Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Morningside Bioweapon Research Facility

a part of “Morningside Bioweapon Research Facility”, a fictional universe by VitaminHeart.

In a facility founded to create super-soldier projects, there was always bound to be some degree of violence...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Morningside Bioweapon Research Facility”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:18 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Morningside Bioweapon Research Facility"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me Vit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Re: Morningside Bioweapon Research Facility

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screwface Romeo on Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:39 pm

Hrm, this could be interesting...

What kind of limits are we looking at in terms of mutations and abilities?

Nice Mass Effect reference, by the way.
Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything! | Gun-Toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes | NationStates's resident AR-18 fanatic and bayonet-hater | STOP! Before you call a magazine a clip, think of the children!

I probably like Quarians a bit more than I should. ShepxTali 4lyf3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Screwface Romeo
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:58 pm

I was wondering how long it would take people to get my reference! 8D

I've not placed any 'hard limits' on powers, but I think people should work on a basis of: The more powerful the ability, the more difficult it would be to 'create' and the more flaws are likely to pop up in the process, and that you are still talking about living things that will have limits in way of energy and how much they can do.

In the sense of 'weirdness' factor, I'm happy to see odd stuff, but I'd prefer nothing too 'animal' in a sense that it cannot meaningfully interact with the other characters because...well that's be difficult to include in most of the RP.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Beta Tester Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:16 pm

Wow, this looks really cool! If it's alright, I'm going to hang around for a little bit before I decide to make a character or not, get a feel for what's up. And even if I don't decide to make a character, I'll probably stick around and watch events unfold; this game looks very promising.
slcam plz

pieluver
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Storyteller Recruiter Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LonelyGhost on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:24 pm

This looks pretty cool! I'll probably wait till a character or two are up to get a better feel for whats allowed.
"So pick your path, pick your pill, pick your poison man.
Pick your passion pick your casket 'cause it's all the same" Betrayal by Boondox

LonelyGhost
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screwface Romeo on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:36 pm

VitaminHeart wrote:I was wondering how long it would take people to get my reference! 8D

I've not placed any 'hard limits' on powers, but I think people should work on a basis of: The more powerful the ability, the more difficult it would be to 'create' and the more flaws are likely to pop up in the process, and that you are still talking about living things that will have limits in way of energy and how much they can do.

In the sense of 'weirdness' factor, I'm happy to see odd stuff, but I'd prefer nothing too 'animal' in a sense that it cannot meaningfully interact with the other characters because...well that's be difficult to include in most of the RP.

Angry Drunken Mass Effect is like, the majority of my evenings. :P

Would serious psychological flaws service as a suffient offset to physical ability? For example, a character with exceptional reflexes and a regeneration factor, but seriously fucked up in the head and unable to function in normal society.

I agree with you there. Full disclosure, I'm going to be seriously disappointed if I see overused shit like catgirls show up. Jesus Christ people, be original.

Screwface Romeo
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:53 pm

Welcome aboard both of you, pieluver and LonelyGhost! I should be uploading the first character of mine, and experiment this evening assuming I can beat sleep in order to finish it. That should give you some idea of things.

=)

Screwface Romeo wrote:Would serious psychological flaws service as a sufficient offset to physical ability? For example, a character with exceptional reflexes and a regeneration factor, but seriously fucked up in the head and unable to function in normal society.

I agree with you there. Full disclosure, I'm going to be seriously disappointed if I see overused shit like catgirls show up. Jesus Christ people, be original.

Yeah, I'd consider that to be sufficient, as I think in something like this it'd be almost inevitable that some subjects would end up with some psychological issues.

And yeah I would kinda want to avoid that, not necessarily because I have anything against the 'cat girl' phenomenon but more because...welll...if you were wanting to spend millions on supersoldiers would you really give the contract to Paragon Inc. to supply you with kawaii neko desu nyan troopers?

I mean, all the experiments are done with a practical implication in mind, either as a model for a supersoldier, or towards the development of that model, so any mutations should have that in mind, as a company isn't going to make stuff just because they think it'd be cute.

Some mutations may be a bit of an accident, so I could understand some not necessarily useful traits being adopted, like for instance my character has no hair pigment so appears to have grey hair, however these'd have to be either fairly minor or related to the actual alterations, not
'Well they wanted to make him super fast and that happened but he's also got a wolf tail now. Science!'

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screwface Romeo on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:59 pm

VitaminHeart wrote:Welcome aboard both of you, pieluver and LonelyGhost! I should be uploading the first character of mine, and experiment this evening assuming I can beat sleep in order to finish it. That should give you some idea of things.

=)

Screwface Romeo wrote:Would serious psychological flaws service as a sufficient offset to physical ability? For example, a character with exceptional reflexes and a regeneration factor, but seriously fucked up in the head and unable to function in normal society.

Yeah, I'd consider that to be sufficient, as I think in something like this it'd be almost inevitable that some subjects would end up with some psychological issues.

And yeah I would kinda want to avoid that, not necessarily because I have anything against the 'cat girl' phenomenon but more because...welll...if you were wanting to spend millions on supersoldiers would you really give the contract to Paragon Inc. to supply you with kawaii neko desu nyan troopers?

I mean, all the experiments are done with a practical implication in mind, either as a model for a supersoldier, or towards the development of that model, so any mutations should have that in mind, as a company isn't going to make stuff just because they think it'd be cute.

Some mutations may be a bit of an accident, so I could understand some not necessarily useful traits being adopted, like for instance my character has no hair pigment so appears to have grey hair, however these'd have to be either fairly minor or related to the actual alterations, not
'Well they wanted to make him super fast and that happened but he's also got a wolf tail now. Science!'

I have an unhealthy love affair with sociopaths, villains, and the chaotic evil trope.

Exactly. Not to mention, humans are made uncomfortable by things that are different. There's a reason we're always trying to design robots that look as much like us as possible.

Screwface Romeo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cheshire_Girl on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:35 pm

This seems like so much fun and I would love to join, however I have a few questions.

1. Age wise, how old would you prefer them to be? I have a great FC for this, however she is young. Are they born older, or do they start out as infants?

2. If they are on a lower level, is there potential for them to move up to the upper levels based on behavior; or is it a one time test that leaves no room for improvement?

3. How do you go about interactions between staff and mutant? Obviously there will be precautions, but to what extent?

Cheshire_Girl
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Addrinvan on Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:49 pm

Hey, I threw a character your way. Hope you like him.
It's okay to eat fish because they don't have any feelings.

Addrinvan
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:02 am

Cheshire_Girl wrote:This seems like so much fun and I would love to join, however I have a few questions.

1. Age wise, how old would you prefer them to be? I have a great FC for this, however she is young. Are they born older, or do they start out as infants?

2. If they are on a lower level, is there potential for them to move up to the upper levels based on behavior; or is it a one time test that leaves no room for improvement?

3. How do you go about interactions between staff and mutant? Obviously there will be precautions, but to what extent?

Got work soon but I'll try and answer things to some degree.

1) I'm thinking the 'age' category may be altered to be 'apparent' age as some subjects may have been created to resemble adults and yet be considerably younger than they would appear.

2)Yes, as shown in my profile, it is possible to be moved up if a subject passes all criteria, however it's generally not supposed to be used as a punishment or a stop gap, so, subjects being moved up or down is a fairly notable happening, like, significant enough that people would be talking about it.

3) It widely depends on the subject, their level of trustworthyness, and their individual demeanour. Rei, for example, has been on fairly casual terms with most staff up until a certain incident with an air vent.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EvoPrime on Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:26 pm

Hello there! Just about to go submit a character, but a quick question:

Are we allowed to have multiple characters? I would like both a doctor type character and a security officer.
No.

EvoPrime
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:59 pm

Multiples are completely welcome, I have about three characters under construction currently, and may end up with others to fill needed roles. =)

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby moahi on Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:45 am

So, I made a character in the lower floors to balance it out. I've always being toying with the idea of using that face claim and this seems like the perfect opportunity! I hope you like him, and please pm me if he has any problems.

Photoshop edit no. one. Thanks so much Xera!

moahi
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screwface Romeo on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:12 am

Hokay, so I've thrown up a character. May run another. Do you have any plans for the facility's chief of security?

Also, I, err, may have taken some liberties in describing some of the security arrangements. Let me know if I'm breaking your cannon, and I'll edit accordingly.

Screwface Romeo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SaiZebra on Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:37 pm

Would it be okay to create a character? An experiment?

I would have her up within a day or two. EDIT: I meant in a few hours lol.

SaiZebra
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:18 am

All approved! Welcome aboard!

(Sorry it's taken a while, site appeared to have been eating itself yesterday and I've had some work on, so got a little behind.)

No specific plans for chief of security as-is. Only staff we got so far is Dr K., who, while being a bit of a hardass, is very much in the research section. Feel free to make a bit up regarding security as I'm not that au fait regarding weaponry. Generally speaking I think guards will try and use non-lethal equipment where possible, but it seems your experiment was capable of taking the hits from stronger stuff, so it could easily have been authorized.

I may add another staff member, possibly in a sort of porter/orderly capacity, so we have a distribution.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Screwface Romeo on Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:59 pm

VitaminHeart wrote:All approved! Welcome aboard!

(Sorry it's taken a while, site appeared to have been eating itself yesterday and I've had some work on, so got a little behind.)

No specific plans for chief of security as-is. Only staff we got so far is Dr K., who, while being a bit of a hardass, is very much in the research section. Feel free to make a bit up regarding security as I'm not that au fait regarding weaponry. Generally speaking I think guards will try and use non-lethal equipment where possible, but it seems your experiment was capable of taking the hits from stronger stuff, so it could easily have been authorized.

I may add another staff member, possibly in a sort of porter/orderly capacity, so we have a distribution.

I'm thinking a PMC (Private Military Contractor) group hired by the reaserch division to train combat oriented subjects and maintain security, since this sounds like the right kind of thing for this type of dystopia.

Given the year, I'm going to go with PEP (pulse energy projectile) stunners, basically, it uses a medium intensity laser to create a small burst of ionized plasma by ablating a few molecules off the target, causing intense neurofeedback and a small, nasty, but relatively harmless burn that will have the vast majority of experiments on the ground trying to remember what their legs are. Today's models are the size of a small truck, but I'm thinking that 70 years of development should be more than enough to produce a handheld model. Of course, if you're dealing with a subject that can consciously control their own neurofeedback, it's pretty much worthless. And especially with Leon, because basically in order to put him down you either need to blast chunks of flesh off of him faster than he can regenerate, or destroy the majority of his brain. Which basically restricts you to automatic shotguns or belt fed machine guns if you actually want to do anything.

Screwface Romeo
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VitaminHeart on Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:33 pm

Screwface Romeo wrote:
VitaminHeart wrote:All approved! Welcome aboard!

I'm thinking a PMC (Private Military Contractor) group hired by the reaserch division to train combat oriented subjects and maintain security, since this sounds like the right kind of thing for this type of dystopia.

Given the year, I'm going to go with PEP (pulse energy projectile) stunners, basically, it uses a medium intensity laser to create a small burst of ionized plasma by ablating a few molecules off the target, causing intense neurofeedback and a small, nasty, but relatively harmless burn that will have the vast majority of experiments on the ground trying to remember what their legs are. Today's models are the size of a small truck, but I'm thinking that 70 years of development should be more than enough to produce a handheld model. Of course, if you're dealing with a subject that can consciously control their own neurofeedback, it's pretty much worthless. And especially with Leon, because basically in order to put him down you either need to blast chunks of flesh off of him faster than he can regenerate, or destroy the majority of his brain. Which basically restricts you to automatic shotguns or belt fed machine guns if you actually want to do anything.

Yeah, a PMC sounds about right for the setting. Paragon, being a huge weapons manufacturer, would probably have connections.

And yeah, that seems like a reasonable stunning method for the majority of the population, and they would most likely have individual plans written up for different projects going rogue anyway.

VitaminHeart
Scholar
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:43 pm

So, question time with Pie. I've got three:

Ein: Are we allowed to start posting?
Zwei: Along with that, I'm a little confused about Rei's current location...
Drei: Also, what are the lowers' restrictions? They're obviously not allowed to be out and about on their own, do they get put back in their rooms when they're not eating/bathing/urinating/ect, or are there other places for them that they can go under supervision?

(Also, this site is still undergoing spasmodic attacks of errors, I don't know about anyone else, but I can only get on one in every three attempts. So there's that. Are we switching servers again, or is the user load just above the capacity of the site? Anyone know?)

pieluver
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Storyteller Recruiter Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver Person of Interest

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!