Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Of Chrome, Steel, and Oil

a part of “Of Chrome, Steel, and Oil”, a fictional universe by Royalburden.

Your father and his father before you are survivors of the Great Fall. Make your way in the land of metal and oil, but beware what lurks in the ruins.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Of Chrome, Steel, and Oil”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Royalburden on Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:47 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Of Chrome, Steel, and Oil"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Royalburden
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Of Chrome, Steel, and Oil

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Lonesome Butterfly~ on Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:43 pm

Oh dear...this sounds rather awesome!! :O :O
Do you plan on using Real pics!!!?? Or Anime pics?? I know a lot of people say it doesn't matter but usually the GM has a preference for each RP...*curious* :D
*~*~*~*~ My Persistent Friend ~*~*~*

"Suicide doesn't take away the pain, it just gives it to someone else." --->>*HELP*
"ėžė‚´ė€ ęŗ í†ĩė„ ė—†ė• ėŖŧė§€ ė•ŠëŠ”다. 단ė§€ 다ëĨ¸ ė‚Ŧ람ė—ę˛Œ ęŗ í†ĩė„ ė „ę°€ ė‹œí‚Ŧ ëŋė´ė§€." --->>*도ė›€*

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

~Lonesome Butterfly~
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver Visual Appeal World Builder Group Theory Arc Warden Property Buyer Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gamer_Templar on Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:47 am

I'll call dibs on the cybernetics expert, Royal. ^^

Gamer_Templar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:59 am

Still reading things, but on the off-chance that something is going to be ninja'd I'll mention that I'm planning to make a character for the vehicular mechanic spot. x)
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BDMystic on Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:01 pm

I'd like to call on one of the scout roles, if at all possible
Illegitimi non Carborundum

BDMystic
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:58 pm

I'd like to reserve the cook position if possible.
I'm not saying the voices are real, I'm saying they have some good ideas.

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Group Theory Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Royalburden on Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:50 pm

Holy wow batman.
SO

Um

HEY! I want to welcome you people to my RP and I also want to apologise on something I may have screwed up. ALSO I want to ask something of all of you regarding the Cybernetic addons, and also Group history. YAY 8D

FIRST THINGS FIRST!
The screw up. Mystic! I apologize for taking so long to accept your character but I had the nagging feeling that I had reserved that last scout position before you had come along. I couldn't remember to whom. Now Waterboyr has sent me a message saying it was him. I'd like to work things out with the two of you to settle who gets the scout position and think about another position that the other can take. I want to make sure we do this in as fair a way as possible so if you'd both state something here let me know what you guys think I will brainstorm on new positions to add.

Cybernetic addons:
Ok now, looking through all the applications so far I've been seeing Alooooot of prosthetics going on, frankly I'm not sure how I feel about them all. I'm torn 2 seperate ways. First way is that this is a post apocolyptic world here. Not only is a hygenic operation hard to come by on its own, supplies are in short supply. Not everyone can have fancy gadgets in their bodies. At the same time I want to encourage addons to be as wildly original as possible as well as useful. I'm getting a little exhausted of the usual "Limb got amputated" story. A few of you will need to change it up some. Maybe have a marksman's eye or.....something I don't know. OR save your limbs for a tragic disaster to happen DURING the roleplay. A little impromptu operation would be fun not to mention the hassle of finding the parts to fix up a wounded group member. I love the characters you guys are coming up with, honestly but open your minds to the future of the roleplay as well as the past. We will be encountering all sorts of crazed and high powered enemies. Let the doctors sew you up OR gadget you up. Scars are just as neat as addons :3

NOW I'd like each and every one of you to think on your histories. Where did your character start out because I will be making the rounds to fit your character in with the group storyline.

So far I personally have established Jack's amputee emergency to be part of the Group storyline.

The Cybernetics officer is going to need to pop in sometime before that, let's see if we can fit this together like a puzzle, alright? Who comes first with the Captain and who appears last as the untested member with a yet mysterious past :3

Royalburden
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:59 pm

I'm willing to loose the cyber hand and figure out something more original. Not sure how you want to work his story in, though.

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Group Theory Tipworthy Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ky-Lin on Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:51 am

Sorry for taking so long to finish mine, I'll finish editing tomorrow when I finish this shift

Ky-Lin
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Royalburden on Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:50 am

Thank you Ky.

I need everyone to finish their rp characters as soon as possible I want to rp this week, get this thing going :3

Royalburden
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BDMystic on Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:00 pm

If the scout position was promised to someone else, I have no problem re-assigning my character.
I'll finish him after work tonight.

Perhaps a role as the Convoy's security detail. He'd be the guy responible for keeping the convoy safe during transit, as well as keeping the perimeter secure when the convoy is stopped.
Would that be alright to do, Royal?

BDMystic
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Royalburden on Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:57 pm

That sounds like an excellent idea.

If we get any more people I think we'll start filling in roles such as this. Foot soldiers and security keeping eyes on the perimeters as well as taking the majority of night watch duties.

Royalburden
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BDMystic on Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:58 am

Since my guy is the convoy's security detail, would it be alright if I rode in someone else's vehicle?
I was picturing a vehicle-mounted machine gun of some sort.

*EDIT*

I revamped my character to be one of the scouts, and the vehicle situation is resolved.

BDMystic
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Royalburden on Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:30 am

I apologise for all the inconveniences you lot ;-;
My goal is to start this weekend. All you who need to finish up. Finish up now. That would be much appreciated.

Royalburden
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:32 pm

Yea!! It's finally up and going, I've been looking forward to this one.

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BDMystic on Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:49 pm

Sorry about the late post, one of the perks about working evenings.

BDMystic
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Royalburden on Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:33 pm

Alright you lot!
New rule since I've noticed that a few have been lagging a bit behind on posts.
1-2 posts a day. No more no less.
This goes for everyone in all situations.
I dislike doing this but I dislike loosing people in mountains posts more.

Royalburden
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SugarNspikeS on Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:02 pm

I might lag tonight, but I'm out celebrating my birthday early tonight.

SugarNspikeS
Scholar
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Royalburden on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:49 am

Heeeeey People in the tunnels need to post.
Where are you guys, don't leave me hanging here.

Royalburden
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Royalburden on Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:45 pm

BDMystic and Zen, you guys seriously need to get on posting it's been weeks! Come on!

Royalburden
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!