Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Far From Home: REBOOT

Far From Home: REBOOT

a part of “Far From Home: REBOOT”, a fictional universe by _wICKed_.

Three people wake up to find themselves in the mysterious land of Quies, a world looking straight from a story book. The three must work with the locals to try and find their way home. Their best shot? The River of Worlds.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Far From Home: REBOOT”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Far From Home: REBOOT

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AdmireAtStuff on Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:12 pm

And here am I, often worrying if I manage to write enough in the post or in the character sheet and failing to do it more than once. :D

Although sometimes I also find myself writing too much. In those moments I try to keep only the most important information, thus attempting to write a lot with few words.

In case your word count for posts is four digits, sacrifice something that doesn't move the plot forwards or doesn't give food for thought for the other authors.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AdmireAtStuff
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningDark on Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:52 pm

Finished my character... He's dark. And so very sad. I love him.

Look forward to roleplaying with you guys!

{Have a nice day!}

-BurningDark

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BurningDark
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby _wICKed_ on Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:25 pm

Thankyou!

So now we're just waiting on Ascendi... I'll shoot them a PM today and see whats up.

It's nice to see that you guys are all being so kind to eachother. I've noticed that in some roleplays the players don't really communicate with eachother, so I really like this!

Hopefully we can get started either tomorrow or Wednesday.

_wICKed_
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:49 pm

YAAYY!!! ASDFghjkl I'm so excited. This will be AMAZING! (I hope we start tomorrow...haha) It's true though. Having players that get along goes a long way into making it fun for everybody and ensuring the RP doesn't die prematurely.

Also, Admire. That's really good advice O: I was a poet before I started writing narratives so my stories tend to have too much fluff >.< You're right though. We gotta learn when to stop haha. Then again, writing too little is bad too.

Layla
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby afreerobin on Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:56 pm

Oh boy. I hope this one survives.
Remember, bad times are just times that are bad.

afreerobin
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AdmireAtStuff on Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:29 am

I can't wait for this to start either and also hope for its survival! I really want to see how will everyone interact! I bet most of you have seen the death of so many great role plays, let's not let this one die! If something goes wrong, we'll communicate and think of a solution, right? What should we do in case a character is already vital to the plot moving forwards and would leave people hanging, but their author isn't coming back to the role play (or even the site) ever again for whatever reason?

Also, will the Dreamers start regaining their memories trough the course of the story?

And I'm glad I was useful, Layla. :)

AdmireAtStuff
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby _wICKed_ on Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:42 pm

I certainly hope we would! If something like that happens, someone else could take over the character or we could discuss what to do with them. I don't really want any of the characters to become too too important, but it'd definitely suck if one of you guys disappeared on us ;_;

And of course, yeah! We'll sort of be travelling through all the places listed in Quies (like the Tall Twelve Towers, Wickerbattle, Gaunt Home, etc) in order to get to the River of Worlds, and I'm thinking that while the characters go through Wickerbattle they'll begin remembering.

Also, I hate to do this but Ascendi hasn't been on for a few days and also hasn't sent in a WIP yet. I'd like to roleplay to start soon, so I'm gonna put their role up for grabs. If anyone would like to play as the Truth-Teller please let me know.

_wICKed_
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AdmireAtStuff on Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:40 am

May I reserve the Truth Teller?

AdmireAtStuff
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby _wICKed_ on Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:51 am

Of course!

I also have to update the main page ._. I'll do that when I get home from school.

_wICKed_
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AdmireAtStuff on Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:48 am

Is it a problem if we start before I submit the Truth Teller?

AdmireAtStuff
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyx on Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:18 pm

Is there any way I could get a spot in this role play? If not that's fine, but I thought it was worth the ask.

Lyx
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AdmireAtStuff on Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:44 pm

I can give up on the reservation for the Truth Teller and give it to you if you want and if the GM agrees

AdmireAtStuff
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyx on Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:01 pm

If it would work out I would appreciate that, AdmireAtStuff. Oh, and my favorite book is The Worth of a Shell by M.C.A. Hogarth and my favorite character is... hmmm. Well, one of my favorites is Thenet from The Worth of a Shell, I guess.

Lyx
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:34 pm

Yay!!! I can't wait for you to join us, Lyx! I totally did not stalk Chyr but I like you already.

Start start start ppplleeaaassee.

Layla
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby _wICKed_ on Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:56 pm

Yeesss Lyx you can absolutely have the Truth-Teller. Thankyou!

We'll start tomorrow!

_wICKed_
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby _wICKed_ on Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:52 pm

The first post is very long I'm sorry ;_; feel free to start posting, though

_wICKed_
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:42 pm

Posted as well. I did a sort of "how she got here" segment to explain a few things, hence why I just set it in "Quies," since it wasn't ALL in Sheepish. Hope I didn't bore you!

Feyblue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby afreerobin on Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:10 pm

*coughs* Imma go ahead and post.....kay.

afreerobin
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Layla on Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:01 am

OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH IT'S BEGUN!!! I'm so excited and never apologise for a long post, Wicked! I love reading what you lot have to say. I'll get to Rui's ASAP!

Layla
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lyx on Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:39 pm

Sorry I have been taking so long to get my character done. I have been really busy. I will be able to work on him tonight hopefully.

Lyx
Member for 10 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!