Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Abduction Plague

The Abduction Plague

a part of “The Abduction Plague”, a fictional universe by Mallow.

People are taken, their humanity erased and their bodies deformed as they live trapped in the dreary halls of a sinister hospital.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Abduction Plague”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Abduction Plague

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mallow on Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:22 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Abduction Plague"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
[] - Online
[x] - Busy - I'll be checking in regularly and may reply
[] - Offline - I'll likely be on in a little while
[] - Asleep - It will definitely be a few hours

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mallow
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Abduction Plague

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:57 am

Right. So everyone is a kidnapped victim of wild experimentation. But what do the characters actually do?
Do you feel like you're a bad writer? PM me, and let's talk about it. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mallow on Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:34 am

MayContainPlagiarism wrote:Right. So everyone is a kidnapped victim of wild experimentation. But what do the characters actually do?

I didn't even realize I'd left that information out, sorry!
I hadn't thought about it as much as I should have but I think to start it would mainly be them trying to come to terms with this new reality, as well as becoming familiar with one another, and having to grow accustomed to the way the hospital works. I also had ideas running in my head for an ultimate goal or motive of the people running the place, a reason why they're doing what they're doing to give the RP more direction, but I need to develop that more and then I'll introduce it into the story to give the plot more direction.
I'm also open to idea from those who join in on the RP; I'm sort of hoping I won't just have to manipulate the plot on my own.

Mallow
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:40 am

It seems the death of the GM-storyteller has finished. It seems like no one comes to RPG with anything more than inspiration anymore. Nonetheless, I'd suggest that shortly after the RP starts, there's a hostile takeover of management, and a more sadistic man (or woman, or group of people, or spirit-eating entity from another dimension, or whatever) takes charge. Anyone/thing created after the main characters are even more twisted and warped an unhuman, and "experiments" run the gamut from "Is my new design impervious to bullets?" to "Is my new design fire proof?" That way it's easy to have a big bad evil guy and lots of really messed up things populating the hospital with a built-in explanation for why not-totally-fucked-up characters exist as well.

Can Sabine sense heat like a snake? Is she cold blooded?

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mallow on Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:37 am

I quite like that whole idea. It could create a whole "us against them" thing with more than just the staff and would likely add more of a survival aspect to the story. Thanks for the idea!

And yes, those would be characteristics she has.

Will you be joining the RP? Because I wouldn't mind a person to help control the direction of plot.

Mallow
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:37 pm

I figured the staff would ask be sadistic fucks like the director. But that's fine. Either way, yes I am interested but I need to come up with a character.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mallow on Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:42 pm

Alright, take your time. I look forward to having you join.

Mallow
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:29 pm

I'm really faltering to come up with anything more interesting than a scientist trying to make fantasy reality with near-successful attempts to create an elf or animal ear/tail-ed creature. I don't want to go full scalie like your character. (Does she lay eggs?)

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mallow on Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:59 pm

Haha, I never thought about egg-laying, but I figure no, not that it matters since Sabine is asexual.
I had some troubles coming up with what to do with her, I almost made her like a satyr. I found that mythical creatures and classic monsters can be a good source of inspiration, but I suppose it depends on just how inhuman you want them to be. You could also go for a cyborg or something of that sort, it doesn't necessarily have to be something organic.

Mallow
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:12 pm

Something inorganic? I can totally do that... Cyberpunk ftw.
Since it looks like no one else has jumped on this RP, how do you feel about me playing two characters? (One male one female)

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mallow on Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:17 pm

One other person has joined in with a female character so one male and one female character is fantastic. Plus then we can probably get the RP started soon.

Mallow
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:29 pm

I got the male done. I have to say it isn't the most attractive (or fleshed out) character I've ever made but the fact that they don't remember anything pre-abduction and his recent addition to the patient directory doesn't give me a whole lot of background to work with. I got the important physical description characteristics (skinny, gangly, metal-armed thing). I included parents and their occupation in case it becomes important for any reason (like the hospital is discovered/they escape, and them dealing with their families becomes a huge emotional scene)

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lvdwilt2000 on Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:26 am

I am thinking of making a male character of the werewolf form if allowed and I see that I have never rped with either of you so this will be fun.
ImageImage

Lvdwilt2000
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:03 pm

How much does everyone remember about themselves? Do they have the same names from pre-abduction? Is that a memory they keep, or are they told a new name decided by someone else?

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mallow on Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:14 pm

@MayContainPlagiarism: Thanks for posting a male character! We've had another person join with a female. And I would say that memory of themselves can be whatever you want. The doctors tried to erase any memory of their home and family to keep patients from trying to escape - if they think they have nothing else to go to, they're less likely to leave, right? But they also could have been a bit unsuccessful so your character could have some memories left. If you want you could do it that way or make it so that so much has been erased that they had to be given a new name.

@Lvdwilt2000: That would be fantastic if you did that, by all means go for it.

Mallow
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:27 pm

The unexpected interest from other people filled out the female side of the RP. Would you prefer I stick to the one character?

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mallow on Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:25 pm

You can still make a female character if you'd like, I don't mind much but I think I'll prefer it if we get more males from any new people that join. I may even make a male character to help even things out more of its necessary, but we'll see.

Mallow
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:58 pm

I don't think it's at all necessary to make characters just to make things even. If there's a whole load of women and one guy, it's fine. The opposite is also true.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lvdwilt2000 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:22 am

I made them twins my characters Jimmy and Jenny Pipes. If you need more males i can make it! Was there a limit on how many characters you are meant to have? When do you plan to start?

Lvdwilt2000
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mallow on Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:04 pm

I put a limit of two characters per person, so if you wanted to make another character you'd have to get rid of one of your current ones. We'll get started fairly soon, we have enough people to get started, I just have to get a starter going. As long as everyone is ready, I'll do that when I'm not busy.

Mallow
Member for 9 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!