Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

TF2: Speeding Bullets

a part of “TF2: Speeding Bullets”, a fictional universe by Rabidness.

Well, RED and BLU need to work together now. Just don't kill each other!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “TF2: Speeding Bullets”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rabidness on Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:34 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "TF2: Speeding Bullets"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rabidness
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: TF2: Speeding Bullets

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:21 pm

Yo! Got my eye on the RED Scout. OMFGHATSYAY

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CutUp
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:21 pm

A hat-based roleplay?! OMFGHATSYAY!

Hmm, there was a roleplay like this that I saw before and I regret not creating a character, but unfortunately, it didn't gain so much interest. If this one does, perhaps I'll join in as well. Demoman, Engineer and Medic roles are certainly ones I'm interested in, but I really wouldn't mind playing anything else, be it Pyro, Soldier or whatever.

So, I'm assuming almost all weapons are available. I think if this is going to be an MVM based roleplay, we should keep everything in theme with the MVM updates. That means that in the beginning, we'll have MVM as it was when it was first released, then later on when we introduce Bigrock, we'll also introduce the Engineer's new Rescue Ranger, the Demo's Loose Cannon, the Medic's Vaccinator and the Mecha Engineer. Some time after that, of course, would be Two Cities, where we'd introduce Rottenburg and Mannhattan. At the same time, of course, the new Medic features (along with the Soldier upgrade) would be introduced, such as the projectile shield and revival feature. I think that's fair, considering that wont be until much later on in the roleplay.

Also, keeping in line with this idea, it'd make sense if the weapons from Love and War aren't included as available weapons, just to make the idea of this progression more clear. I think, however, that any weapons that have been updated since MVM's release (such as the Housekeeping and Smismas updates, e.g. Loose Cannon, Short Circuit, etc.) should retain those updates in this roleplay, as those updates are kind of like retcons.

Well, its your roleplay anyway, so you make the decisions. I'm just saying that these would be most logical. I'd like to see an MVM roleplay up and running successfully.

By the way, if these two teams have spent a bunch of time killing each other and there's no respawn, then, what's the deal? I mean, I suppose if there are many combatants, then these particular mercenaries on opposite sides probably haven't met each other before, if they haven't killed each other already.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rabidness on Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:35 pm

@CutUp, reserved!

@Lloyd999, I remember you! I tried to join the roleplay, but no one else did. I mean, other than the GM.

Anyway, I'll have everyone start with the basic default starter weapons, and later on, get new weapons. It'll be assumed that Hale sold the weapons the mercs used to own. And it will progress with updates, except with updated guns. Also, I haven't played any TF2, but I love a lot of aspects of the game itself. And since I have internet, I can easily search up statistics and updates for guns. Sorry for my limited knowledge, I just love the story and wanted to make a roleplay out of it. Also, I wouldn't be including the weapons that aren't updates for MvM.

The reason the 9(well, 18 including the other team) mercs can't respawn, is because I didn't want some NPR (Non Playable Robot) killing a character over, and over, and over again. It gets really annoying quickly with all roleplays I've seen that have an un-die system. So really, it's partly because I don't want people to get annoyed and leave the RP. And I wanted to force people to work together even though the characters seem to hate each other. That is why they can't respawn. Later in the game it may be changed, because I think there was a respawning update thingy for Medic in MvM.

Rabidness
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:04 am

Ah, you don't play TF2? I mean, its free to play and all, fun as hell too. Although, I'm wondering if anybody truly plays it because they like the storyline. I mean, that's the reason I play most video games, but TF2 I only play cuz its actually fun.

Yeah, Medics can revive fallen players. Players will drop these big packs which will display holograms which the Medic can place his heal beam on to magically revive a person with full health. Its probably best and most accurately illustrated in the TF2 promotional video "The Sound of Medicine" (which is on youtube) which also illustrates the projectile shield. Either way, I think that's all fair enough. The idea that all players begin with stock weapons in the beginning? On one hand, I think that's fair as characters slowly progress and get more experienced at defending against the robots and gain more money and can spend them on new weapons just as they would spend them on upgrades, thus allowing a wide range of weapon loadouts to be explored by the players, especially if you, the GM, decide to turn this weapon buying system into something similar to the random drop system, where when a player decides to buy a weapon (however expensive you decide that will be, maybe somewhere between $1000-$3000) you choose a weapon at random that they receive.

On the other hand, allowing players to use whatever weapons they please also has its own spirit to it that resembles how MVM was played. Back when it was released, everybody was new to the gamemode and no real metas had been established, so everybody would be trying out all kinds of different loadouts and strategies and trying to establish metas. The Engineer would be using the Frontier Justice as had difficulty being able to save his sentries from the Sentry Busters, Soldiers would try out all kinds of launchers and buffs, Pyros wouldn't have learned to airblast enemies into pits so they would use the Phlogistinator or Backburner, Spies and Snipers would have difficulty fighting and Medics were a luxury as opposed to a requirement. It was just something new at the time and the players would be trying out their old strategies on the gamemode and develop new ones as they discovered weaknesses and explored possibilities with other weapons.

Though, I will admit this is still fully possible with the system I spoke of above, so if you decide to start everybody with stock, then that's perfectly fine. I personally like the idea of the random item buying system, and thus a very strict money system should be implemented into the roleplay. Every wave should provide a maximum of a certain amount of money and everybody gains the same amount of money regardless of who collects it. The exact quantities and type of robots that appear in each wave should also be clearly defined at the beginning of each wave, along with the maximum amount of money to be collected. Upgrades should have the same costs as they ordinarily would in the game (and for simplicity's sake, lets give Medic the updated Overheal and Heal Mastery upgrades he gets in Two Cities as upgrading the different aspects of healing and overhealing separately was just way to tedious) and upgrades should probably be preserved between events. Perhaps upgrades should have some sort of realism to them, such as Reload Speed upgrades might had some sort of autoloading device onto the guns or Regeneration and Resistance upgrades should perhaps inject a class with some sort of special serum, and so on. One question I have is if Power Canteens will be available. I'd imagine uber canteens would be consumed and make a player shortly invunerable, while crit canteens supplies directly to a weapon, along with clip/ammo refill canteens. Building upgrade canteens probably send a signal to placed buildings that somehow automatically upgrades them while teleport to spawn upgrades probably work similarly to the Eureka Effect. Of course, with how the Medic can share power-ups with other classes with an upgrade, the canteen probably supplies directly to the healing supply.

I think one thing I'll suggest to you, who doesn't play the game, is to certainly watch a lot of videos. As you probably know, there are plenty of promotional TF2 videos, 10 centering around the classes as the Meet the Team videos and about four (I believe) other promotional ones, two based on MVM. Yet, with the release of Source Filmmaker, there's all kinds of fanmade TF2 videos out there, many of which with what looks like impressive or at the very least decent animation skill (SFM tends to make even lazier works look professional, although it still requires a lot of skill to animate with it) and many of which are great for giving a visualization of TF2.

Also, on an unrelated note, I'm assuming you'll be playing Miss Pauling? She's definitely an essential character.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rabidness on Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:00 pm

Yeah, I haven't found time to play it in between roleplaying and starting high school. I've heard it's fun, but honestly, I suck at FPS. So usually, I sit back and search YouTube for videos about it.

Those are some good suggestions. I especially like the upgrade suggestions, with the realism. There will be canteens. I will have a money system implemented into the RP soon(ish), probably as an OOC post that will be updated with the game.

I have watched a few videos made using SFM, plus the majority of the official videos. Those are another reason I want to play TF2. In the roleplay, I will be playing Ms. Pauling.

Rabidness
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lloyd999 on Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:12 pm

Well, I think I'll reserve a role as the Red Medic. The Medic's truly a heartless lunatic at heart and his eccentric nature makes him all the more interesting. Maybe I'll reserve Blu Engineer afterward, especially considering I main Engineer anyway.

Lloyd999
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rabidness on Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:13 pm

Reserved! Well, I got two (Not including myself) people interested! Yay!

Rabidness
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:53 am

I'm gonna have to back out. I'm extremely sorry.

CutUp
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rabidness on Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:16 am

@CupUp Removed you from the list. Nothing to be sorry about.

Rabidness
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!