Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

PokeGladiators

PokeGladiators

a part of “PokeGladiators”, a fictional universe by bittersweetsymphonia.

Every five hundred years, the Legendary Pokemon choose a human trainer to act as their representative in a tournament to try and steal Arceus' title. Are you the next Gladiator?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “PokeGladiators”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: PokeGladiators

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thedoctorscompanion on Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:11 pm

May I please reserve a girl from Sinnoh with FC C.C. from the anime code geass
Her legendary is shaymin, because of her love for grass type Pokemon and nature. My personal favorite pokemon type is dragon.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Thedoctorscompanion
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bittersweetsymphonia on Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:22 am

Reserved for the two of you.

I'm just gonna go create a second character (a male, just to balance things out more). His Legendary would be Yveltal, because of his extremely sadistic and destructive behavior.

And I will make an opening post as soon as all the cs are finished. :>

Edit: Guys, starters should have only their basic moves at lvl 5 so that it'll be fair for everyone starting off. *looks at Ralts* Lvl 5 moves by Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire standards please.

Also, an addition to the Rules of the Tournament:

• The Gladiator may only call upon the aid of his/her Legendary during a formal battle. This privilege can only be used three times. If the Gladiator finds that he is losing the formal battle after having called upon their Legendary three times prior, they must forge on using only their skills or lose.

As I've stated before, a lot of this is still a work in progress so there might be additions like this before we begin. If you have suggestions/questions, please tell me so that we can work something out before we begin. Thank you.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

bittersweetsymphonia
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxMCxMIKEYxx on Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:03 pm

Super sorry, but I'm gonna pull my boy reservation, and also my CS is finished for Takuya~! I hope you like her!

xxMCxMIKEYxx
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:23 pm

My apologies. I fixed Scorch's moves. But can I keep Flame Charge, and Dragon Pulse? Since Flame Charge is a TM, and Charmander has Dragon Pulse as a egg move. If not I'll change it. Also if you need another male I'll be happy to make another guy. Whatever I can do to help let me know.

CutUp
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bittersweetsymphonia on Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:30 pm

MIKEY, it's fine. Takuya seems good to go, but I just have one question. Why does Takuya have two starters?

CutUp, egg moves are fine. I'll probably change my Ralts to give her one egg move later, but TMs are a no this early in the game. :) And I'd be super happy if we got another male in.

bittersweetsymphonia
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxMCxMIKEYxx on Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:13 pm

Ah~ Her brother gave her the scraggy.. Is that ok?

xxMCxMIKEYxx
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:53 pm

Alright I'll be making another then! :)
FC: Gray Fullbuster, and he shall be from Kalos.
Starter: Spheal, oh yeah!
Legendary shall be Articuno because sometime back when he was traveling in a icy area he got lost, and would have froze to death if not for Articuno rescuing him.

I guess you could say....
*Insert 'Won't Get Fooled Again' By The Who*
Yeah that just happened. I regret nothing.

CutUp
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bittersweetsymphonia on Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:04 am

Mikey, it would be kind of unfair if your character starts with two Pokemon. Perhaps she can get the Scraggy a little later in the game? After the Gladiators have departed from the Asmax and they've started their respective journeys, maybe she can get it then.

CutUp. The puns. All the puns!!!

bittersweetsymphonia
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxMCxMIKEYxx on Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:56 am

Ah, ok, that sounds good.. Should I take Scraggy out, or just leave him?

xxMCxMIKEYxx
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:46 pm

Heath is done. Hope you like him! Tried to make him as opposite of Aiden as I could. I don't know way but I enjoy playing as characters that are polar opposites from one another. If I need to change anything let me know.
Is Thedoctorscompanion's, and Keon the only characters left to be done before we can start? I'm not rushing or anything, I was just wondering.

CutUp
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bittersweetsymphonia on Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:00 am

Mikey, take Scraggy out for now.

I only looked over Heath a bit. CutUp, Heath looks awesome, but can you please remove one of Tundra's moves. I'm not sure which ones are egg moves, but I'll only allow the moves lvl 5 Pokemon get and an egg move for starters now. Other than that, it's a-ok.

Yep. I already got a WIP from Thedoctorscompanion and I have a but of Keon written out. I'll probably start this on Thursday or the weekends. Hopefully, I have survived the first wave of midterm exams by then.

bittersweetsymphonia
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:13 am

Water Pulse is the egg move. Spheal's start out with Powder Snow, and Water Gun while they can learn Rollout at lvl. 5 in ORAS. I used bulbapedia. Do I still need to change it?

CutUp
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bittersweetsymphonia on Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:54 am

Oh. Well then, it's fine. :)

bittersweetsymphonia
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bittersweetsymphonia on Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:59 am

Welp. I got Keon done and it seems like all the cs are finished. Are you guys up for starting tomorrow?

bittersweetsymphonia
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xxMCxMIKEYxx on Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:42 am

I took scraggy off, and I am SUPER excited for this roleplay~ I'm so up for today for starting.

xxMCxMIKEYxx
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:14 pm

I'm ready anytime! I'm also super excited for this!

CutUp
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thedoctorscompanion on Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:53 pm

I'm ready whenever :)

Thedoctorscompanion
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bittersweetsymphonia on Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:15 am

First post is up guys. :> The first day is just for the Gladiators to get to know each other. Near the end of the day, they'll be called up to announce which region they'll start at. Then, the next day, the adventure starts!

Guys, just post in the Pokemon Universe. We'll start posting in the respective regions when the Gladiators' journeys start. :>

bittersweetsymphonia
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutUp on Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:24 pm

Question, how are we going to form a team? Like do we need to encounter the Pokemon in the first region we go to? Or are we going to find one per region? Or is it the player's choice?
Also, how are we going to do the leveling up, and evolving?

CutUp
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bittersweetsymphonia on Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:37 pm

Oooh, I was actually thinking about this last night.

Like do we need to encounter the Pokemon in the first region we go to?

Something like that. For example, you choose Kanto as your first region, then I'll allow you to select one unevolved Pokemon from that region to add to your team. And, yes, one per region (so that'll give you six additional Pokemon in case you want to swap one for another). How you encounter them is your choice. But once you've made the choice to pick that Pokemon for that region, you can't change it anymore. You don't have to encounter that region's chosen Pokemon first thing, but make sure that you encounter it before you move on to the next region.

Leveling up. I was thinking something like this. Every wild Pokemon battle one earns your Pokemon a level (might put a cap to how much wild battles can be done per region, 20 maybe?, or I could make it wild battle won = 2 levels). Battles with Pokemon trainers earn your Pokemon two levels (limited trainers to battle per region, may up the level given once we've agreed on the amount of trainers and their Pokemon). Arceus' Guard earns your Pokemon five levels!

Are those ideas okay? I've never really done a Pokemon rp before so yeah. Also, tell me if the wild battles and trainers caps are okay.

Also, I just woke up so I'm sorry if some things are hard to understand

bittersweetsymphonia
Member for 10 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!