Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Into the Dark

Into the Dark

a part of “Into the Dark”, a fictional universe by BDMystic.

When a serial killer escapes during a transport, Triumph City goes into lock-down. But the city is blanketed in fog, and the serial killer is back into his old stomping grounds. Can the police catch the killer before he begins to kill again?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Into the Dark”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Into the Dark

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BDMystic on Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:24 am

Welcome to Into the Dark! Feel free to post any questions that you may have, and I'll answer them as soon as I can.
Illegitimi non Carborundum

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BDMystic
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Into the Dark

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:02 pm

I am thinking of making a reporter. Investigative journalist, tracking the killer, talking to police. Perhaps making herself a target for the killer or he might reach out to her to try and get her to 'understand' his side of things?

Thoughts?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wheezymcgee on Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:26 pm

I would like to reserve the lead detective if thats ok I can put a character up soon.
I will not carry a gun, Frank. When I got thrown into this war I had a clear understanding with the Pentagon: no guns. I'll carry your books, I'll carry a torch, I'll carry a tune, I'll carry on, carry over, carry forward, Cary Grant, cash and carry, carry me back to Old Virginia, I'll even 'hari-kari' if you show me how, but I will not carry a gun! -- Hawkeye Pierce

wheezymcgee
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BDMystic on Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:25 pm

That'd be a good addition to the roleplay, Skulls. And you're good to go, Wheezy.

BDMystic
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:34 pm

Great I will work on her and have a character into you tomorrow.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BDMystic on Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:13 am

Alright, we are looking pretty good so far. I'll probably wait one more day to see if there is anyone else who wants to join. If not, I'll put up the first post and we'll get this thing started.

BDMystic
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BDMystic on Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:34 am

Alright, first post is up! And so it begins....

BDMystic
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:56 pm

So Addy will be known in the homicide department. She will likely be a pain in the ass for most unless they are on friendly terms with reporters or are unethical enough to want to slip her info on the cases. Feel free to PM me (any of you really...detective or otherwise) if you want to work out various relationships from acquaintance to worked together in the past.

Wheezy, she is going to know McCoy given his history with the case and position in the department. If you would like we can figure out how they might view each other.

kem, might be interesting to see how Dexter views reporters. Captain, same goes for Bailey.

Not sure for Robin but hey if we want to work something out I am open to suggestions TheShyGirl. I enjoy working out character things with other players.

BD I am intrigued to see how we can develop Addy's obsession with Marcus and his killings/motivations.

So...I guess I could have saved myself all that but if it isn't clear I enjoy character tie ins, etc.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kemj25 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:06 pm

SkullsandSlippers wrote:kem, might be interesting to see how Dexter views reporters. Captain, same goes for Bailey.

The character of Dex is the type of guy that spends a lot of time thinking about women, especially if they match his personality type. A strong woman that shows disinterest and is also intelligent would really reel him in.

kemj25
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:13 pm

Than I look forward to them meeting at some point. :) Should be interesting.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ragnarök on Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:32 pm

Well colour me interested! I am going to put together a K9 officer and submit him, hopefully tonight!
"No sacrifice is greater than someone elses'." - Skipper

Ragnarök
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BDMystic on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:45 am

Looking forward to your submission, Ragnarok!

Also, I added a picture of the knife Marcus picks up in my latest post, mostly for all the police characters so they can get in depth if they need it for a report, or something. It's on his character profile if you want to check it out.

BDMystic
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ragnarök on Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:02 am

Well I had a truly awesome guy written out and then my internet crapped out and I lost it during submission… I really should type these things up in word. So please bear with me as I re-write him!

Edit: Submitted Daryl Steele

Edit #2: Submitted Travis Dane

Ragnarök
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BDMystic on Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:11 pm

First blood, ladies and gentlemen. The hunt for the Handprint Killer just became a bit more urgent.

BDMystic
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:26 pm

Well there we have it. Nice. Creepy.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BDMystic on Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:44 pm

I was kinda considering making him a misunderstood anti-hero kinda guy. But then I was like "Naahhh" and just went full out evil guy

BDMystic
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ragnarök on Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:33 am

So… Can you mark on the map the locations of the bus crash, the fire, and cottonwood towers please? I am a little hazy on where events are happening.

Thanks!

Ragnarök
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BDMystic on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:20 am

Just updated the city map on the main page

BDMystic
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Schizo on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:32 am

SkullsandSlippers wrote:kem, might be interesting to see how Dexter views reporters. Captain, same goes for Bailey.

My bad for the late response, I tend to completely forget this section exists, but anyway, Bailey has no real issue with reporters at all, she tends to avoid them however.
I was thinking that our characters had met once in the past because Addy had been reporting Bailey's undercover investigation on the fact that it was longer than it should have been, and the reason behind Bailey being the only undercover that survived. Although Bailey has no real problems with reporters, there should be a little tension over the fact that you know/believe Bailey lied about what truly happened during the time she was undercover.
[Feathers McGraw removes his "chicken" disguise] Good grief! It's YOU!Image

Captain Schizo
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:16 pm

Sounds good. I think I can work that in. Perhaps when there is some time when she will poke at your name and as soon as she sees the case it was tied to she will remember her fully and I can bring it up in the game. Maybe wondering about how she is still on the force, why they would let her on an investigation. Nothing hostile but more poking for more information. Maybe looking for a chance to talk to Crosse after all this with the killer is done, assuming they can catch him. That sort of underlying tension would work well.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!