Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Playing With Time

Playing With Time

a part of “Playing With Time”, a fictional universe by Fear The Cat.

| More Inside | Literate Roleplay | Roles Available | Digital high five if you read the whole thing |

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Playing With Time”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Playing With Time

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear The Cat on Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:50 am

Questions, comments, concerns? This is the place to leave them.
OH SNAP

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Fear The Cat
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Playing With Time

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eddy V. Sovorov on Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:58 am

This certainly an interesting RP idea, and I've been looking for an RP that appeals to me to join in. Worried aobut competeing however, lol XD. I am not very creative or flashy with my character sheets, as coding was never something that grabbed my attention. I almost feel lost without pre-made coding O.o....

It is almost like....I have no parachute as I plunge from the plane!! XD

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Eddy V. Sovorov
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear The Cat on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:47 am

Thanks for being interested! You're welcome to reserve, by the way, but you're missing something. x.x

Anyway, about the coding thing, to be honest I'm not as picky as I made myself sound in the intro. As long as there is some effort put into the character sheet, which really just means, just, put the information questions in bold and add a pretty picture, I'm pretty cool about it. The only thing I really focus on is literacy.

And I wouldn't worry about competing that much. From what I've gathered, most people don't feel comfortable competing because they don't like being the ones to snag someone else's spot (a guilt thing, I guess.) So the chances of someone trying to compete aren't super high. Also, I'm thinking, if it comes down to it I might just add a fourth spot because there are only, what? Three spots in the roleplay (including mine?) That's a pretty small roleplay, and I want to give everyone who wants a chance to join, well, a chance to join. :D

Fear The Cat
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:16 pm

I'll second Sir/Madam Eddy's claim. The premise certainly sounds interesting. Strange... but interesting. :) The introduction and everything after that did raise a couple of questions, however, some pretty crucial to my want and ability to join this little roleplay.

First off; Will each character be from a different Core division or can there be multiple from one? I assume you're banking on the former rather than the latter, but if there does happen to be two characters from the same division would one need to change their character's role if it came to that?

Second; Have these characters worked together before or not at all? Are all three/four of them new recruits or veterans, or a mixture of the two? And how much of a veteran can they be?

Third; How real would this vision have been? Say if I make a character, would they be able to dismiss it as a pretty... vivid nightmare and think not much else of it (In that case, I'll have a different reason for them to join in)?

Fourth; How much is this world's technology going to play a role? And what level of technology will this world have. Sci-fi? Cyberpunk? All I know so far is that we've got the ability to travel in space, but I'd like a bigger picture of what I can and can't pull out of my imaginary arse in terms of technology.

Fifth; What kind of face claims are you looking for? I'm not exactly picky on this, but I'd rather use my own preferences if possible. You're looking for anime face claims, but do you demand them to be from anime series/films/games? Or can I, say, go with an anime-esque face claim. To give you a bit of an idea, I was planning to go with her for my character. Lemme know if that'll be okay, otherwise... I guess I've gotta look for a new face to steal. >:)

Incidentally, multiple images aren't a problem, but I know some GMs hammer about the fact that they require gifs in someone's profile, and I'd rather not do that if I can help it. ^^;

Sixth; How much reign do I have over the kid for my character? If you'd rather not reveal too much, that's fine, but I'd like to know if we need to control them at some point or, y'know, have any say about waht's happened/happening to them. ^^;

That'll be all, folks, 'ave a good day.

- Byte

Oh, shucks... I almost forgot. So, it's pretty cool that favourite song of yours. I'm a bit of an Avenged Sevenfold myself, haven't listened to that particular song, though. Might give it a listen some day. But for now I'm in a swing mood, and there happens to be a band who does some pretty cool stuff by mixing metal with various styles, including swing. Here's a link.

I'm not to sure about my character's relation to the missing kid yet. Barebones ideas include either an (ex-)lover, an old comrade or a friend of a friend's friend (All ideas will be something vague and complicated that I can sink my teeth into and develop to my heart's content).
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear The Cat on Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:35 pm

A1: There can be multiple from one division; however it'd be nice to have a little diversity. Preferably there would be one from each, but I'm very lenient with this. So no, no one would have to change their role.

A2: The range between veteran and new is pretty vast. They can be from when the Core first developed to the newest recruits (despite the latest group, of course.)

A3: The vision is extremely realistic. Realistic enough for one to think it must've physically happened. Chances are they wouldn't be able to confidently dismiss it as a vivid nightmare.

A4: Technology is mostly going to play a role in the weapons and tools. I'm thinking the type of technology will be something along the lines of cyberpunk. Huge internet database and development, lots of artificial intelligence, you get the gist.

A5: I'm extremely lenient with face claims. As long as they're along the lines of anime (game/series/film/-esque) then they're fine with me. I don't care if GIFs are/aren't present, all you need are a few pretty pictures to compliment the information. Your face claim looks lovely and I'd love to have her as a character. ^^

A6: The kid that's tied to your character is pretty much all yours. Think of them as a (minor) second character of yours. Their personality, relation, appearance, etc., are all yours. You can reveal what you wish about them, though I'd prefer if you knew a lot about them yourself. Also, you're gonna end up playing as the kid for at some point. It might be through nightmares/flashbacks or sometime at the very end of the roleplay, but yeah, it's bound to happen. As for what is happening to them I'm going to explain that in a different topic that I'm planning to post once I sort a few things out. (This'll also relate to what I meant when I said at the end of the roleplay...)

Thanks for the link, by the way. Now I have to check them out. :3

*Edit*

For the division, please tell which one you plan for your character to be in. I'm not sure about mine yet. Also... just saying... the girl squad is forming. We already have three girls. Be wary.
Last edited by Fear The Cat on Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fear The Cat
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eddy V. Sovorov on Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:22 pm

Alrighty dighty then, to begin with it is Sir Eddy, always love the ring of that and what I wish I could change my username too <.<.......>.>.......anyways~!!!!!!!!!!

Guess I'll finally get to reserving then, having also surcummed my struggle for an FC! Seriously I am just terrible at finding one that suits the character I have in mind...woe is me~! I'll start with that, though I will find more images for the actual sheet. He'll be a member of the fighting division of the Core. As for the kid, still thinking about that. I'm thinking they may be a niece/nephew, but no concrete idea just yet.

As for my favorite song, that is a tough one. It really depends on my mood at the time which would be my favorite song. I mean one I can say ranks up pretty high would be Serperate Ways by Journey, but Beat It by Michael Jackson also does well. Course then sometimes The Pride by Five Finger Death Punch or Prayer by Disturbed are there...>.>....like I said, I don't really have a favorite XD. As for yours, I've never actually listened to Brompton Cocktail, as admitingly I've never been a huge Avenged Sevenfold fan. Not tthat I think they are terrible or anything, just very picky usually when it comes to my music so very few bands have a bunch of songs that I like.

Eddy V. Sovorov
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear The Cat on Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:43 pm

Your character has been reserved! :D

I'm going to say there can be two (three if it's absolutely necessary, I'm a mush-mellow, you see) to the same division, and no more. I don't care about the division my character is in, so I'm planning to take whatever division is left in the end.

Fear The Cat
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:28 pm

@Eddy: You never know, the internet's a strange place and you're better off not assuming the first thing that comes to mind. So, I went with a middleground. =P

@Fear The Cat:

1; Right. Was planning on having my character be from the science division of Core, though she'd be fairly flexible in that department when need be. She's pretty science-y, though.

2; Cool.

4; Good to know. So, would artificial limbs be a thing in this world, then? How advanced is their medical knowledge? Are surgeries still executed by humans or do they have AI for that now?

5; Waheey! I'll raise a glass to that. xD

6; I'll wait for that piece of information then. Might help me to make a decision, I only know I want their relationship to be something solid, yet moldable through the course of the roleplay. ^^;

I feel like I'm asking too many questions, haha! x)

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear The Cat on Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:46 pm

A4: Yes, they would be. Their medical knowledge is pretty damn advanced, though then again, so is their weapon knowledge. Artificial intelligence would deal with surgery and things related.

Nah, I embrace the questions, so don't sweat it. :D

Additional note: Alright, 'futuristic' face claims, I've decided, is a pretty vague term. I'm thinking modern and old fashioned face claims could add into that mix, so you can choose basically any era for your face claim's clothing/style/etc..

Fear The Cat
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eddy V. Sovorov on Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:44 am

Alrighty, starting work on my character!! and Will eventually work in the FC I sent you <.<....just found a bunch of pictures to also make use of!

Eddy V. Sovorov
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:13 pm

Right, submitted a wip. Sorry if I took my time submitting something, but I don't feel wholly comfortable with posting a work in progress sheet. I tend to slack. Either way, there you have it. I still need to finish some bits, obviously, but since most of it has been written down already it should be done over the weekend or so. Minus character opinions, of course. ^^;

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fear The Cat on Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:51 am

Yayy!!! Sorry it took me so long to reply, my wi fi has been really funky and has prevented me from logging on. I will read your characters soon, but right now I've got a lot of other things to cover and I can't really, so, um, yeah.

Fear The Cat
Member for 9 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!