Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: With Chat currently offline... An alternative » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! »

Temporal Conscripts

Temporal Conscripts

a part of “Temporal Conscripts”, a fictional universe by Lemunde.

People from all over the world from many different eras are pulled forward in time to help solve a mysterious crisis.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Temporal Conscripts”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Temporal Conscripts

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lemunde on Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:48 am

Okay, that last post took a while so I probably won't get around to updating the locations until later tonight. I'll be starting with the location Kyle and Ramirez are at. You won't need it to post but until I get it updated about all you'll be able to do is talk to each other and flounder around in the dark.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lemunde
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lemunde on Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:21 am

Actually I'll go ahead and give you guys brief descriptions of your immediate areas to tide you over. Remember this is all OOC knowledge.

Fritswick is in what makes for a sick bay aboard The Onyx. It's not very large, only 3 beds/slabs that jut out from the wall. Each bed has a screen situated high above where the patient's head would be and a fluorescent keyboard on a small shelf nearby. There is a counter and a stool on each side of the room and Fritswick is currently situated near one of these.

There are two sliding metal doors. The first leads to a large closet where medical equipment is kept, the other leads to a hallway.

There are various medical devices scattered on the counters. There is a comms device on the wall near the door that leads to the hallway. The room is lit by a large circular light embedded in the ceiling. Cameras in the form of small black spheres are in each corner of the room near the ceiling.

Kyle and Ramirez are in a wide metal hallway. It is currently completely dark. The ceiling is around three stories high. On each end of the hallway is a large wide door that is impossible to open.

Normal sized doors line the hallway. Each door has a small window and a panel on the side. Touching any of the panels will illuminate it revealing two buttons that will allow you to open and close these doors. Once a panel is illuminated it will also illuminate the immediate area, although it will not allow you to see the entire hallway all at once nor will it allow you to see through the windows. After a few seconds the panel will automatically turn off leaving the hallway dark again.

The gravity of this place feels different. You weigh roughly 3/4 of what you would normally weigh.

If you allow your eyes to adjust for a few minutes you may notice a small amount of light coming through one of the windows. If you look through this window you will see an empty room with the far wall missing. Beyond the missing wall you will see only stars. The door to this room is impossible to open.

There is a life support device near the ceiling but it may be impossible to see and even more impossible to get to.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lemunde
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screedle on Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:47 am

After looking through my post i noticed you changed the lines about my characters clothes. Assuming this doesnt apply to me alone, was it really necessary to leave us all naked? I was hoping to one day have Fritswick do some cool things with either his staff or watches (unlikely but i would like him to have them).
If its really necessary for the story i'll accept it, but I dont really see how this change is necessary

Screedle
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:17 pm

@Screedle

The boss did warn us about the lack of clothes and equipment. Frankly I find it adds a certain comic element not to mention it adds a certain dependency upon the generosity of our hosts.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raykon23 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:33 pm

About the character controlling... Yeah sorry about that, I was trying to refrain from it as much as possible. I was trying to not do it at all. So apologies for that. Ill not do that in the future. @DerekSmith

Thank you for not being angry over that. and everyone else I am still getting the ropes on this site and how posting works, thank you all for not being angry with me and I will redo my post as soon as Im able.

@Dereksmith, also as you said you'd be fine with connections between our characters would you mind messaging me as soon as possible to discuss said connections so theres no future confusion in the story?

Raykon23
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:20 pm

Just a heads up Boss, Me and Raykon23 are working out a connection. So the next time Kyle appears in his post there maybe what seems like character control but it's nothing to worry about.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raykon23 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:21 pm

Okay so I have something I wanna do with Ramirez where at times he has flashbacks of Iraq, and I wanna make another character for use in the flashbacks. Is it all right if I do that boss?

Raykon23
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:09 pm

Posted and lame it was only 639 words not my usual 800-900. I apologize in advance.

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lemunde on Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:42 pm

As far as the characters being naked I felt it was important to help emphasize the situation they're in. Besides, being as inventive as he is and with the resources he now has at his disposal, there's nothing to stop him from constructing a new watch, one that matches up with the 22 hour days these people are accustomed to. I'll find a way to describe how this might be accomplished later. A cane should be even easier to come by. In fact that might be something you want to bring up in your next post.

I'm perfectly fine with flashbacks and creating characters for them. Any of those featuring Kyle will need Derek's approval of course but you guys seem to be working that stuff out fine.

As for post length, Derek you've had the longest posts by far so I don't think that's an issue. I also spelled out in the rules that post length isn't a big deal. As long as your posts are thought out and have some effort put into them then they can be as short or as long as they need to be. If you try too hard to aim for a specific word count then you'll most likely end up filling it up with irrelevant fluff.

Lemunde
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lemunde on Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:41 am

I added a new location called "Unknown Location". This is currently where Kyle and Ramirez are at. There's also a simple map there to help you better visualize your surroundings. Your situations haven't changed much since your last posts and I don't have anything happening for you guys just yet so you don't need to wait for me to make your next posts.

For Fritswick I forgot to mention that there's clothes in the medical closet in the form of simple jumpsuits that you can wear, along with some boots. Sophie should be able to inform you of this or get them for you, however you see fit to handle that.

One of the storage rooms in "Unknown Location" also has a metal crate with a variety of clothes in it as well so if you guys are tired of running around naked you could discover these. I'll throw in some futury looking flashlights in there too. There's also several crates scattered around the other rooms but you'll have to spend a good bit of time searching through them to find anything useful.

If you guys have any questions about a certain area or something else you just have to ask. I'll try to keep the information flowing in OOC and we can handle it in character as to how they come by this information.

Lemunde
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lemunde on Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:32 am

I updated The Onyx location with a map. It's incomplete and I'll need to add some descriptions to what's there but it should give you an idea of some places you can go. For now just know that the armory, the turret control rooms and engineering are restricted areas and you'll need to get permission from a bridge officer before they will allow you onto the bridge but everywhere else you're free to visit.

And before you ask, yes, the arcpulse cannon is supposed to be that big.

Lemunde
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Derek Smith on Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:19 pm

Quick question Boss.The panels in Unknown location do they say Open/Close on them. And if so is it in English or some Alien language our characters have no idea to read?

Derek Smith
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lemunde on Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:53 pm

Derek Smith wrote:Quick question Boss.The panels in Unknown location do they say Open/Close on them. And if so is it in English or some Alien language our characters have no idea to read?

They might have a little bit of alien writing on them but they also have symbols on the buttons themselves that make it easy enough to discern their purpose, that being to open and close the doors. There's similar panels on the other sides of the doors as well.

Also I did put in the description that the ceiling was three stories tall. You're character won't be able to reach it just by feeling around. With Kyle's help you might be able to stack some stuff up to be able to reach it but the hallway is currently empty so you'll need to pull some stuff out of the storage rooms to make that happen. You should edit your post to reflect this.

I don't really have a problem with you messing around with the life support or any connected ducts but the dimensions of this place is kind of important. Also as you get a closer look at the life support system you'll notice that it wasn't something that was built into the structure but rather something that was added on later. The ducts are separate tubes from the ceiling and with some extra light you'll be able to see that holes were cut into the walls for the ducts to go through into the other rooms and had the edges welded around them to seal them off.

Lemunde
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screedle on Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:45 pm

Sorry that I havent posted, havent been feeling that great lately. Working on my latest post now.

EDIT: Posted, long one this time, so check over it so I can correct anything early (namely the space and science things they discuss, in case they contradict anything you had planned)

Screedle
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screedle on Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:27 pm

I am very sorry; I didnt understand how the chat works so I accidentally made two posts consisting of me saying "so what" and "uh" respectively; i've emptied the contents but since there's apparently no way to delete them we're stuck with two empty reply boxes.

I'll try and use those for my next post I guess, although it'll be a little tough if im working off information in later posts. I'll have to make them simultaneous i guess

Screedle
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Raykon23 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:52 pm

I edited the post boss. It wasn't nothing to switch up a few words but if anything else catches your eye please let me know. also can I ask when our respective situations are going to be resolved and all of our characters are finally brought together? Im not trying to sound impatient, but im curious.

Raykon23
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lemunde on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:52 pm

The only thing I see is that the med bay is located in a more internal part of the ship so there's not really a place for a window, but I can just move the med bay in the map later to make that make more sense. It's not really a big deal.

Sophie as a scientist might be somewhat concerned about preserving the timeline but people in this era don't generally have the same attitude. From their perspective the guild is overtly interfering with people's lives so they're more like "They created this mess, they can fix any problems that come from it." Similarly, the military takes the stance that it's not their job to police the timeline. However it's still their nature to withhold information. Commander Viridin will be taking the cautious approach and only revealing what he feels Fritswick needs to know.

Of course pretty much everyone is in the dark as to what's going on at this point.

Lemunde
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lemunde on Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:00 pm

Raykon23 wrote:I edited the post boss. It wasn't nothing to switch up a few words but if anything else catches your eye please let me know. also can I ask when our respective situations are going to be resolved and all of our characters are finally brought together? Im not trying to sound impatient, but im curious.

Probably sometime within my next two posts. My next one should at least somewhat reveal what's going on.

Lemunde
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screedle on Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:18 am

Lemunde wrote:The only thing I see is that the med bay is located in a more internal part of the ship so there's not really a place for a window, but I can just move the med bay in the map later to make that make more sense. It's not really a big deal.

Ah, I was perhaps assuming too much about the Onyx - I sort of had it in my head that the outline was the middle point of the ship, and that the floor the medbay is on would be above or below that slightly, hence allowing me to have a small window.
By small I mean 1 meter by 1 meter at most, and of course seeing as windows are technically a structural weakness, the distance between the inside and outside of the window would be at least a metre anyway. So, they're sort of looking out through a cube of glass. Im rambling a bit, I do that when I try to justify things.

Screedle
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lemunde on Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:11 am

Screedle wrote:
Lemunde wrote:The only thing I see is that the med bay is located in a more internal part of the ship so there's not really a place for a window, but I can just move the med bay in the map later to make that make more sense. It's not really a big deal.

Ah, I was perhaps assuming too much about the Onyx - I sort of had it in my head that the outline was the middle point of the ship, and that the floor the medbay is on would be above or below that slightly, hence allowing me to have a small window.
By small I mean 1 meter by 1 meter at most, and of course seeing as windows are technically a structural weakness, the distance between the inside and outside of the window would be at least a metre anyway. So, they're sort of looking out through a cube of glass. Im rambling a bit, I do that when I try to justify things.

Well that's assuming they use glass. I was thinking something along the lines of a transparent putty/gelatin substance that whenever it becomes damaged it reforms into it's original shape.

Lemunde
Member for 10 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!