Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Life: After Plague

Life: After Plague

a part of “Life: After Plague”, a fictional universe by midnightephemera.

What happens when 98% of the world dies within weeks? Would you be able to survive?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Life: After Plague”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Life: After Plague

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Fahrenheit on Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:05 pm

Okay, I honestly don't know what all this commotion is about, and I don't really want to form an opinion before I know the whole story, BUT that wall of text roomrider posted kind of set off a few flags for me.

"If I sent you another PM you wouldn't even read it" implying he's been sending a lot to midnight, which is by itself a little odd...

"It feels a little unfair that you just reject my character and ignore me because we got off on the wrong foot." Okay, I gotta say, (and maybe I missed something) but I don't see how you "got off on the wrong foot". Is it possible it just...wasn't a good character? I mean, I know I'm one to talk, my CS is hardly something people strive for, but I'm sure there was a reason the character was rejected.

"All the people in this RP say that your a nice and reasonable person, so why can't you be like that to me?" I'm not saying that midnightphemera ISN'T a nice and reasonable person, because I think she is; but that's exactly the first time I've said that, or heard anyone else say that. Honestly, this statement comes off as whiny to me to try and guilt her into accepting the character.

Again; I'm not trying to pick a side here, I'm not trying to be unreasonable, but this is just my impressions of what I've seen. I'm not trying to make any enemies, and I hope no one gets mad at me for this, but I think if roomrider was rejected, there was probably a fair reason, and what I've seen as a response seemed immature to me. //rant

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mr. Fahrenheit
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nujuer on Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:11 pm

I will admit I was part of the reason Roomrider was rejected as before when Room was unable to contact Midnight about the Roleplay with a few questions he asked me about them. To be honest when I was being questioned it felt like Room had not even bothered to read anything that we had written previously and even asked in which location our characters were. That sent up a red flag to me as if one takes an interest in a Roleplay then they should be sure to catch up by themselves. I raised my opinion to Midnight as I thought that the lack of effort in Room trying to catch up. Overall it seemed like it might cause a few issues within the roleplay itself.

So ultimately after Midnight decided that the character was not good enough for the roleplay Room sent her quite a few messages and now has appeared here. I think personally its whining but alas... just again my honest opinion.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nujuer
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby roomrider on Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:35 pm

Seeing everyone else's thoughts on me, I thought I'd better elaborate. So, I'll admit to being a bit "whinny" I guess I can be a bit immature at times and I apologize for it. As for being a bad RPer, I personally think I'm at least decent, the reason why I asked around a bit was because I wasn't entirely willing to read the 99 posts that were currently up there. However, if the GM had asked me to, I guess I would've at least skimmed through them to get an idea of what was going on. Since I knew that there were a couple segregated groups in the RP at the time, I wanted to try to find out which group, if any, would've liked to have Max (my character) join them.

About how I would be a threat to the RP itself. Well I say that I wouldn't be problem, I visit the sight often (usually about 1-3 times daily) and check in with OOC all the time. I read everyone's posts most of the time, but I always read the ones my character is tagged in. You can ask a couple of the GM's in my other RP's how I am if you'd like. I wanted to join this RP so badly because I loved how it was so active, I'd check in every now and then to look at the posts and there would be a new one every 3-6 hours or so. I'm currently in a few RP's that are moving much slower, and would like to be in such an active RP.

If you guys would just give me the chance, I swear I'll do a good job in keeping the roleplay healthy. Posting often, and finding a way to jump in are personal things, but I'll even go to the extent of trying my best of taking care of further matters related to the RP to help assist the GM if you'd like. I just need the chance.

roomrider
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ragnarök on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:43 pm

To throw myself into this, I am actually going to withdraw from this RP based on the blitz of short posts going on. I do not find it enjoyable to read and trying to keep up gets annoying since I can't post every hour or so.

Thank you everyone for having me.
"No sacrifice is greater than someone elses'." - Skipper

Ragnarök
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby midnightephemera on Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:43 pm

Sorry to see you go Ragnarok! Happy trails!

Now as for the roomrider issue, Mr. Fahrenheit brought up pretty much every problem that I saw. Because this rp is put together by everyone in it, I feel like care needs to be taken in who joins it.

Roomrider, not only did you send me quite a few chat messages, and FIVE private messages, you also chose to call me out in a public setting here. That's a level of obsession or immaturity that I do not appreciate.

midnightephemera
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby roomrider on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:10 pm

I know I did some things wrong, but my point this whole time was that I just wanted a second chance. I only wanted to start on a clean slate, that's all. A second chance is all I want, I promise I won't screw up like I have been. I am fully aware of the things I did to upset you, and I guess I should apologize for all of them. So I'm sorry, I'll admit to acting...abnormally at the time.

So could you please give me a second chance midnight? I won't disappoint, and if you still don't think I'm good enough for your RP, you can kick me out and I won't be back.

roomrider
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby midnightephemera on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:05 pm

Really, i dont want to go round after round with you. Please stop posting in our OOC.

midnightephemera
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby roomrider on Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:05 am

Fine, I'm done then. Nice meeting everyone and maybe we'll see each other again somewhere. Have fun I guess, I'll just go find another RP.

Oh yeah, and thanks BOO and Jenny, your support was appreciated Although I guess it was all for nothing in the end.

Goodbye midnight.

roomrider
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GreenPegg on Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:24 am

Is the grocery store from the most recent post the same one the other group is at? Because if it is, things are about to get interesting for all of us...

GreenPegg
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gasmask on Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:05 am

Fuark! My bad guys, I was super busy and only posted for a couple of other things and hadn't noticed the two guys RPing with me had already posted. (I'm retarded.)

I'll wait for some confirmation that it's the same grocery store before posting!
[left]Image[left]
Tiko says:
I still wanna punch him in the face
Mid says: Gas 1, Mid 0.

Gasmask
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Fahrenheit on Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:36 am

I have no idea if it's the same grocery store, but it totally could be if you wanted it to be. Also, if it was, the group already in the store might have heard the engines approaching since it's quiet outside; just a thought.

Mr. Fahrenheit
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JennyHeart on Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:41 pm

Hi everyone just to let you know I haven't dropped out just waiting for aurban to post so my character can move on :)

JennyHeart
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby midnightephemera on Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:59 pm

Welcome Parker "PJ" Jessler to the roleplay!

Ditto here Jenny, though we could move on and keep unpacking, etc. if we don't see anything by tomorrow.

midnightephemera
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nujuer on Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:01 pm

I think everyone is of the agreement that its the same grocery store. :D should be fun.

Nujuer
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Fahrenheit on Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:40 pm

I'm really waiting for Aurban, too, but I don't think I can really move on without Axel present (unless he just stays outside or something)

Mr. Fahrenheit
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lucky on Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:25 pm

I can't wait to RP with all of you. This is going to be awesome! Really glad to be here.

Lucky
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GreenPegg on Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:19 pm

ERGH...Sorry if I confused anyone. Fahrenheit's post didn't show up for me until a couple hours after. I edited it so it would make some sense.

GreenPegg
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mr. Fahrenheit on Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:33 pm

Anyone know if Aurban is still in on this? They haven't posted in like a week and a half, and at this point we have two groups that are waiting for a response...

Mr. Fahrenheit
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GreenPegg on Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:12 pm

I was going to wait till the group outside reconvened which is why I'm holding off on posting.

GreenPegg
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BOO! on Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:26 am

Has everyone died or something, no-one's posting at all!
Oh hey, there's some skittles! ..What's that guy.. OH GOD, HE'S PELTING ME WITH SKITTLES! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!...
..I think I lost him... NO, SIR! YOU TASTE THE FREAKING RAINBOW!!!! ...You have a bazooka?... Whoops.

BOO!
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!