Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Chosen Few: The Broken Order

The Chosen Few "General Discussion"

a part of “The Chosen Few: The Broken Order”, a fictional universe by RPG Junkie.

A kingdom divided by war, a future of darkness and uncertainty looming ahead, and the only hope for remaining for such a chaotic world rests in the hands of a broken order. You are a Watcher, and it is up to you to save Calaris.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Chosen Few: The Broken Order”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Chosen Few "General Discussion"

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPG Junkie on Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:36 pm

Hey guys. Im loving the your enthusiasm and I of course want to keep this thing moving as fast as possible, but I want to give everyone a chance to post. Try to wait until everyone has posted before you continue, thanks!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RPG Junkie
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPG Junkie on Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:03 pm

I dont want things to get stale in this dungeon so in my next post ill type up a nice little event so we can start up our escape. Im hoping that we can get up to doing at least two posts a day so we can move this along. Once we get clear off Halwall our story can really kick off.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

RPG Junkie
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImperatorAlpha on Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:46 pm

So what is the plan for this tattered little band? We going to go about doing good deeds or go for vengeance? Though I think Tevran will be advocating reconcilliation with the Church and supporting that effort.

ImperatorAlpha
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPG Junkie on Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:14 am

The story is highly character driven in the way that the characters are the ones that usually decide how the story will progress. Like I mentioned before, each time I have ran this RP in the past we end up with a near completely new story. I've seen the watchers go from everything to disbanding their Order, to becoming mercenaries, and even putting their own king on the throne. It all depends on how our characters want to proceed. Granted, if I feel like going down a certain route would harm the RP I won't allow it but mostly everything is fair game.

I am excited to see how this version of the RP turns out though. Im wandering if this group of characters will lean more towards smaller scaled RP like in a standard dungeon crawl, or if we will get into the war RPs at all. Lol im pretty excited.

RPG Junkie
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MoonlightWraith on Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:36 am

I'm sorry for my over replying :$ I'm just so excited for this RP :D
You mention previous RPs, mr Junkie? :3 I would very much like to read them, just to have a nosy and see what we're competing with xD

MoonlightWraith
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPG Junkie on Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:19 pm

I'll try to dig up some old stuff and link it.

I also want to go ahead and move along this RP so if no one else posts by morning then we will continue. Im trying to give everyone an equal chance to RP but I dont want to come to a stop because of one or two people.

RPG Junkie
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mustache Squid on Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:16 pm

Ugh.
Wow.
Those are a lot posts I need to catch up on reading.

Sorry, I ended up getting the flu. Which is not surprising considering I work in a hospital. And that sort of put me down all week. Should have mentioned that, but I really was out of it. Also I thought I had mentioned it... but I guess I fever dreamed it. Also fever dreamed feeding my cat. Which never happened. Don't worry, she is fed now.

Anyway, I'll get to re-reading what happened and post. That is, if my character is not too far gone out of the plot. If he is... well... then... hm.

Mustache Squid
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ersatz Creed on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:14 am

Yeah my scheduleis written up by the army atm so while I can get on a read whenever Id like its normally not normal for me to be able to get on and write
Looking at Julius I cleaned my tears and confessed. "I too ignored the soothsayer...and I too was stabbed by some one I loved."

Ersatz Creed
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Group Theory Novelist Property Buyer Person of Interest Bug Hunter Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImperatorAlpha on Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:50 pm

Should I type up an epic battle scene? Or should I wait on others to post?

ImperatorAlpha
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RCJJ23 on Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:30 pm

I guess we should wait for a while longer to see if RPG Junkie comes back. If not I guess we might have to either abandon the RP or forge our own destiny without the guidance of the GM and Commander Turya.
I've got none that's good. So... yeah.

RCJJ23
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Durandal on Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:53 pm

If it comes to that, then I guess we will have to. He has been gone a week, so who knows. Forging our own path certainly sounds interesting. We would probably need to have someone as game master pro tem so that there is some sort of structure to the story.
"It is not the substance of our thoughts nor the merit of our actions that shape our legacy but the paths of others that have touched our life."

Durandal
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RCJJ23 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:24 am

So as a precaution should we vote who we want as GM for if RPG Junkie does not come back? If only one of us wants to GM then I guess thats their role. If there are more than 1 then maybe a vote for me post?

RCJJ23
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImperatorAlpha on Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:13 am

If a majority of players remain then I vote we continue, with a vote for a new GM. If less remain, then the RP died, and we could perhaps form a new one?

ImperatorAlpha
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RCJJ23 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:10 pm

I also vote that we should continue, and I would also have no qualms with forming a new RP out of the lore that we know and possible new lore that could be made.

RCJJ23
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Durandal on Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:20 pm

I'd be up for either of those options. Maybe we could have an episodic-style RP, a new GM each week or something like that to add variety

Durandal
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MoonlightWraith on Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:53 pm

I bid for continuation, if not I'd be more than willing to submit Merriwyn to a reboot

~Moony x

MoonlightWraith
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RCJJ23 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:42 pm

If we had an episodic style of RP I think it would be better if we had a different GM for each mini arc since a weekly basis would likely cut into the 'episodes' that take longer than a week. I will resubmit Allen to a new RP if it is needed.

Overall for the continuation we've got:
MoonlightWraith, Durandal, RCJJ23 and Imperator Alpha. Thats 4/7 (Not including RPG Junkie).

Making a reboot would make it easier for new people to join and one of us could manage stuff more. Like OOC topics, accepting Chars and the like. Also anyone up for maybe making a Write page? Makes it easier if more than one of us are online at the same time. Generally any chatpad would be fine.

RCJJ23
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Durandal on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:20 pm

A write page sounds good to me. Hopefully we hear back from the other three soon.

Durandal
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImperatorAlpha on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:36 pm

I'm game. I generally am on the site twice a day. We're doing midterms right now, and I don't study, so I have a few hours a night for interwebbing. So just a thought, mayhaps if we set up on a new RP we could perhaps make a requirement of being on at least once every 2 days, so that some semblance of continuation can be maintained? I've been on two RPs so far with marvelous opportunity, and they both died within a month.

ImperatorAlpha
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ersatz Creed on Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:58 pm

I'm game for a reboot

Ersatz Creed
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Group Theory Novelist Property Buyer Person of Interest Bug Hunter Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!