Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Mentoring: Classification Zombies

a part of “Mentoring: Classification Zombies”, a fictional universe by Saken.

This RP is designed to help out and nurture roleplayers!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Mentoring: Classification Zombies”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 1.00 INK Postby Saken on Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:46 pm

roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

Hello and welcome to Saken’s Mentoring RP™!

The idea of this roleplay is to help out roleplayers of various skill levels, starting off at the most basic of us, the newbies! This roleplay will be mostly focused on newbies, helping them get into the swing of how we do things here at RolePlay Gateway (because some things are confusing)!

The main things components I want to include in this roleplay are as following: Character creation, expansion of posts, collaborative posting, battle situations, and the possibility of player versus player situations.

Due to the different levels of roleplayers who may decide to join, the roleplay will be split into three tiers - low, medium, and high. Each tier will face their own challenges, with food, water, shelter and zombies; and depending on where a person feels comfortable with - or where they may be needed to round out a group - is where they will be placed at. You can request a level, but that does not mean you will get there. There may also be that the top levels are locked if there is not a way to get a good group going, and as more members of the group ‘level up’ to these tiers they can be opened and expanded on.

Purpose of this RP: To help develop and expand on role-playing skills and using the unique system that RolePlay Gateway offers.

Execution: In order to help expand, as a GM, I will be giving personal critiques of characters and posts through PMs. There will also be various threads developed to certain parts of the role-playing process which will have guides and where you can post and receive feedback, if you would like, from others who you are roleplaying with.

For example, there will be a large process for our first step; creating a character. This may require more time and an extensive critique so that the character fits into the parameters of the roleplay and has the ability to continue onwards and upwards.
-------

The Roleplay:

Zombies!

Your medium sized town has been overrun by the various forms of dead, and you just so happen to have ended up not dead - yet. Luckily there seems to be a few other people around as well, and you’re all trying to survive and get out of town as fast as possible.

Of course, there is a little bit of a hitch - your town has been quarantined and there does not seem to be an escape option available; or is there?

Your first order of business is to find shelter, weapons, food, and water. You know, the essentials! Maybe you team up along the way with a couple of others, or maybe you sneak from encampment to encampment, causing trouble. Either way, it’s the dead’s world now and you’ll have to do whatever it takes to survive.

Your first step? Make a character sheet and submit it!

I’m not going to put up a character sheet for you to fill because I want everyone to go with what they know and what they like. If it needs to be expanded on I will let you know and give helpful hints.

Please no pictures. If you need to use one as a reference picture put it up and then compare it while you are making your physical description. Once your description is completed, delete it! If you need additional help with this, shoot me a PM or an IM! We can discuss ways create a description.

Even though this is a zombie RP it is still considered to be a realistic setting, so no superpowers!

If you consider yourself to be a more experienced Roleplayer, and wish to help out in a major way, but limit your participation in this roleplay to a more minor role, please PM me so that we may discuss the possibility of you running important plot NPCs. This would be more of a nurturing role, and would not have as much direct contact with the RP excluding important plot based items!
Last edited by Saken on Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join in on my Mentoring Rp!
It's a chance to everyone to improve their skills.
Targeted at Newbies, but for everyone!
roleplay/mentoring-classification-zombies#introduction

I see you...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 1.00 INK in return for their work.

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Re: Mentoring: Classification Zombies

Tips: 0.25 INK Postby Maestro on Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:13 pm

Yes, I support this message.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.25 INK in return for their work.

Maestro
Administrative Liaison
Administrative Liaison
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Beta Tester Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:17 pm

I will submit an actual character, but if there is anything you want help with [any range of RP methods/context], let me know. I'm willing to play small bits too, but I would actually enjoy going through your guide for newer people. I never had a formal experience like this in online RP, I think it will be interesting to go through it.

BUT - I am by no means selfish. If you get a ton of newer people in here needing help/acclimation, I am completely fine being set low on the totem pole.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iMisanthrope on Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:44 pm

Uh, is this RP going to be set apart from the usual by having different "types" of zombies?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

iMisanthrope
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:58 pm

The type of zombies will depend and evolve along with the rp, lower tier may have zombies like the walking dead while higher ones may have mutated ones much like resident evil. Different situations will depend on our users and what everyone is comfortable with.

Saken
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Party Starter Friendly Beginnings Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iMisanthrope on Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:00 pm

Oh. Okay. Interested then I guess.

iMisanthrope
Member for 9 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:31 pm

Well I am glad that you are interested! I hope you put in a character, or to pass this RP around. ;)

Saken
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Thu May 21, 2015 10:34 pm

If it gets rolling just PM me.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saken on Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:23 pm

This is still open and accepting characters from newbies, btw.~

Saken
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby El_Gringo on Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:44 pm

Weird, my photo didn't submit with the app. I'll have to fix that.

I forgot about this RP for a while. When/if you do ever get enough people to start it, shoot me a PM. Since it isn't active, it won't be clouding my imagination as much.

El_Gringo
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!