Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Rogue and the Sorceress

a part of “The Rogue and the Sorceress”, a fictional universe by RurouniBishi.

A 1x1 between RurouniBishi and WendyDarling

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Rogue and the Sorceress”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RurouniBishi on Thu May 01, 2014 12:07 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Rogue and the Sorceress"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RurouniBishi
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Rogue and the Sorceress

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WendyDarling on Sat May 03, 2014 6:09 am

Feel free to make up whatever you want about the artifact and the quest, or if you don't have any ideas we can brainstorm. I just ended there because it seemed like a good place for you to bring in your character.
"Wizards didn't kill ordinary people because a) they seldom noticed them and b) it wasn't considered sporting and c) besides, who'd do all the cooking and growing food and things. "

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WendyDarling
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RurouniBishi on Sat May 03, 2014 11:24 am

Sorry! But my post was getting really long all ready. If you want to chat or PM about it, we can come up with the details of the job together.

RurouniBishi
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WendyDarling on Sat May 03, 2014 6:49 pm

Sounds good! So what do we want to do with this... well, it needs to be something world-saving and hard to get to. Maybe guarded by some kind of monster and a few countries away or something...

WendyDarling
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RurouniBishi on Sun May 04, 2014 10:27 am

Right, I like the idea of a dragon or chimera guarding it. Maybe it should be some sort of special weapon? Like a staff or a sword? Or should it be more like an object?

RurouniBishi
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WendyDarling on Sun May 04, 2014 6:55 pm

Hmm. If it's a special weapon they could end up using it, but if it's an object it wouldn't have to be too important to the plot after they find it. I'm up for either.

And of the two I'd love the idea of a chimera. Or a hydra. Maybe a Kraken. Something monstrous and huge.

WendyDarling
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RurouniBishi on Sun May 04, 2014 7:23 pm

What about some sort of orb? So it could be both a weapon and an object.

Oooohhh, yes a hydra. That would be awesome.

RurouniBishi
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WendyDarling on Sun May 04, 2014 7:34 pm

Ooo best of both worlds. And both of them could use it, depending on what the plot demanded. Done and done. So we're good on distant country, hydra, orb.... what does the orb have the power to do? Or prevent?

Actually, we could assume that Lord Ackryn won't tell them the truth since he turns out to be the villain. For example, he could say that bringing the orb back and using it in a certain magical ritual will prevent some big disaster they've been seeing evidence of, but really it's the key to causing giving him a ton of magical power. Hm. That's not a great example but you get where I'm going with it.

WendyDarling
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RurouniBishi on Sun May 04, 2014 7:47 pm

Oh of course he wouldn't tell them what it really did. We could go for the classic the orb is used to seal some dark entity. But it can also unseal it, and that's what Lord Ackryn uses it to do.

RurouniBishi
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WendyDarling on Sun May 04, 2014 7:58 pm

Gotcha. I like it. That way it only has one purpose, making it a lot simpler. So do we need any other details before I write up the post? Orb, hydra, distant country.... is there anything else he would tell them? There's got to be a way that he'd convince them that the orb was for an imminent threat, or maybe the money would just be enough?

WendyDarling
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RurouniBishi on Sun May 04, 2014 8:12 pm

I think if he told them about it sealing the evil entity it would be enough. If he also told him that said entity was starting to break loose.

RurouniBishi
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WendyDarling on Sun May 04, 2014 8:28 pm

Mmm yeah especially if he namedropped. I think we've got all the basic details, so I'll get a post up and then let me know if I should edit anything.

WendyDarling
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!