Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Modern Times Confrontation

a part of “The Modern Times Confrontation”, a fictional universe by KOKIA.

The famous "Holy Grail" was destroyed...but then resurrected itself into a whole piece again. Now, in 2032, the Sixth Holy Grail War has begun and our heroes have been summoned and now have to follow the new rules. {THREE SPOTS LEFT}

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Modern Times Confrontation”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KOKIA on Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:07 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Modern Times Confrontation"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

KOKIA
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Modern Times Confrontation

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aarondalea on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:59 pm

Hey Kokia, would it be okay if I reserve the archer position?
Also, bravo for creating a fate/stay night RP! I still remember watching that anime a few years ago (how long has it been?!) and absolutely loved it-now I feel as if I should go re-watch the whole thing all over again hahaha (but I have no time ._.)
Anyways, since I don't watch much anime, I can't really say I have a favorite anime character- but I DO follow quite a few anime movies, so here, out of a lot of pains, I chose Summer Wars for some reason (I don't know why, since it was between Summer Wars and The Wolf's Children- but, well, the two are great, so)

(Go, squirrel Kenji!)
ImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

aarondalea
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LostRiver on Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:26 am

\(*o*)/ This. Looks. WONDERFUL! I also remember watching Fate/Stay Night a while back and I loved it. I thought the concept was very cool and I think that this is a great RP! Anyway, I was wondering if I could reserve the Assassin class. I'm thinking that the historical figure she'd be based off would be Charlotte Corday or Judith of Bethulia (the only page I could find on her was the Wiki page from the movie... >->). But yeah... I'm leaning more toward Corday.

Also, like Aaron, I don't really get the time to watch much anime (much to my dismay), but I've always loved Kyo from Fruits Basket... As a too-cool-for school middle schooler, I absolutely loved him when I started watching the series.

Much better as a cat if you ask me.

LostRiver
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheHuntress on Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:07 am

Hi there, Kokia. I must praise you on this wonderful looking roleplay. >o< It does look really lovely to be honest, and I couldn't resist.

For me, I'm wondering if it'll be alright for me to reserve the Rider Class. The historical figure I'm still contemplating on. It'll either be Isabel de Montfort or Alexander the Great. Leaning more toward Alexander at the moment...

Okay, I have watched a lot of animes... And by far, my favorite anime is Kara no Kyoukai. Favorite character from the series would be the main character, Shiki Ryougi.

God who doesn't love her eyes...

TheHuntress
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KOKIA on Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:36 am

@aarondalea || Oh my gosh! I love Summer Wars! ^_^ It was such a good movie. The Archer Class is reserved for you. Just one question though. Which historical figure are you planning on basing your character off of? If you haven't yet decided, that's alright too. Just wonderin'. ^^;

@LostRiver || Thank you for the wonderful compliments! ヽ(‘ ∇‘ )ノ I was actually kinda worried that the introduction was so long and people would click on the RP, look at it, and run away. D: But I see everyone so far has some knowledge of the Fate series so I hope there is no trouble...

And Fruits Basket was my very first anime I ever watched! It's sooo goooooddd. (。☉౪ ⊙。) I pretended that Kyo was my imaginary boyfriend.

Anyway, pardon my babbling, The Assassin Class is reserved for you!

@TheHuntress || Thank you for the praises. \(^ω^\) The Rider Class is reserved for you, my dear!

I don't think I've ever seen that anime but by the looks of the character, it looks pretty good. :3 Them eyes are beautiful :O

@Everyone || Thank you everybody for showing so much interest! Makes me feel special *tear* (;*△*;). Just a reminder, WIPS for your CS must be sent in by the next 48 hours (2 days, right?) and you CS must be complete by the next three days following that.

I'll probably have my own character. Just to share, I will be using Asuna Yuuki from SAO for my FC. ^^ So you could probably look off my CS if you become confused with yours or you could ask me...

Also, for the weapons/skills/powers on the CS; I will be making another thread to just put down every characters weapon and powers so no one else makes a weapon identical to theirs and have the same powers (Of course, not one person can just have a sword. There can be multiple swords but each one has to be unique in there own way :3)

As for the powers, each person can have up to four. Three of them being ones your character usually uses in battle and the fourth being the more extreme and rare one. But please make sure to make your powers realistic based on your class level. As I said, I will be including that in the weapons/skills/powers thread. :D

If there are any questions, I will gladly answer them. ^^;

KOKIA
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aarondalea on Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:41 am

Ah, yes. For my historical character I am currently stuck between Einar Thambarskelfir and Minamoto no Tametomo :\ Either a man not very well known for his superb archery skills but a very important historical figure who pretty much leads a country...or a man known ESPECIALLY well for his great archery skills but, well, spent of his life in disgrace :\

aarondalea
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KOKIA on Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:03 am

@aarondalea || Well, from what I see on both of their Wiki pages, Minamoto no Tametomo seems like a badass archer I mean, it says on the wiki page that he sunk an entire ship with one arrow. That's pretty cool. :O but I also see that Einar Thambarskelfir has more information and backstory rather then Minamoto no Tametomo. It all really depends on how much information you want of the person. They both seem like pretty awesome archers though. :D

KOKIA
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aarondalea on Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:16 am

Hahaha well, I'm probably going to go with Minamoto no Tametomo since...well...I can't really think of a great FC for a man such as Einar Thambarskelfir :\ I was thinking Vincent Nightray or Rajak Kertia but they both don't really fit the character that Einar seemed to be...

Edit: Would it probable for me to use Ulquiorra as my FC?

aarondalea
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KOKIA on Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:53 am

@aarondalea || Okay, that's fine. :) It's really up to you which hero you choose. Minamoto is cool anyways.

And of course! You can use Ulquiorra for your FC. :D Just to make sure, when entering your characters name (not on the CS, where you actually enter your characters name. The one you can't change. xD) Please enter your characters false name/human identification instead of your hero's name. Just to remind you. ;)

KOKIA
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LostRiver on Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:25 pm

Hey there! First off, I'd like to say that I'm actually more drawn to RPs with longer intros. I mean not like intros that are ten pages long, but I enjoy when it's clear that the GM put thought into the intro. As for Kyo... you're not alone in that. He's one of the only reasons that I actually started the show and then I ended up loving the series anyway and he just added to the love.

Secondly, I'm working on my CS right now and I have a question that I don't really know how to word, so I'm just gonna try it out. So, when I was thinking about doing the Assassins class, I was thinking that naturally, I would make my character based off a historical assassin (Judith, Brutus, Charlotte Corday, John Wilkes Booth, etc.). But I thought about it and I realized that everyone that I chose only killed one person. Like they were all imprisoned/killed afterward. I know that the characters are only based off of the historical figure and that they aren't the historical figure to a T, but I was just wondering if I could maybe do a historical figure that just generally.... killed a lot of people. XD Hahaha! That sounds so weird. But I mean like could I maybe do a famous pirate or like a serial killer? I don't know if that makes sense.... But anyway... If it has to be a legitimate historical assassin, then I still have a few possible ideas. T'was just a thought. ^-^

LostRiver
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheHarbingerOfCake on Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:58 am

Funny, I had actually joined this site because I wanted to make a Fate/Stay Night RP, and you got ahead of me! Your idea is more original and better executed than what I had planned, so in light of this, I think I’d much rather join yours.

I'd like to reserve Lancer, though I'm still a bit split on what the character's true identity will be. So far, I've been contemplating Saint George and Lugh, since they both seem to fit well into the Heroic Spirit notion. Lugh is kinda more of the safe choice since just having a glimpse of his wiki page gives you the impression that the sheet is writing itself, but I’ll probably go with the former since Lugh is just too similar to F/ST and F/Z’s Lancers he's more frequently depicted as a god, not a hero :/. I was also wondering how the Berserker class will operate, since I’m failing to see how they could adapt to modern society… or any society, for that matter. I mean, do they retain sanity until they go into battle or when they use certain skills? Depending on the answer, I might go for Berserker instead, but for now I’d rather have Lancer.

My favorite anime is constantly changing; I recently came across Eureka Seven after a long time and I remembered why I liked it so much, so I guess that’s my current favorite. Holand Novak was the most interesting character in my opinon.

TheHarbingerOfCake
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KOKIA on Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:53 am

@LostRiver || Sorry I didn't reply yesterday. D: And sorry if I was holding you up on your CS. I was doing homework that I should of got done the day before. xD

I think that should be fine. You can base your character off of a famous serial killer or something along those lines since assassins kinda are killers. It is hard to find historical figures that were assassins and whom killed a lot of people.... V-V It's so sad, we can't find anybody who killed a lot of people. xD. But yes, I'm sure that would be alright if you base your character off a famous person who killed the peoples.

@TheHarbingerOfCake || Sorry I stole your thunder in making a F/SN RP. xD[/b]. Yes, the Lancer class [s]unless you want the Berserker class after is reserved for you! As for your hero, It really depends on who you want to choose. But you're right, you should try to aim towards not making it like the heroes in the F/SN anime itself.

As for the Berserker class, I was kinda thinking they could keep their sanity in check and then let all hell break loose in battle...just like you said. (just to keep thing, you know, sane.) I don't want anything too crazy, either. ^^ I hope that answers your question...

KOKIA
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:31 am

Hello! Well met everyone!

As you can see, my name is Shishio, and I'm a friend of Aaron and TheHuntress. :D

(Or at least, I hope I am, otherwise this just got super awkward....)

I digress! I am very interested in this RP! It's very well done, and has a lovely premise. I suppose I'll have to look into Fate/Stay Night now. Yay! More things to do instead of sleeping! :D

I was wondering if there were any roles left, and which ones they might be? I am comfortable, and confident, in my ability to play a role of any sort, and I look forward to playing with you love gentlemen and ladies! While, usually, I prefer to play physical fighters, I am not deterred by the prospect of playing a long-range/support role. Further, if there are no roles left, that's ok too! I don't wanna push any buttons or step on any toes.

Obviously, in order to base the character off of a historical figure, I would need to know which role I'm playing first, that way I can find something appropriate.

Lastly, my favorite anime is, most probably, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. I'm a sucker for Gainax. It's kind of a problem...

Peace. Love. Life. You've only got one run, why waste it?

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aarondalea on Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:43 am

@all: So... I was wondering if this RP is still up? I have to admit- I'm guilty- I went through everyone's character pages and only saw that Huntress and I have WIPs up (massive WIPs at that hahahaha). So I was wondering if the other three (you guys) are still interested? If so, I'll get back to finishing up Sullivan. If not...

Sorry for sounding pushy, guys. I'm just really interested in this role-play and what it to get rolling :)
Thanks!

aarondalea
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:00 pm

I am definitely still interested, I just suppose I didn't want to start without @Kokia's consent. If it would be alright with you, @Kokia, I would like to formally reserve the Caster, or Magus, role with Dante, the writer of the Divine Comedy and the Inferno, as my historical figure.

My favorite anime is still Gurren Lagann. I'm a shameless Gainax Fanboy. XD

I'm not quite sure who to use as a face claim yet, but I'll find something. I'm thinking of having the Caster be young and small, like previous incarnations of the Caster.

If it's still ok with you, Huntress, I'd love to have us start out together, as Pseudo-Partners. I was planning on making the caster a direct foil of your Rider. He'd be completely un-serious, just a little pervy, and a shameless prankster. However, his heart would be in the right place, and he would know when to be silly and when to be somber. I feel like this would allow us to bring some comedy to an otherwise aggressive, and decidedly noir, story line.

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LostRiver on Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:09 pm

I am DEFINITELY still up for it, I just had some big, rather important questions about my character (which are actually pretty essential to the entire character) for Kokia. I PMed her those questions, but I never got a response, so I never formally started working on my character. But yes I'm still in this if anyone decides to sorta try to revive it ^-^

LostRiver
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aarondalea on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:22 am

:\ I really wanted this to start, but with the looks of it...

aarondalea
Member for 10 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!