Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Silence of Wings

Silence of Wings

a part of “Silence of Wings”, a fictional universe by BurningDark.

closed

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Silence of Wings”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Silence of Wings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningDark on Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:32 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Silence of Wings"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BurningDark
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Re: Silence of Wings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pazeem on Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:06 am

Greeting: Hello,

I am, or at least have recently tried to join your game as, Pendwil, the incorporeal corpse stealer.
I'm still not sure how things work around here. I wonder, have I been approved and how do I post?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Pazeem
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningDark on Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:08 pm

Hello, Pazeem.

Pendwil has been approved! To post, go to Places, Choose a Place, and Reply. Welcome to RolePlayGateway, by the way. I look forward to seeing your posts!

-BurningDark

BurningDark
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pazeem on Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:30 am

My thanks.

I have posted, and hopefully to the satisfaction of, and without stepping on the figurative toes of, my fellowes.

Pazeem
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pazeem on Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:34 pm

How does the "Life Charges" statistic work, and what is it about?

Pazeem
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningDark on Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:34 am

Alright, Pazeem, I'll answer this as best I can.

Life Charges technically measure how much magic you're capable of using the time the you've been dead. So, if a spirit is under 5 years dead, then it could only produce a flicker of light. If it's a couple centuries dead, however, then it can draw on elemental powers, such as lightning and stuff. Here's a rough chart:

YEARS MAGIC
1-100: Basic magic, such as a spark in their palm. Can only sustain for a few minutes. (Use life element)
101-200: Longer sustainability (Up to 30 min)
201-300: Summon other types of magic (Water, Fire, Electricity)
301-400: Able to project elements, but not hurt anything except spirits with it.
401-500: Able to manipulate objects around them, such as wobbling pebbles.
500-1000: Up to a day of sustainability and complete control over Water, Fire, and Electricity. Also, basic possession.
1001-5000: Control lightning, some lava, and other elemental powers. Also, can use solid objects (E.G. pen and paper) in spirit form.
5001-10,000: Spirit's magic affects humans and animals directly, such as burning or drowning them.
10,001-100,000: Spirits can take the form of anything they like, be it animal or even a solid object, like a sword.

So on and so forth. Most spirits can only control their life element at first, and human spirits can only use magic by drawing on other organisms' life forces. For instance, if a human spirit was in the city, it would have to draw on the lives of rats and other creatures to be able to use magic. Oh, and by the way, if spirits come in contact with any source of topaz, the will become weaker, because that's a weakness to spirits.

I incorporated the Life Charges just because I don't want the spirits flying around being magical in people's way. Most spirits wouldn't do that, but I just want this to be fairer.

I hope I answered all of your question. If not, just ask!
Have a great day!

-BurningDark

BurningDark
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pazeem on Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:51 am

I see. Interesting.

Unfortunately, I will be out of touch till Wednesday. Carry on.

Pazeem
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pazeem on Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:50 am

A few more questions.

What is "sustainability" (in the 500-1000 years dead row)?

Am I reading something wrong, or are the dragons in fact missing from the world; which makes the appearance of Valaser rather spectacular?

Pazeem
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningDark on Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:59 am

A few more questions.

What is "sustainability" (in the 500-1000 years dead row)?

Am I reading something wrong, or are the dragons in fact missing from the world; which makes the appearance of Valaser rather spectacular?

Questions are welcome!

As I've said, I'm still trying to work through all of this, so here goes-

1. This just means how long you can keep up the magic.

2. Dragons are, in fact, mostly gone, being hunted nearly to extinction. This is why Virentia is in a rather secluded place, mostly impossible to reach unless by flight- dragon-back access. The Hatch, briefly mentioned, is what occurs when a clutch of dragon eggs are discovered. Exulum are quite rare in themselves, having possession of a certain set of skills. When Aeska receives the letter of Exulum acceptance, that merely requires that she requires a Hatch to see if she becomes bonded. So, yes, Valaser is a quite spectacular appearance in this story.

Virentia (I'll just explain it now) is more of a dragon nursery, where all of the dragons are raised. Some are bred, but it's fairly rare to find dragon's eggs. Once the dragon is a proper age, it will learn battle techniques, proper magical channeling, and other skills. The Exulum will obtain much of the similar training.

I hope that answered those accurately enough. If not, feel free to ask more questions!

Have a nice day!

-BurningDark

BurningDark
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pazeem on Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:15 am

Did the game die?

Pazeem
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pazeem on Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:27 pm

Too tired to post right now. Still here, though.

Pazeem
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pazeem on Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:38 pm

Sorry, I'm not sure where to post, if Pendwil hasn't followed the two females into the trees?

Pazeem
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningDark on Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:32 pm

I made Charmeil, so if Pendwil is still there...

BurningDark
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningDark on Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:49 pm

Apologies if the last post wasn't enough for you to counteract.

BurningDark
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pazeem on Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:43 am

It was, but please remember to tag my character in your post. I felt abandoned again, and it turned out it was me who was tardy.

Pazeem
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pazeem on Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:49 am

I don't suppose you could offer a few words of description pertaining to the elements of magic used in the game? I certainly have ideas, what they could be used for, but we may not agree, and this being your game, it is your ruling that goes.

Pazeem
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningDark on Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:25 am

Of course. Sorry, I've neglected explaining everything.

Here are all of the Elements-

Water-
The Element of Water is control over water, storms, clouds, ice, and a little bit of weather. It usually lends the user a go-with-the-flow mindset. Water users are rarely ever seen in deserts, as they depend on much more water than any other. They can speak to marine life.

Fire-
The Element of Fire is control of fire, some heat, lava, and mirages. They are usually impulsive and hot-headed, but a patient Fire-user is a true danger. Fire-proof and hate water, especially the ocean. Also can start a fire on or from anything.

Earth-
The Element of Earth is power of stone, soil, gems, and metals. Its users are usually calm and peaceful, like Forest, but they possess the strength of ten men- without training. They can tunnel through Earth just by using a small touch of magic, and can create golems from it as well. As long as they're in contact with the ground, they will heal.

Forest-
The Element of Forest oftentimes can be a side power of Earth, but it includes plants, food(Natural, such as berries and nuts- Forest users never have to eat.), and sun energy. They're calm and peaceful, but possess an unusual fighting type combining martial arts with gymnastics. They can speak to plant life.

Spirit-
The Element pertaining to the spirit world is often thought of as necromancy or dark magic. However, these names have a reason, because Spirit users are able to suck life out of anyone who cannot resist, bring back the dead, and leech off other's powers. Spirit users like to know everything they can about anything, but they're kind as long as you're on their good side. They cannot stand in direct sunlight for very long.

Life-
Sort of Spirit's opposite, having power over healing, with the same magic-leeching ability, except reversed. The Life magician's, well, life will drain away while fueling chosen magician's power. It will regenerate slowly, however. Life users can't bring back the dead, but almost any wound can be healed by them. They're very friendly and hospitable.

Dark-
Almost as infamous as Spirit magic, Dark magic gives the magician power over shadows, blindness(Heal as well as give), and invisibility. They also have a limited ability with mind control/telekinesis. Usually introverted and aloof, Dark magic users prefer limited contact with human-like life forms. Dark magicians can speak to nocturnal animals, and have night vision.

Light-
Last but certainly not least, Light is Dark's polar opposite. They hold power over light, take energy from sun rays, speak to animals(daytime ones), and can have small amounts of Charm magic, which is the ability to imbue curses or blessings into any object. Usually blessings, however, because Light users are very outgoing and kind, and don't like seeing anyone hurt. They prefer the day.

That's just my quick summary of the magic; if you want to add or take away anything feel free to tell me.

BurningDark
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nltniko on Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:48 pm

This looks really interesting. Hope ya RP haven't died out yet. Do you have a spot open ?
Fortuna favet fortibus

nltniko
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningDark on Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:07 pm

I'm back. After forever... I am very very sorry guys!

BurningDark
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pazeem on Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:16 pm

I had almost not checked this game again.
Apparantly, a good thing that I did.
Welcome back.
Let's get on with it.

Pazeem
Member for 10 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!