Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Haze

The Haze

a part of “The Haze”, a fictional universe by DumbassArmageddon.

"The machines... Spewing poison... The very clouds that sheltered us from the great emptiness beyond this place are now nothing more than a harbor for the penalty of our inherited knowledge." [STARTED. STILL OPEN]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Haze”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Haze

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DumbassArmageddon on Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:05 pm

Hey everyone! Questions and concerns go here :P Also, I won't accept your character unless you post here to introduce yourself! So get social :)

Also, if this looks familiar, this is like my 3rd attempt at this story lol. I don't wanna give up on it; The past two times never took off :(

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DumbassArmageddon
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Haze

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby boultinator93 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:11 am

Hey this looks awesome I think im going to submit a character later I hope you like it :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

boultinator93
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rougeshadow on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:59 am

Hey I was reading through and I have a question. Since we are living in this time period, can we start off with a weapon or do we start off unarmed?

Rougeshadow
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DumbassArmageddon on Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:19 pm

I'd say the weaponry situation is up to your discretion. You were a mere homeowner prior to the events, so you might have a handgun for home defence, a baseball bat or crowbar as a tool laying around the house. Unless your character just happened to be a doomsday prepper (Not a preferred character I wanna deal with), you wont have much. Unless you hunted or something :P If you can imagine the scrabbling for weaponry when reports first hit, it would make a rifle or firearm of any sort to be very difficult to come by. People would be killed over a weapon at a gunshop. Since its Russia, the weaponry at home could be a little heftier than just a handgun, but keep in mind there was very little time to prepare. Not everyone had gasmasks, but wet cloth suffices for a while. Hope that helped :D

DumbassArmageddon
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rougeshadow on Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:23 pm

Yeah that did help. I definately wont be having an AK lol but I think a shotgun wouldnt be too far out of range of what Id want. I was gonna go with a Remington 870 Shotgun. They are cheap, easy to come by and are good for ammo. Ill get to work on the character :D

Rougeshadow
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Fahrenheit on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:43 pm

Obligatory "Hi" post so I can submit a character. Would it be okay if my character wasn't initially from Russia, but got grounded there when shit went down?

Mr. Fahrenheit
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eskay on Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:14 pm

Hello! This is my introduction! I like the concept, the rules, and the administrators username/demeanor. All of this make me a happy individual and I am elated to make a character.

A quick logistics question! Do you have a specific length you'd like the biography section to be, or is it one of those quality over quantity matters? Are you thinking more prose, or a bulleted list of highlights?

By the way, Mr. Fahrenheit, your avatar is amazing!

Eskay
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DumbassArmageddon on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:21 pm

@Mr. Fahrenheit: That sort of thing would have to come with pretty serious communication issues. Even though we as roleplayers are using english, our characters are communicating in Russian. We could totally circumvent these problems if your character happened to know Russian pretty well. Which would probably be mandatory if you're going to Russia. Hm. Well, that figured itself out lol.

@Eskay: Thank you! And as for the biography, I would make it as a short prose piece... Write ot like it would be the short introduction your character would give to a total stranger so they can at least get the gist of who you are, and why you are who you are. Don't be discouraged if it's a little long or short. Use as many words as you need to tell their story~

ALSO, I will start accepting characters as they come in, but do not post yet! Once all the characters (about 5-7 max) are accepted, I'll set the scene and we'll all start together. Dig?

DumbassArmageddon
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rougeshadow on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:33 pm

I posted my character. just fyi :D

Rougeshadow
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Fahrenheit on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:40 pm

Oh, yeah, he would definitely know Russian well, albeit as a second language.

Mr. Fahrenheit
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rougeshadow on Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:31 pm

MAn it is lonely in that character box XD

Rougeshadow
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DumbassArmageddon on Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:37 pm

If you have any friends you know that would like this, refer them! Im looking for around 5-6 people, with about 50/50 mix of male/female... So if you know anyone, send them our way~ I will post my character later today.

DumbassArmageddon
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby missmacabre on Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:45 pm

I think this RP looks awesome. I'm going to start work on a character. :D

missmacabre
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BDMystic on Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:57 am

Post-Apocalyptic Russia?!? This happens to have some of my favorite themes in it! I'll be putting up a character tonight (Technically morning, I guess...)
Illegitimi non Carborundum

BDMystic
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DumbassArmageddon on Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:56 pm

Eskay, Mr. Fahrenheit, you guys still with us? If someone beats ya to a character slot, you're SOL! :P I'll allow three more characters, and hopefully a couple girls will join!

DumbassArmageddon
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby missmacabre on Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:07 pm

How is this coming along? I'm excited to get started on it. :D

missmacabre
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DumbassArmageddon on Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:49 am

It's going alright, except Eskay and Mr. Fahrenheit have gone missing :P Theyre gonna lose their character spots :( Im making my character as we speak, so we might just start without them and have them catch up later, missmacabre :) Does that sound like a good idea?

DumbassArmageddon
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby missmacabre on Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:52 am

Whenever you want to start is fine with me. :)

missmacabre
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rougeshadow on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:38 pm

I would say the sooner the better. the longer we wait, the less likely this will start and I would prefer this one not die lol

Rougeshadow
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Fahrenheit on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:49 pm

Hey, don't wait up for me. Maybe I"ll come in later but I'm not sure if I can commit right at the beginning as of now.

Mr. Fahrenheit
Member for 11 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!