Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

A College of the Gods

A College of the Gods

a part of “A College of the Gods”, a fictional universe by Zenia.

Gods of Myth have been said to not exist. Everyone of them has been debunked in one form or another.... try telling them that.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A College of the Gods”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: A College of the Gods

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Candy_ on Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:47 pm

Yeah, I realised that a bit later here. (Reading over a Government textbook, so I'm not focused on much else, haha!) The suggestion still remains should Zenia decide too much Norse.
"Life is a dream; we must all be ready to wake up so we can dream again." - Amys, Wise One
The Wheel lost the Creator in 2007. I'm still feeling the hit. Tarmon Gai'don has happened, the World is probably in ruins, and I don't know because I'm not there yet.
May the Wheel weave for the ta'veren.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Candy_
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zenia on Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:18 pm

Lemme answer as best I can,

1) I have also been studying Norse for a long time. I believe this is the correct rune.

2) Yes there is a lot of Norse Gods, if you want to be a different one fine by me. I would like a better variety last time I ran this I mainly had Greek gods, so I will cap Norse Gods as it is now.

3) Volsunga you are not the GM do not confuse people by putting your opinion on the amount of Gods of a certain religion here. I understand your concern but allow me to deal with it please. I will not tolerate this.

4)Candy_ provide me a link to the myths and lemme read it over, the answer is most likely yes.

Last thing if I feel things are going to cause an argument I will kick the player out. I want people to have fun not people to be angry, but again I have no problem to ask people leave this rp or make another rp without inviting or accepting the player causing the problem.
"With these hands we will rebuild."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zenia
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zenia on Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:42 pm

Also Vali is Lokis' Son. Before you try to correct others on facts' please check your facts. Vidar is also not his brother but Narvi is.

Zenia
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Candy_ on Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:32 pm

Oops! Forgot to note this in the PM, she's not exactly one person, but for the sake of the RP I'll blend all her sides into one. >_>

Candy_
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Volsunga on Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:02 pm

1. I had no idea that my opinion would make it seem like I was controlling the role play, I am sorry for that.
2. I wasn't correcting your facts, I was simply stating that I thought Kenaz was closer to Loki than other runes. As someone with runic knowledge you know there are several runes connected to each god. Also, I meant no disrespect.
3. Vali is attested in the Gylfaginning as Odin's son and brother to Thor and Baldur, I did check my facts. In the same passage it claims he is "a most fortunate marksman." As I understand there are two Vali's in Norse mythology.
4. I would like to make it clear, I was in no way meaning offense, and I will provide hard evidence to back up my claims, though I understand that you are game master and your word is law.

Volsunga
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Volsunga on Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:20 pm

Also, here is a site to back up my claims to Loki's rune. http://shadowlight.gydja.com/loki.html
CORRESPONDENCES OF LOKI
Rune: Kaunaz (or Kenaz)
Stone: Onyx
I mean no offense, I completely understand if this bothers you and I will stop questioning as of now. I just wanted to make sure as a fan of Norse mythology like me, that we share our knowledge and that we prosper as the gods did in Aegir's halls.

Volsunga
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Surfergirl on Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:40 pm

If the last mortal girl spot is open, could I possibly have it?

Surfergirl
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zenia on Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:18 pm

Spot is open.

I said I may have gotten the rune wrong, I am working on seeing if I am right or wrong. However I know his stone is onyx as you pointed out, also Volsunga please fix Vali and Vidar, they are not brothers.

Zenia
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zenia on Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:53 pm

Nvm, there are two Valis' I am mistaken on that account.

Zenia
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zenia on Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:46 pm

Will start this tomorrow

Zenia
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zenia on Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:32 pm

Ya can post now.

Zenia
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Candy_ on Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:21 pm

So turns out that was longer than I planned.

Oops!

And here I was, worrying I wouldn't make it. :U

Well, Mórrígan just kinda stalked Loki into there.

Candy_
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zenia on Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:33 pm

Sokay if your posts are long! I loved it. ^_^

And also huzzah for stalking Loki! XD

Zenia
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chatvert on Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:45 pm

Crikey, you're setting a high bar! :P I'll intro Bast later tonight. I think JT can wait.

Chatvert
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Candy_ on Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:36 pm

Usually I don't write so spontaneously, so it felt a bit rushed because I didn't want to spend three thousand words and more time than I needed to!... XD

To wait or not to wait. :3

Candy_
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zenia on Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:21 pm

Please wait until all or most of the other characters have made an appearance.

Zenia
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Abbi Normal on Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:34 am

I noticed today that Eris got approved, so I wrote an intro post along the lines of the others, especially since it had been a couple days since the last intro. Hope that's alright?

Abbi Normal
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zenia on Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:22 pm

Sorry my week got way busier than I thought it would! So I am a bit slow on posts. I will put Dionysus post up soon though. He won't appear in the Arena, but he will be in the halls for any mortal if they wish to speak to him.

Zenia
Member for 13 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!