy, and I'm really trying to get my characters finished. Forgive meeeeeeeee

Seriously though, I'll get them done soon~

Maybe we can recall someday, and meet again

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FuyuHana
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Renmiri on Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:45 am

As an FYI, my character is basically done besides the history; which I'll probably finish sometime on my 16 hour flight tomorrow. Will update either Saturday or Sunday.

(Robb, when are you planning to start this RP?)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Renmiri
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robbhus on Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:22 am

I am not entirely sure when I'll start this yet. I was planning early on Christmas eve (Which is the 24th for me, not 25th) but it turned out I had to work that day, so I am not entirely sure. Shouldn't be all too long till though, but I am still missing the histories of some of the approved characters and a good piece of detail on a couple of the other ones.

Robbhus
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robbhus on Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:34 am

Everyone, I was intending to have started this by now, but I've ended up becoming sick, so I don't think I'll be able to do it just yet, though, I am getting better, so it shouldn't be all too long till I can get up the first post. Sorry for the wait everyone!

Robbhus
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Finneline on Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:32 am

Take your time and hope you'll get better soon =)

And also, belated merry christmas wishes to everyone!
"Every mother on earth gave birth to a child. Except my mother: she gave birth to a legend. High five mom!" - lolsotrue.com
"Periods are ridiculous. I shouldn't be punished for not being pregnant," - lolsotrue.com
"Dear Life, when I said 'Can my life get any worse', it was a rhetorical question, not a challenge." - lolsotrue.com

REMEMBER: Facebook is not a FREAKIN' DIARY. Who the hell wants to know when you go to the fuckin' TOILET?

Finneline
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Inspiration on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:29 am

May I reserve number 10? :3

Inspiration
Member for 15 years
Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valeric on Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:32 pm

Oh god, why is my character sheet empty after submission... please don't tell me I lost several hours of work.

Valeric
Member for 11 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robbhus on Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:51 pm

Inspiration - Reserved

Valeric - It's probably a coding bug. I had the same issue, I'll look over your coding and track down the mistake, though if you actually read the rules, you would know that you must reserve before joining.

EDIT - Valeric, I took a look as well, and yeah, it was gone, all of it. Shame, you'll have to start all over. However, without a reservation, it doesn't matter.

Robbhus
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valeric on Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:28 pm

Can I please have rank 14?

Valeric
Member for 11 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robbhus on Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:41 pm

Sure, I don't mind that at all.

Robbhus
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valeric on Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:36 am

What's the power level of a hunter? Let's say, how powerful is a Rank 1, 10, 20, etc, for comparison. Also, how are ranks determined, and are they absolute? Is a rank 10 absolutely weaker than a rank 9? I mean, it never made sense in many series how rankings are so absolute. When you look at sports most top players are at a similar level and rankings change very frequently depending on performance.

Valeric
Member for 11 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robbhus on Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:24 pm

Valeric wrote:What's the power level of a hunter? Let's say, how powerful is a Rank 1, 10, 20, etc, for comparison. Also, how are ranks determined, and are they absolute? Is a rank 10 absolutely weaker than a rank 9? I mean, it never made sense in many series how rankings are so absolute. When you look at sports most top players are at a similar level and rankings change very frequently depending on performance.

First, I want to tell you to add at least one image to your character. As it is now, there is only the avatar, and I don
t see that as enough.

How strong a hunter is depends of course. A stealth-based fighter would be doomed in an open area, while an open area fighter would have trouble in locked areas. Circumstances are always relative when judging a hunter's power, but under the absolute ideal circumstances, comparing Nr. 1 with let's say Nr. 15, Nr. 1 would be so superior it'd be done in a second. If you take number 5 and number 1, it would be done in less than half a minute. If you change the circumstances so Nr. 5 is in his/her ideal terrain etc. while number 1 is in his worst, Nr. 5 would be superior, but Nr. 1 would still put up a struggle. Number 10 would most likely lose regardless with the same stances. I hope this answers the first part.

As for rankings:

A person's rank is determined by their strength and experience. You advance in ranks by showing superiority to those above you, or if someone above you dies. If someone dies, everyone after them advance one rank. This means that when you're a low rank, you easily advance in ranks, but it slows down under the way. It is up to those around a person to determine if they deserve to be risen. If there is a struggle between two ranks (With the low one wanting to take the spot above) the most common way to deal with it is having an harvester challenge*. Within the top 10 ranks, it normally takes years between each advance because of the clear split of power level, so harvester challenges are normally not a way to determine the problem, seeing that the power difference is so big. However, it has happened. I hope this answered your question.

*The Harvester Challenge - The harvester challenge is a challenge taking place over a set amount of time (Normally three hours in low ranks, one day in medium ranks, three days in high rank, in veteran, it varies too much) where both parts of the competition are spending the time to slay as many nightshades (Youmu), the winner is determined by the amount of money their slays were worth.

Robbhus
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valeric on Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:23 pm

Thanks, that's good enough.

Valeric
Member for 11 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Inspiration on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:25 pm

Ahh Robbhus I'm sorry, I went to my mothers house for New Years and with them having just moved in their computer wasn't setup so I wasn't able to PM you nor submit my character. My character is complete though, just need to put on some finishing touches

Inspiration
Member for 15 years
Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kura Ravengade on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:36 am

Good news you guys: I'm back from Florida! I have until Tuesday before school starts, so I'm available a LOT until then :D

Kura Ravengade
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Finneline on Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:07 am

Welcome back Kura, hope you'd fun there ='D

So, Robbhus, if I am not mistaken, it's only rank 10 and 13 to go, isn't it? Any news from the one reserving rank 13? Oh oh, proves to be the unlucky digit indeed...

Finneline
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robbhus on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:35 am

Inspiration wrote:Ahh Robbhus I'm sorry, I went to my mothers house for New Years and with them having just moved in their computer wasn't setup so I wasn't able to PM you nor submit my character. My character is complete though, just need to put on some finishing touches

It's fine, no worries. I'll look at it when it's up :)

Kura Ravengade wrote:Good news you guys: I'm back from Florida! I have until Tuesday before school starts, so I'm available a LOT until then :D

I will do my best to get up the first post today!

Finneline wrote:Welcome back Kura, hope you'd fun there ='D

So, Robbhus, if I am not mistaken, it's only rank 10 and 13 to go, isn't it? Any news from the one reserving rank 13? Oh oh, proves to be the unlucky digit indeed...

FuyuHana has been offline since the 26th, number 10, I'll try to contact through Skype as I have him added.

Robbhus
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Renmiri on Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:20 am

(Quick check-in, I'm still here! You can count on my post whenever we begin. c: Hope you guys are enjoying (enjoyed?) the last few days of the winter holidays!)

Renmiri
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Valeric on Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:50 am

Is there an estimate on when this will fly? I've been eagerly waiting for some time.

Valeric
Member for 11 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kura Ravengade on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:52 pm

I'm wondering the same thing. Is this RP still a go?

Kura Ravengade
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Giver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!