Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Another Way

Another Way

a part of “Another Way”, a fictional universe by Red Soldier.

If you could rewrite history, how would you do it? What would you do differently? An Avatar role play

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Another Way”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Another Way

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:35 pm

Hello there!

You guys seem to have a pretty solid RP going. I saw your RPers wanted looking for an avatar but it seems you have it filled. Even so, I'd be interested in joining if you're open to having one more join.
"The Redeemer has risen!"
Image"It is not living that matters, but Living rightly."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red Soldier on Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:14 pm

Welcome, Redred. Yes, that post was filled. I don't think that I can change the title of the ad, and kept it up so that others who are interested can still join. The role play is still open, so ahead and make a character!

It's been about one day in game. Major events - the Fire Nation has taken Yu Dao and is heading for Omashu. Several commanders are meeting up there with their respective regiments to take on the city, and a guerrilla group (played by Roku Mushabuki) is doing everything possible to delay and harass one said regiment (commanded by one of my characters). They have been forced to stop and are pursuing a counter-attack.

The Avatar and her companions are somewhere in the southern region of the Earth Kingdom, so not too far from where this is happening.

Did I miss anything?
The world is my country, all humanity my brethren, and kindness my religion.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Red Soldier
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:50 pm

Before I go ahead and put too much effort into my CS, what is the decree on "cold blooded fire bending" (lightning bending)?

EDIT: Character submitted!

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red Soldier on Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:10 pm

Character accepted, Redred33mer. As long as they don't make your character invincible, special abilities associated with each type of bending are acceptable. I believe some of the other characters have some degree of healing, metal bending, etc.

Red Soldier
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:31 pm

In all my time RPing, I have not yet been accused of godmodding. I wouldn't worry; he's supposed to be powerful, but he is certainly beatable. I'll make a first post for him soon, if not mid-tomorrow.

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red Soldier on Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:46 pm

Sounds good. I was only covering all my bases - Zerath will be an interesting addition.

Also, I have tagged my posts accordingly. The tagging option on this site has not been cooperating very well with m computers recently.

Red Soldier
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red Soldier on Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:52 pm

Just saw your post, Redred33mer. I presume you'll be headed across the Earth Kingdom by land once you've reached the shores? Omashu is the next target for the Fire Nation at this point, and a couple of contingents are headed that way. It seems natural to go there first, since we are all in that general area at the moment. Ba Sing Se is a pretty big target so early on, but we'd definitely get there.

The end of my last post was intended to allow Roku the opportunity to allow his characters to gather themselves, and for the Avatar and her crew to catch up time-wise. The plan is to meet up around Omashu, where there will hopefully be more action.

Red Soldier
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Redred33mer on Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:18 pm

I didn't want to send the prince of the Fire Nation down to Omashu and potentially hijack your operations there. Azulon (remember that I've kept him as an NPC, so you and Addrinvan can make him act as you please) can certainly send some reinforcements that way. A more active presence on the battlefield by the Avatar would certainly call the landing army's attention. That, and between the Western coasts and Ba Sing Se is a big stretch of land; it'll probably take a long time even by foot to get there.

Aside from that, Azulon's landed in already conquered territories. His presence and movement right now has no real impact to what's happening with everyone else; Roku should be able to catch up time-wise anyways. I was just making a post, keeping up with the time you're in so I can introduce my character into the RP.

Redred33mer
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Addrinvan on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:07 pm

Sorry I was gone for so long, my internet killed itself... as in my dog pissed on my router. Back now though.
It's okay to eat fish because they don't have any feelings.

Addrinvan
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Resurgam on Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:44 pm

Alliqua, Jangmu is going to be very slow to trust, although she knows they need to recruit allies to stop the Fire Nation. I'm thinking maybe if we put our group in the path of Sotaro's troops, a little skirmish with the Fire Nation could give Daichi the opportunity to ease Jangmu's mind by defending the Avatar/doing some damage to Fire Nation forces?

I'm also thinking that maybe we should write our next post together through PM's so we can post the whole conversation that determines what Jangmu and Yuzaku do with Daichi at once instead of it being spread out over several posts.

Resurgam
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alliqua_Dark on Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:55 pm

Alright sounds like a good idea to me Resurgam. :)

Alliqua_Dark
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gosunkgugi on Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:40 am

Well, I had my character cause a bit of a ruckus in the army camp after an indeterminate amount of time. If anyone feels so inclined, the chase would not be very hard to notice, what with soldiers yelling and running around with torches and what not. Sotaro could very well run him down on his eel hound, and I'm sure an air bender could easily catch up as well. If anyone wants to link up, and wants me to change my post in any way to accomodate them, I'm all ears.

Gosunkgugi
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red Soldier on Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:23 pm

Seems like Sotaro and his troops have one thing after another. Can an army not just pass through the countryside in peace? (nudge nudge, wink wink - intonations are difficult in writing).

In any case, it seems like Jin arrived at the camp before Sotaro went off to run Qin down. We have a few options - Sotaro can return to camp and track Jin down once he sees the uproar (this would require a bit of a stretch in terms of timeframe if Jin arrived shortly before Sotaro went after Qin, but you said that an indeterminate amount of time has passed), or the two could cross paths on his way back.

Alliqua, if you're up for it, we can have Jangmu and Sotaro intercept Jin near the Fire Nation camp.

Red Soldier
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gosunkgugi on Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:08 pm

Jin could have been dragging corpses around for some time before he was discovered, and even if Sotaro spots him from some distance away, I'm sure eel hounds can easily catch up with a man on foot. That's only one possibility, though, and I'm fine either way.

Gosunkgugi
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alliqua_Dark on Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:22 pm

That could work

Alliqua_Dark
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:56 am

You know, once Jin's captured, Qin could infiltrate the ranks and bust him out. Just a thought though.

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red Soldier on Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:35 pm

Ok, response is up. Thank you all for your patience.

My hope is to actually get the army moving again. Presuming that Jin remains captured, do you want to have Qin infiltrate the camp at Fei Long as the troops are getting across the basin? There would be enough time, considering that they have heavy machinery and some are injured. This would move the timeline to early the following day.

I'm not sure how far away you want Jangmu and company to be, Alligua and Resurgam. They can be camped close enough for any or all to intercept now, or at Fei Long.

Red Soldier
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gosunkgugi on Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:15 am

I didn't assume that's where this is going. Sotaro has no benders with him, only scouts, and conservation of ninjutsu is on my side. Maybe we can parlay. :P

I'm fine with that too, though, although I'd like all of this to get me in contact with the avatar and friends in the end.

Gosunkgugi
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red Soldier on Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:49 pm

A parlay would be great. That was the general idea. Sotaro may or may not capture Jin. If he does, the Avatar can be close enough to hear the commotion and intercept or run into the Fire Nation the following morning. Perhaps she can try to free Jin (she and Qin can team up if you'd like). Actually, I have an idea for this - if you all agree to go that route, I was planning on having Sotaro try to convince Yuzaku to heal the soldiers infected by those spiked bamboo rods (thanks, Qin ;) ). Presuming he has any sort of healing ability, that is. That is up to you, Alliqua. He'll probably refuse either way, but Jangmu may sway him to do it for Jin's freedom. Just an idea. I know part of the fun of a roleplay is to create the story as we go, but this may be a good way for several of our characters to interact.

Otherwise, the game will go wherever we take it. As GM, I take into account everyone's suggestions and sometimes try to guide the roleplay in one direction or another for the purposes of a linear story. However, since this is an open world type of roleplay, no one is obliged to go with it. We're rewriting history, after all.

Red Soldier
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roku Mushabuki on Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:04 am

So who's going first? Qin or Jin?

Roku Mushabuki
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!