Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

They Opened The Book

An Open Book

a part of “They Opened The Book”, a fictional universe by Fear The Cat.

When three high school students make a wrong move, the dangerous fantasy world of Allorae comes to life. Join the adventure as the they struggle to capture the antagonist of a book that should have never been opened.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “They Opened The Book”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: An Open Book

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear The Cat on Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:24 pm

How they met would probably be through being neighbors. Whether they like each other or not, however, is up to you guys. Don't forget to discuss character relationships, by the way! :3

Now to answer your question to where the book is found. I was thinking in some old, abandoned library. How they got there, whether it be through a dare or it be the site of a street fight, is once again, up to you guys.
OH SNAP

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fear The Cat
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear The Cat on Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:17 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT!

The roleplay is starting tomorrow night! So you guys better finish up those WIPs before it's too late! Though WIPs don't have to be completely finished before the roleplay starts, I'd prefer that they're beyond major works in progress. It's fine if you're late or something, for if someone is really behind and missed their opening, for the sake of moving on later on a character can open the book again and let a few more characters out. Of course, that kind of excludes the high school students from finishing late... Then again, they can probably be sick or something.

Also, before the roleplay you must, and I mean must discuss character relationships! That includes with characters your characters haven't met yet. The only difference with them is that you won't list it in the character relationship section of your skelly, and it'll be regarding future relationships. Maybe they're bound to fall in love! Maybe they're bound to hate each other! Who knows?! YOU DO! ...Also, high school students, you may want to discuss how your characters met and how they found the book. Not for skelly information, but rather, for reference. To give you guys a little background, the book was in an old abandoned and decayed library before they found it.

-Edit-

@XEndlessX
Since you can't respond to PMs, I guess you can discuss it in the OOC or just by using the chat thingy-ma-bob...

-Edit ends-

Now, here's a gif of two penguins to brighten your day!

And I'll add my other favorite animal, too... C'mon now, cats are adorable too.

If you have any questions or requests, feel free to ask me via OOC or PM.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fear The Cat
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knitehawk on Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:32 pm

Alle9009 wrote:How did the three high schoolers meet? Neighbors, childhood friends, frenemies, etc? Where's the book found?

Hey, Alle. I was thinking, all three of the high schoolers could go to the same school, so they're at least familiar with each other to an extent. I'm not sure what Lizzie (XEndlessX)'s background is, so I don't have any ideas about what Lizzie's relationship to Lok and Jared are. However, I do have an idea for a possible "relationship" between Lok and Jared.

Jared runs a part-time job. Let's say that due to school, he works later shifts. Lok likes to go out for walks late at night. Let's say that Lok's a regular customer wherever Jared is working (by the way, where is Jared working?), and they occasionally chat (enough to know about each others' family situations). What do you think?

And regarding how we found the book--maybe Jared could be in a shitty mood after a fight with his boss over something really senseless, and then Lok can come along and ask Jared to ditch work and go someplace "exciting." So Lok takes Jared to the library (even though it's almost closed), where they run into a librarian who's dumping out a whole bunch of old books--and that's where they find the Book. They take the box to the back of the library and open the Book, and there's a huge explosion. Meanwhile, Lizzie's running to the library to return an overdue book and she hears the explosion and gets drawn into the chaos.

Just a suggestion.
Friendship is getting together and enabling each others' addictions.

Knitehawk
Member for 9 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:18 am

Sounds good to me! Jared works at a cafe that sells coffee and snacks, and earns extra if he makes the snacks since he knows how to cook and does it occasionally. He had a fight with the boss over how to cook this new dish, which lead to Lok and Jared finding the Book. Jared likes books, so he won't mind going to the library. He'd probably share the leftovers or broken cakes/ pies/ whatever with Lok, and worry over whether he's eating enough. Classmates or different classes? :)
"Fire flows hot in my blood, sparking through my nerves and veins. Heat curls deep in my belly, enveloping this body with warmth and turning into power. And with this power, everything I will shall burn."

Alle9009
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knitehawk on Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:46 am

Alle9009 wrote:Sounds good to me! Jared works at a cafe that sells coffee and snacks, and earns extra if he makes the snacks since he knows how to cook and does it occasionally. He had a fight with the boss over how to cook this new dish, which lead to Lok and Jared finding the Book. Jared likes books, so he won't mind going to the library. He'd probably share the leftovers or broken cakes/ pies/ whatever with Lok, and worry over whether he's eating enough. Classmates or different classes? :)

Sweet. Let's make them in different classes; it'll offer more of a dramatic element if something is happening that requires all the high schoolers present.

Knitehawk
Member for 9 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear The Cat on Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:22 pm

Important notes...

So I want to mention/clear up a few things, or rather, one thing I forgot to mention in the intro. Feel free to ask any questions you may have about them, or anything really.

1) Demons can sense each other. However, depending on their powers, they may be able to hide the fact that they're a demon.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Not much, but relevant stuff. I can't wait to start tonight! By the way, I want to hear everyone's input on this: I was planning to write the first post, but keeping in mind how the whole event plays out, it might make more sense if one of the high school students made the first post. What do you guys think? And if it would make sense, would one of you guys mind typing it up?

Fear The Cat
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knitehawk on Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:21 pm

Fear The Cat wrote:I want to hear everyone's input on this: I was planning to write the first post, but keeping in mind how the whole event plays out, it might make more sense if one of the high school students made the first post. What do you guys think? And if it would make sense, would one of you guys mind typing it up?

I agree; one of the high schoolers should probably make the first post. XEndlessX, Alle9009, do either of you want to make the first post? If not, I'll do it.

Knitehawk
Member for 9 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear The Cat on Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:13 pm

You might as well just start the post now, since no one's opted to. If you don't mind, of course. ^^

Fear The Cat
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:14 pm

Eh, I'll do it. I think it'll flow better that way.

Alle9009
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knitehawk on Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:29 pm

Alle9009 wrote:Eh, I'll do it. I think it'll flow better that way.

Thank you, Alle. Looking forward to RPing with all of you.

Knitehawk
Member for 9 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rainbow Sprinkle Cake on Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:03 pm

Hello all I guess I'll go ahead and say hello to you all. I've kind of held off on this because I was working on my character and wanted to concentrate my efforts on that as quickly as possible. I am hoping to take up the role of a demon, once he is approved of course. He's for the most part finished, all of the important information is up. My faceclaim is Vincent Brooks from the videogame Catherine. I hope he meets with approval and I'm looking forward to role-playing with everyone.

Here's a gif for my faceclaim Fear the Cat if you need one for the intro page.

Now the fun part of putting pretty pictures on Jasper's sheet yay! :D

Rainbow Sprinkle Cake
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XEndlessX on Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:14 pm

Liz is so nearly finished, just a few finishing touches and she's done!
As for charcter relationships, I really don't mind. If anyone has any suggestions?

@Knitehawk
Yeah, sounds like a good idea!

XEndlessX
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knitehawk on Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:14 pm

Ahoy, Rainbow Sprinkle Cake!

XEndlessX, as far as relationships between the high schoolers go, I wasn't thinking of anything more than a casual acquaintance. I couldn't find any particular details from Lizzie's bio that might make for a specific, out-of-school encounter between her and Lok.

Knitehawk
Member for 9 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MagicalImaginationz on Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:52 pm

I thought the rp started seconds after they opened the book, and wasn't Fear going to post first?

MagicalImaginationz
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Knitehawk on Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:55 pm

MagicalImaginationz wrote:I thought the rp started seconds after they opened the book, and wasn't Fear going to post first?

Ah, it seems like we're going to have the high schoolers do a short exposition prior to opening the book, which is why Alle posted first. Basically, the high schoolers are finding the book before the book gets opened, and then all hell can break loose.

Knitehawk
Member for 9 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:54 pm

I figured a small prologue first would give us some time with the relationships thing, and some other stuff.

@XEndlessX - since Jared and Lizzie both have string personalities maybe the two could have butted heads before? Something like that? Or she could be a regular at the cafe Jared works in or something. :)

Alle9009
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XEndlessX on Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:42 pm

@Alle
I think the first one sounds better, but if you would prefer that she would be a regular I'm fine with that!

XEndlessX
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rainbow Sprinkle Cake on Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:09 pm

Thanks for the approval Cat and I'm guessing either us demons are going to have to get together to come up with some sort of relationship thing between the demons. I just finished up with making Jasper feel free to take a look guys cause I had to change things up. As for Jasper he's kind of a loaner, and not the most likable guy so I don't know. Not that he's mean just kind of gross. xD lol

Rainbow Sprinkle Cake
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alle9009 on Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:47 am

@XEndlessX - How bout both? They know each other through school and because she's a regular at his workplace (now known as the Minder's Gheist, which is a quaint little cafe being run by Mr Derek Mann which sells a large variety of coffee, tea, and other drinks, along with some snacks like cakes and pastries and stuff), but they don't get along too well unless in times of danger, where they set aside differences and stuff to work together. Lok and Lizzie know each other from there?

@Rainbow Sprinkles - I don't think Zen would be interested in fighting him since he's not a fighter, but would probably be teasing to him and stuff. For the others I'm not too sure. Guess we need to PM each other... Whoops. (^_^')

Alle9009
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MagicalImaginationz on Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:18 am

I am SO excited. The real story is starting soon! This is how I feel:

MagicalImaginationz
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Person of Interest

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!