Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Babylon

Babylon

a part of “Babylon”, a fictional universe by Secute.

An underground city where anything can happen

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Babylon”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Babylon

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby girlwt on Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:27 pm

Hopefully that post is ok, I think I left the descriptions vague but that is sort of how I pictured Babylon, can change things if need be.
There is a sacredness in tears....They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition and of unspeakable love.

Washington Irving

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

girlwt
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Secute on Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:47 pm

It's fine. It's open for the other two characters. I'm going to PM the other missing girl again, if I get no response then she will be dropped and I will double as Vanessa.
Chipping away at boulders
I conquer fire
40 days 40 nights
No New Star
Fuck your Third Eye!
I be the One
Neo of the Sun
Give me simplicity

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Secute
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Secute on Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:26 pm

All right guys! I'm about to leave and won't be able to get back on until Monday. So once everyone gets their first post up, then I should be able to post. Good luck with the post guys! I will make my fabulous return on Monday ^^

Secute
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thesouthernbelle on Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:03 pm

I'm getting ready to post for Meredith, but as I'm finishing it up, I've noticed I have her going her own way, away from the group. I hope that's okay with everyone. I just figured with the personality I have for her and the tension between her and Riley, it fit with her going her own way.

If that's not okay with everyone, I can change it.
That's Just Peachy

thesouthernbelle
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby girlwt on Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:59 pm

I like it, gives her more of a chance to meet the president by accident, and it leaves Riley slightly confused

girlwt
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Addrinvan on Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:10 pm

Kind of perfect for my character. He's on the street just waiting for you to catch his eye.
It's okay to eat fish because they don't have any feelings.

Addrinvan
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CazzCity on Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:56 am

Just put up my first post. Sorta happy with it but I had 3 different ones... this seemed a little more fitting though.

Was rather vague of setting but it happens in a nearby building upstairs, where MJ is cutting up a person while giving a lil bit of background... Which comes off rather creepy I know but... lolz.

Should actually add a little more to it... Gonna edit it now lol.

CazzCity
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Addrinvan on Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:29 am

I genuinely laughed cazz, " Where MJ is cutting up a person and giving a little background... Lolz" the Lolz just caught me off guard there.

Addrinvan
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CazzCity on Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:46 am

Thanks Addrinvan, it was what I was going for.

Wanted to have some background of the city, elysium, and character but it seemed out of place in a first person narative. So turned it into a speech but who would he talk to in Babylon about stuff like that? No one really, except maybe the New Blood.... or a dead person.

So I decided on a dead person, thought it would send an overall tone to Babylon. And I wanted it to be comedic rather than just "I just killed someone... meh". Dark/Serious comedy is something I personally find funny... heheheh.

CazzCity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kagerou on Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:01 pm

I just posted, if anyone cares. lol.
Hey, that's a post!

Kagerou
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CazzCity on Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:22 pm

I care Kagerou, lol. Like how your character came off, especialy with MJR. You shouldn't realy trust the guy but he isn't as bad as he seems. But I guess your character isn't going to like him so much... considering I put them into the hospital.... lol.

Merideth's character has gained my interest as well. When you do try to take over... think of getting help from some of the residents of Babylon. MJR can provide financial support and has some drug control, hint hint wink wink. That and he needs to find some way of getting out of there.

Going to wait til Riley posts again... and maybe Vanessa if she shows up lolz.

CazzCity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby girlwt on Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:30 pm

Oh wait, you just didn't just post again, and good post Kagerou. I am trying to work something out for Riley, so if he goes in abandonment mode don't be surprised.

girlwt
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thesouthernbelle on Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:22 pm

If it's alright with Secute, I have a friend who is willing to take Vanessa's role!

She wanted me to make sure to mention how awesome she is xD not sure how to do that properly, but she is pretty awesome! And I'm sure she'd be able to start posting along with the rest of us as soon as her character was accepted :)

thesouthernbelle
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby girlwt on Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:39 pm

That is awesome, I don't think Secute is going to be back until tomorrow though, just to let her know

girlwt
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby thesouthernbelle on Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:03 pm

I mentioned that to her, and I think she's going to get a character sheet started tonight/tomorrow.

I think she'd be a perfect fit for the role. :)

thesouthernbelle
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Secute on Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:51 pm

Fabulous! I'm back and with internet! Yes! Anyways wow had to catch up a little on the posting, nothing wrong with that though. So southern, that is great! I was about to double for Vanessa but since you have a friend who can do the character that is awesome! I should have my next post up tomorrow....or technically later today.

@girlwt do not worry our characters will run into each other in my next post.

Secute
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CazzCity on Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:26 am

Sorry about the double post... my phone will sometimes fail that way.

CazzCity
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby girlwt on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:10 pm

Yay we got all our characters...now should I post again or wait

girlwt
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Secute on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:40 pm

Hm...girlwt if you want to have your character run into mine now you can. Or I can post and have Joon run into Riley. I'll leave it to you.

Secute
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby girlwt on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:13 pm

Hmm, just go ahead and post and have him run into Riley, if that is okay.

girlwt
Member for 15 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!