Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Variant Code

The Variant Code

a part of “The Variant Code”, a fictional universe by SarcasticZombie.

What if you came to find out you had superpowers? How would you deal with it? Would you tell your friends and family or would you try and hide it from the world? Whatever you decide there will be consequences for your actions whether good or bad.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Variant Code”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: The Variant Code

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dae Mec on Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:40 am

Ok, everything's been fixed, and all the loose threads have been resolved. I think we're more than ready to move to the next day/week/unit of time.
“So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dae Mec
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avaria Moonwhisper on Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:51 am

Hey guys sorry for disapearing, I lost my internet and wasn't able to get onto the site till now
I'm a mischievous kitten... Fear me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Avaria Moonwhisper
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImperatorAlpha on Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:26 pm

I'm going to have to call some major godmodding on thundergod's last post. Like seriously, whats up with that?

ImperatorAlpha
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thundergod1020 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:56 am

The reason I godmodded is because Deanna wasn't going to get into any fights, and Everette was trying to force one. She was actively fleeing, so she wouldn't stay on the truck, and since the shop the truck hit wasn't specified in the previous post, I did so in mine so he'd be forced to give up the chase, which would have ended with either him failing horribly since he can't clear entire rooftops above city streets the way someone like Deanna can(at least, not without being a little too strong in the leg power, and if he could catch up by jumping to the rooftops and being faster than the person who isn't limited by what muscles can realistically do, she'd stop him with an aura wall above the streets, and gravity tends to be a real bitch to flesh), or failing because she had a giant headstart and it's hard as hell for anything living to track something when the scent only exists in the air up above a drafty city. Besides, wasn't Everette godmodding when he threw a FREAKING CAR DOOR THAT HE JUST RIPPED OFF and knocked off a wheel to stop Deanna just because she did his job better than he could?
Don't piss me off. I will personally come to your house and tilt every painting I come across.

Thundergod1020
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImperatorAlpha on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:35 am

Everette stronk. Thats part of his character. I'm still trying to figure out how you someone transported yourself three stories away off a vehicle that had been hit within the span of a few seconds.

ImperatorAlpha
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Words of Oz on Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:29 pm

For the part where my character threw the car door, if you read my character sheet, you would see that my character has abnormal strength, but that must be unrealistic when you can get on top of a roof from inside a building and teleport almost a mile away. No one is that nimble, and if your character was nimble enough to do that and have an over-powered force-field that can do anything Everette might seem entirely plain. And you are not supposed to be able to just get away, for one because no one is that good, but also because that is the entire reason for this site! That is why they have multiple people, so it does not go your way when you want it that way, princess. So when you god-modded your first escape, I made my character DO HIS JOB, and then you further god-modded because you did not get it your way. Also, you were sitting on the truck having a victory sip, and that seems pretty lounging to me. You were not "actively fleeing". Maybe if you had any understanding of realistic situations and you did not create an under-thought, cliche, and god-like character, you could see that I was doing the traditional thing with my feasible and plausible character. Where I come from, there is only one thing we say to people like you.

Bless your heart.

Sincerely,
Oz
Knowledge is power, and the words my sword.

Words of Oz
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avaria Moonwhisper on Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:30 pm

Ok, first of all, there is absolutely NO good reason to god mod. It's the same thing as cheating, and not only that it is disrespectful to the other writers involved. Secondly Deanna would not have known Everett's intion before he crashed the truck. For all she knew, he maybe wanted to talk. My third point is neither Everette nor Tanya had agreed to have known, or had run ins with her character so therefore Deanna would not have known either one of the characters, what their aim was or whose side they were on. Furthermore it clearly states as the very first rule of this roleplay is no godmodding, which by the way, you just admitted to doing so. If I were the game master of this roleplay, I would kick you out for godmodding, especially since you admitted to it. But who know's the owner of this rp might be nice, while I on the other hand am not, and wouldn't take well to my rules being broken.

Avaria Moonwhisper
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thundergod1020 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:03 pm

Oz, now that I am posting WITHOUT being clouded by sleep, let me explain my view. My point comes from an RP view. My character was not going to engage you regardless of what you did. You going to run after her? She's going to go up. You jump after? She goes three buildings away ala Attack on Titan. You keep up the chase? She'll stop you from chasing and make sure you can't do it again in a way that any competent evil person would. And she's a villain, it's the laws of the universe that they will either beat the "heroes", or in this case, loose cannon that would never be allowed to live a life outside of a maximum security prison in any environment where they obviously want the most destructive Variants dead or powerless, and yours has murdered at LEAST one innocent in the time it normally would take Deanna to think about killing a non-civ, or escape them the first meeting at minimum, then there's time on both sides to lick wounds, and then they meet again at some point, usually right before the master plan, and the villain tends to lose. There's a logic to these things, and my character is currently filling the role by eluding you via your own recklessness. You're seeing this as an RP fight. I'm seeing it as a story. My character WILL lose repeatedly at some point if this goes on, don't get me wrong. Just don't expect it to be right away.

Also, to settle your other statements, my character can make grappling hooks that don't pay heed to physics and armor that can help her resist the Gs being inflicted, it's not teleportation, it's having a well-rounded power and being the empress of Getthehelloutistan. And, after some research, I take back my disbelief at ripping a car door off, that's apparently easy as hell for even a child, it's being able to throw it with the relative accuracy that you did and your putting my character into a situation that could have outright killed her with zero ability to really respond that concerned me. As for her armor, she has blatant weaknesses in both red and blue that cause the negation of the entire aura for a MINIMUM of the three seconds needed to reload the thing, and the transition time can be taken advantage of. I know my character's weaknesses, but apparently you don't.

Thundergod1020
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Words of Oz on Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:47 pm

Actually, on you saying about my accuracy, I said that my character MISSED and hit the wheel by accident. The fact that you tried to defend your power's god-like ability to do anything proves your juvenile concept of realism is warped and false, and I am not trying to fit the role of a cliche hero plot, I actually would like to be realistic and not defy the laws of physics while also god-mod my way out of the story. I am sorry that I did not understand how much people could actually lack on this site, such as brain cells to understand what can really happen in the world, and I I would like to formally resign from this roleplay for it is diseased with god-modding and I apologize to all of you who actually can fathom sentient thought.

I am truly sorry for your disposition in life, ThunderGod.

Sincerely,
Oz

Words of Oz
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Words of Oz on Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:50 pm

I have actually let Everette be adopted so the story may continue. SarcasticZombie and other GMs, this roleplay was dearly fun, however I prefer to to walk away from conflicts.

Thank you.

Words of Oz
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CommonSoul on Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:58 pm

Guys, I don't think arguing about something that's already done is going to help much. ^^;

I was really looking forward to interacting with Everette because I thought he was an interesting character and I was even speculating whether or not to message you for a battle of the sorts as I thought it would be a fun thing to do. Unfortunately I cannot do that so I will disregard the character completely. :\

Anyways I did PM the GM just to see if she would still partake in the roleplay as I do enjoy roleplaying here even though I may not have the time at the moment to actually participate (although I've been waiting for the next day for quite some time, hehe...). It's a shame to see players argue with each other and I do hope that everyone can resolve things quickly as well as the return of our GM so we can continue our story.
"Nobody can tell what is right and what is wrong. Even if there was a god and I had his teachings before me, I would think them through and decide whether they are right or wrong myself."
"When a man learns to love, he must bear the risk of hatred."

CommonSoul
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mackamp on Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:29 am

I would love to see this move to the next day. This is the longest night ever lol . Perhaps we can get more characters to interact if we moved forward.

Food for thought....
Mackamp

Mackamp
Member for 10 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvengerSpirit on Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:53 am

Moving on from the night is what I've been waiting for. I thought we were then the whole fight thing started and has now stalled out the rp.
May your blessings outnumber
The shamrocks that grow,
And may trouble avoid you
Wherever you go.
-Irish blessing

AvengerSpirit
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CommonSoul on Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:59 am

As much as I hate to admit it, I believe I lost my muse for this roleplay and wish to partake in it no longer. I really do hate it, but the GM has yet to respond and at the moment, we are all kind of at a standstill with no real potential to move forward. :\ I really did love the roleplay while it was active but I think I'm going to drop my character as the majority of the characters are already either dropped or have no signs of being active at all. I really do apologize for this and I hope one day we could all partake in a roleplay that stays active for a long while as I had fun with everyone while it lasted.

Anyways, I do wish you happy future roleplaying. Thankyou and farewell. ):

CommonSoul
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avaria Moonwhisper on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:53 am

Ah well I think I might go too. I have created a roleplay and I would like to focus on that sorry guys. Melodyn can be adopted as well.

Avaria Moonwhisper
Member for 9 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!