Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Kyushi Problem

The Kyushi Problem

a part of “The Kyushi Problem”, a fictional universe by laxnchill20.

The gym leader's of the Kyushi Region need to stop a new threat. Why is Red assisting the enemy? Up to 7 openings remain

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Kyushi Problem”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Kyushi Problem

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby laxnchill20 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:12 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Kyushi Problem"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
Laxnchill20

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

laxnchill20
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: The Kyushi Problem

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby laxnchill20 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:19 am

The champion and Elite 4 number 4 positions, taken by Shishio and Venom were claimed during the creation process, hence why they didn't post here first.

Also if you ask me to reserve a spot you have 2 days to submit a WIP CS, before your reservation is up. (of course all reservations will hold until we have 8 gym leaders.)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

laxnchill20
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:45 am

Ohaiyo Gozaimasu! Just formally requesting a reservation for the champion position. Be prepared for loli champ. I'm settling in on using either Platinum the Trinity or Rachel Alucard from Blazblue. We'll know for sure after I've crafted her personality. The champion of this region will be using mainly Faerie and Ghost Type Pokémon. Early word on the team line-up is as follows: Gardevoir, Jellicent (female), Whimsicott, Chandelure, Togekiss, Froslass, and Jirachi. I will have super uber reasons to have Jirachi. I will not be using Jirachi in every single fight like a total asshat. Jirachi will only be used, or so I'm planning, during important fights between the champion and NPC's as well as someone who looks like they might actually be able to beat me during their quest. That's all for now. See you soon!

~Shishio
Peace. Love. Life. You've only got one run, why waste it?

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:10 pm

Quick update, just for Señor Venom, I changed the FC to Mina Tepes. I also think that Nissa, my character's name, should e desperately in love with one of the gym leaders/elite four. Preferably, this love is entirely one-sided. PM me or post in the OOC to volunteer yourself to be the target of my yandere, completely batshit crazy, dangerous, scary and/or sometimes kind of cute but not really worth it affections. Ta ta for now!

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby laxnchill20 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:12 pm

Venom was planning on a lady character last I heard.

laxnchill20
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Venom0861 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:45 pm

I believe I can handle your affections shishio I shall play the ignorant male love interest for you

Venom0861
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:23 am

So... I wasn't planning on saying anything until I had something round and three dimensional, but can I crash this party by reserving one of the Gym Leaders? Actually went off-screen to tinker with a relatively weak idea that I think is fleshed out pretty well now.

The gist of it: I'm planning a male gym leader who focuses on fire-based types, and who has a 'badass' image to keep up of only using tough pokémon and being all spirited when fighting, but, and here's the generic twist, he's actually a softy who'd rather spend time dressing up cutesy pokemon in funny hats and all that other non-manly stuff.

I think I'm giving away a bit too much, but I feel like I should justify my surprise crash with a bit of a rundown on my character. =P

So, yeah, if this party isn't full yet I'd happily take up a Gym Leader spot.
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby laxnchill20 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:24 am

Totes got room for you and more ppl if you know anyone

laxnchill20
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:54 am

Also, since Lax is already using fire, you should do fighting or dark or steel or rock or dragon types. Those are each just as tough, and they will all be just as funny when dressed up in little hats and stuff. As I said before, the only reason I even suggest that is because Lax is already doing Fire and the games usually don't have overlap within the leaders/elite four type choices.

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:09 am

Well, dragon was originally my first choice, but... I don't know. OPness? Doesn't matter. I could potentially change it to that without having to make too many changes inside the sheet, so... If anyone hasn't gone and taken that, too, I can easily swap around my pokémon.

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby laxnchill20 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:14 am

Dragon is free. I was planning on listing the taken types in the morning. And don't worry about being op. Build the team you want

laxnchill20
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wolf's Bane109 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:48 pm

Hey guys! So, I saw this and was like, cool, this should be fun!! Then I saw who the GM is and my jaw drops to the floor!! LAX, IT'S BEEN TOO LONG MY FRIEND!!! So, I know this will be a very good RP!!

Anyway, may I please reserve a female, electric Gym leader? I was gonna use fire, but that was taken, so I was thinking electric, so yea, I'm going to make an electric Gym Leader who is very bad ass, but the thing is. She's terrified by Ghost type Poke'mon, always has been, always will.

Anyway, I'll get to the CS right away!! Good to see you again, Lax!!!
Image Image
Image Image
"I don't need a metaphor for you to know I'm miserable."

Wolf's Bane109
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Person of Interest Streamwatcher Friendly Beginnings World Builder Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby laxnchill20 on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:13 am

I have made some small changes to the team building rules. Mostly designed to free up your options.

The most significant changes being that Gym leaders are allowed legendaries just like the Elite Four, but I do ask that you make the existence of a legendary on your team special.

Also I am allowing you to repeat types that are used by other trainers so long as the type you repeat is used on a dual type team and you make a dual type team. examlpe. Shishio's team is Faerie/Ghost so theoretically someone could make a Ghost/Fighting team because Ghost was taken as half of a team and is still only used as half a team. A type can't be repeated twice, and if a type is the sole focus of a team it is off limits.

Those were the biggest changes feel free to re read the rules as you finalize your teams and what not.

oh hey also I might be playing a second character and I just want to remind you all you are welcome to up to two characters so long as only one is in the elite four and only one is a leader.

laxnchill20
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:24 am

yo, mind if I shoot one of my buds a link to this? He knows his Pokemon rather well and I'm well outta Pokeshape if I'm being dead honest here.

As for styles: I'm leaning Ice or Water...debating doing a mixed weather team (In truth I'm open for ideas and suggestions). Feel free to chew my ass up, I need to get my Pokebrains back.

My buddy would probably wanna roll Dark and depending on your approval and rule particulars maybe Ghost (accounting for something like Chandelure).

Nekohina
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby laxnchill20 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:28 am

You can totally send your buddy a link. And shishio is better at weather than I am (well I'm pretty boss with sun but that's it) but I'm sure he'll be glad to help.

As for you're friend in fairly certain dark and ghost are open (as long ghost is on a dual type team)

laxnchill20
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nekohina on Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:31 am

hahah I'll pass the message on, and I think I found my character inspiration: a washed out old man...which is exactly how I feel right now.

Nekohina
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daakukage on Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:00 pm

Yo I'm the friend Adam was talking about and I'm saying hi. I'm still thinking about my character

Daakukage
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:24 pm

@Neko, Kyaa~! Konnichiwa Neko Sempai~! X3

As for weather, there are a couple of fun things you could do. Assault Vest T-Tar is a better special tank than blissey. The only reason she still outclasses him is her ability to softboiled. Otherwise, Specially defensive, assault vest t-tar takes 17% from a modest, spec'd Latios's Draco Meteor in the sand. You read correctly. 17%. Also, since they fixed/nerfed weather duration, Excadrill gets to play some more. Throw in your usual cadre of skarmory/gliscor, lucario, garchomp, etc. and you get some pretty fun times.

Also, since they fixed Drought/Drizzle, D-Dance, Swift Swim, physical attacker Kingdra is back. Him, coupled with choice banded, Scizor can sweep teams. Toss in a special Jolteon to abuse that thunder and absorb electric attacks and your core is looking solid. Also, since fairy is weak to poison, black sludge/drain punch/dry skin Toxicroak is fucking BACK! All the health forever! Thanks to rain dish, Ludicolo and Tentacruel make for pretty hilarious stallers in the rain, and forteress, the best setter in the game, loves the reduction of fire damage. All in all, as usual, rain got all the good toys. :P

Hail is still lawlsy as fuck, but it hasn't gotten anything really outstanding as far as new shit. Walrien is the undisputed king of stall, blizzards from Spec'd Glaceon are still hilarious, and Froslass is still a real bitch.

You have lots of new toys to choose from, so do some research, and ask for my help if necessary. XP

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby laxnchill20 on Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:29 pm

Did you two want gym leader or elite four spots?

laxnchill20
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:47 pm

For those of you in need of hilarious team ideas, fear not, for I, the single greatest repository of all Pokémon knowledge, bequeath to you, a gift: Volt-Turn/Baton Pass.

The idea is simple. All you so is maintain extremely harsh offensive momentum with the moves volt switch and u-turn. You boost these lovely moves with baton-passing strategies, and you create a team that shreds through anything like a chainsaw. Lemme give you an example of an offensive core form such a team; a setter/lead, a physical sweeper, and a special sweeper.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 spdef, 176 def, 80 hp
Trait: Poison Heal; Careful Nature.
~Roost
~Stealth Rock
~ U-Turn
~ Taunt

Standard bulky Gliscor, eh? WRONG! With a decent attack stat, access to some of the best stalling moves in the game, and the ability to turn, Gliscor becomes the ultimate hair-pulling-out annoyance! Not only will he have your opponents enraged beyond all belief, but this nasty little devil also has the keen perk of setting you up to sweep. Taunt keeps you from being screwed over by entry hazards, and can help you to out-stall tankier threats. What's worse than having a taunted, poisoned Infernape lead? Having it take a chunk of damage and then facing down a scarfed jolteon, or even worse, a pursuit metagross. What's even better is that u-turn prevents him from becoming complete taunt bait, and allows you to maintain forward momentum even on a bad trade.

Jolteon @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 sp.att, 252 speed, 4 hp
Trait: Volt Absorb; Nature: Timid
~ Volt Switch
~ Shadow Ball
~ Hidden Power (Ice)
~ Focus Blast

This set on Jolteon absolutely wrecks. Everything here hits incredibly hard, and has almost flawless super effective coverage. Not only can you switch him in on electric attacks, and negate some earlier damage, but you can immediately threaten almost everything in the game with blistering speed, and devastating special attacks. There's not much else to say here. Jolteon is a beast.

Scizor @ Choice Band / Life Orb
EV's: 252 att, 176 sp.def, 80 speed
Trait: Technician; Nature: Adamant
~ Bullet Punch
~ Pursuit
~ U-Turn
~ Superpower/Sword's Dance

This set is one of the best revenge killers in the game. It's excellent natural bulk, fantastic typing, and massive attack stat, combined with hilarious powerful synergy via Choice Band, Technician, and Bullet Punch make Scizor a very dangerous set. Depending on whether you want to sweep or guarantee the kill, Scizor performs well in either slot, hammering fleeing Pokémon with technician boosted Pursuit, and/or outspeeding threats with his powerful, STAB Bullet Punch. Ever since his creation, Scizor has been a devastating presence in Pokémon and it's not just because of how badass he looks.

Your last three slots would be filled with tanks/utility pokés that can baton pass some nasty stuff like sword's dance or belly drum for Scizor, and/or nasty plot/tail glow for jolteon. Throw in some entry hazard support for residual damage, a spinner who can clear the runway for your pokés to take flight, and you'll have a nasty team that is hyper aggressive, capable of sweeping the match out from beneath your opponent's feet.

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!