Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Movie Quote Game!

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Movie Quote Game!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tejas on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:43 pm

Ok, peoples! Here's what I'm gonna do. I'm starting Movie
Quotes game right here with this post. This is how it'll work. I'll post a quote from one of my favorite movies, then wait for
someone to post the name of the film. (Extra points if you can
name the actor(s) that said it.) The first person to get it right
then gets to post a quote from one of -their- faves. First one to get -that- quote right goes next, and so on and so on. Oh,
and please, no quotes containing profanity or vulgar references. Keep it clean. Ok?

Time to get the ball rollin'! Ready? Here goes!

"Who do you work for?!"
"Blockbuster Video, Des Moines, Iowa."
Xal Yah alu xuil dos.
(May God go with you)
Revelation 21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tejas
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Contributor Lifegiver Promethean

Re: Movie Quote Game!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tejas on Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:10 pm

Well, since it's been over 24 hours and no one's got the answer, I'm going to give it away, then throw out another quote. This one is from "The Man Who Knew Too Little", a 1997 action/comedy starring the great Bill Murray.

Next quote . . .

"Put a bullet to me. Bullet to the brain. Squish!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tejas
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby girlwt on Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:13 pm

That is from Serenity, River's character

Here is one...I keep seeing this movie and I sort of think its better then the first one

"Are you ready for this .... my dear brother"
"Lets do some gratuitous violence"
There is a sacredness in tears....They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition and of unspeakable love.

Washington Irving

girlwt
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightmare Lullaby on Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:51 pm

Boondock Saints...Uh the second one I believe. I'm still a little fuzzy because I watched them out of order and its been a while. Edit: and then I see your post again and facepalm because I didn't notice all of what you said. SO yes, its part two.

Connor McManus/Sean patrick Flannery
Murphy McManus/Norman Reedus

In that order.

Quote time: "We used to live and die by the rules we made. But our rules like, everything else we built... are breaking down. There's only one rule left out anyway. One rule above all. Survive"
Nightmare Lullaby
It is the sweet taste of poison on my tongue that draws forth the paralyzing fear of truth. A certainty forming in the pit of my gut and telling me how each lie is in accordance with the next. Showing me just how closely related nightmares and Lullaby's truly can be.

Nightmare Lullaby
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby girlwt on Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:13 pm

Right you are Night...

Is it okay to admit I cheated a little on this one...haha

I haven't seen this movie but it looks good

The quote is from The Colony

(you don't have to count it if you don't want to)

"Are you classified human"
"Negative, I am a meat Popsicle"

One of my all time favorite movies

girlwt
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cota on Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:45 pm

That's from The Fifth Element, between the police chief and Bruce Willis' character Korben. Great movie!

"Is this an interview or a hit?"
"Whatever man. You got any more cookies?"
“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton

Cota
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ula on Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:05 pm

That would be Michael and Violet in Violet & Daisy. :D

"I promise I'll never do it again. That's the one good thing about me. I never do the same wrong thing twice."

Ula
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tejas on Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:44 am

Oh, wow! Someone's actually playing the game! :) Been pretty busy, so I haven't had a chance to check in a long while. Wish I had though! Totally would've gotten that Fifth Element quote! :D And the Boondock Saints quote was so familiar, I should've recognized it too. Unfortunately, I have no idea what the current one is, and I'm not gonna cheat. I'll just have to wait for one I know. :) Carry on, good friends! Carry on!

Tejas
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!