Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

No Haven

No Haven

a part of “No Haven”, a fictional universe by Messiah.

A continuation of the Haven (Live Together or Die Alone) storyline, focusing on the development of characters in a zombie apocalypse after the fall of their homes.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “No Haven”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: No Haven

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:16 pm

Faith has drawn first blood with her post, and I'm not far behind her. Go on and check it out when you get a chance!

EDIT: Both posts are up, and I've just updated mine to reflect more accurately on information, particularly regarding the location of the truck.
Check out Eastbound, a zombie apocalypse story I'm writing on my own.

I may actually get back to this, now that I'm here again. Stay tuned!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Messiah
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:20 pm

I will have a post up tomorrow. I have finally stopped throwing up and need to catch up on a few things before I can get to this post. If you guys want to go ahead with another post feel free. I am going to have Allison running and then eventually walking down a road. I will make her placement fit whatever you guys get down.

Sorry for the slow start on my end, being sick sucks. I work with kids and sadly I seem to get all the 'fun' illnesses....

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faith Fanon on Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:43 am

Love it, Skulls. Well done on battling through.

I think we've got four very good, different but complementary posts. All-action from Messiah, pastoral calm from Hoodie, sheer panic from Skulls and, I don't know, something more flashbacky from me.

Faith Fanon
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:31 pm

Thanks! I look forward to more posts and some collaborations.

Good starting posts all around, very enjoyable reads :)

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Contributor Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:55 am

Apologies for the delay. Faith and I are currently working on a collab post, hopefully bridging up our eventual meet-ups a little bit better. My brain's just been a little... uncooperative the last few days, and most of our upcoming post is Faith's work. Hoodie, I've already spoken with you regarding your character meeting up with ours, but I wanted to ask Skulls for her input.

So, Skulls... How did you see the meeting proceeding for your character? Obviously, you're going to have to see our next post to judge better, but I was curious how you felt at this moment in time. I know you said you were going to fit it in to what we wrote, but I wanted to get your thoughts.

In the meantime, have this. It's become massively popular in the last week or two, and most people either love it or hate it. Decide for yourself! That is, if you haven't seen it already.

(I happen to be more in the "love it" crowd.)

http://youtu.be/QrGrOK8oZG8

Messiah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black Hoodie on Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:37 am

Sssaall good, I've been pretty busy with work myself. Long hours now :p
I was formed in the shadows, in the void faster than light. Sheathed in darkness, the world expands, and I feel at home in a mystical place. When I close my eyes, and the void envelops me, I can fly, I can breathe in water and vacuum, I can change my shape and go anywhere I please, anytime I want. No information escapes me, for there was none to fall away in the first place; there is only peace.

Black Hoodie
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:09 pm

Figured a collab was in the works :)

I was thinking they could either come upon her on the road or at whatever location they happen to all arrive at.

Really all I see at this moment is she is going to be scared, slightly freaked out and clinging to her backpack loaded with first aid supplies. She is going to be wary of people for fear they might kill her for what she has and she will likely lie about what is in there at first. She knows that the supplies are more valuable than a mouth to feed.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:08 pm

Our post is up. Like I said before and in the post itself, Faith did most of the work.

Skulls, it's possible that Allison and the remaining Havenites are familiar with each other, even if it's just a little bit. There were intersecting missions between the two groups, so it's a possibility.

Messiah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faith Fanon on Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:36 pm

Messiah's just being a gent. I don't care about word counts.

Plus, his bit is main the soul of the piece.

Faith Fanon
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:07 pm

True but Allison might not have run into them. She might be less worried once she finds out where they are from but until then fear and wariness are her friend.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:03 pm

However you want to do it, I'm okay with, Skulls. We can talk about it more when we're working on the post where she meets the others.

Faith Fanon wrote:Messiah's just being a gent.

Eh. I guess. I just don't want to take credit for too much of it when it was someone else (you, in this case) that wrote probably 2/3 to 3/4 of it.

Faith Fanon wrote:Plus, his bit is main the soul of the piece.

Maybe so, but it was still relatively complete without that piece (the dream sequence). I just got sudden inspiration for it last night, listening to a song. If not for that then that piece probably wouldn't even be in there.

Once everyone has gotten a chance to read it, I'd like to hear your thoughts, particularly where we go from here. I believe the next plot-advancing post will be the Havenites coming across Shannon, which will probably be another collab. And then they come across Allison, which could also be another collab. But, also, if either of you wanted to do additional solo posts between now and then, you're welcome to. I just want to hear what you all think.

Messiah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:49 pm

I will have a post up for Ally tomorrow now that the site seems to be working again. I am going to have her walking on along the road, sleeping very little, etc.

They can come upon her whenever or she upon them however it works.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:32 am

Nice work, Skulls. Hopefully, we can get another post up and running pretty soon with Faith, Hoodie, and myself. The site's been a little fickle lately, I know, but we need not let that get us derailed.

In other news, I have way too many ideas for stories floating around in my head and not enough time nor am I ever really certain how to go about it; whether I should write them on my own, make it a roleplay, or just a simple collaboration.

Ah, the curse of a creative mind such as mine...

Messiah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Black Hoodie on Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:00 pm

Oh my goodness! And here I thought I'd be cursed for the rest of my days!

I haven't even had time to think of this site for the past week, but I'll have some time tomorrow evening to get something done. At least, I hope so.

Black Hoodie
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faith Fanon on Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:51 am

Come on fam, we can do it.

Maybe we need a plotting session, give us something to aim at.

Faith Fanon
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:55 pm

I am up to collab and plotting ahead. I can't post as I was the last one to but willing to chat about where to go from here. Sorry for the silence here. I am at the end of classes for this term so working on wrapping up reports and planning presentation for parents.

As a bonus I got pink eye and now tonsillitis.

So yeah other people's kids are awesome....

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Messiah on Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:18 am

We should get up and going again here soon. Should I set up a group WritePad for all of us to make it easier?

Messiah
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkullsandSlippers on Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:13 pm

Writepad keeps going down..google doc?

I am open to either.

SkullsandSlippers
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Northgaze on Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:35 pm

Well, hello...Gosh it's been quite a while. Post Christmas boredom called me here just today and I'm glad that it did. Too bad it wasn't sooner like early November. Lol.

Anyway, I think it's great that Haven will continue on and I see some familiar peeps and chars here! Awesome. Think there might be a spot for Luca still at this party? =)

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Northgaze
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faith Fanon on Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:45 pm

Hey Northgaze,

You never know. I think we're still waiting on Hoodie. Let's see what happens when everyone's in their right mind after the holidays.

Faith Fanon
Member for 11 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!