Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Darkest Day to Brightest Night

a part of “Darkest Day to Brightest Night”, a fictional universe by AngelGirl.

Blood Valley is home to supernaturals of all kinds. A sanctuary after the Burning. But there must be redemption for all the lives lost, and the fates of two species rest on the shoulders of a talisman. {Much more inside}

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Darkest Day to Brightest Night”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AngelGirl on Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:40 am

Well, hey there!

If you haven't read the rules, please go do so before reserving!

Also, please do not submit charries until your reservation has been accepted.

I will accept characters once the majority of them are finished, so don't worry if yours isn't accepted right away.

I reserve the right to ask for changes to be made to your CS.

Please be active in OOC! Active OOCness will prove to me that you care about this RP. Otherwise, my anxiety will flare and I'll be a hot mess and no one wants that, now do they? :D
~AngelGirl~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AngelGirl
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Lifegiver

Re: Darkest Day to Brightest Night

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Savader on Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:16 am

Hi! I'd like to reserve a spot for Bodyguard 1, please.

His name shall be Alistair Kenway. He's human, and I'm thinking on him being somewhere around 40 or 50 years old.

Also, kinda just throwing this out there, but... I love wolves. I'd have to say they're my favorite animal.

"You see... I'm not mad. CHAOS isn't mad. I've SHOWN you the REAL WORLD. Shown you CHAOS. And hopefully you went sane. But killing chaos... you can't kill CHAOS. And you can't keep it locked up for long..."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Savader
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AngelGirl on Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:29 pm

Sweet. Reserved!

AngelGirl
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist World Builder Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Savader on Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:05 pm

Awesome!

Alright, so now that I'm officially reserved, I would like to know a few things.

First off, what was your preference on say, how each bodyguard met the talisman, exactly? And how long have they been with the girl? Also, what is their level of attachment? Is it out of personal want to protect them? Or employment of some kind. Maybe a bit of both? Like it started out as "just a job," but turned into an actual want to keep her safe and help her accomplish her "destiny?"

Second, what time period does this take place in? I saw that it's in Virginia, so I've got the country, but I still couldn't determine exactly what year, or rather, the theme of what era. Are there guns? Cars? Is it in the future? If so, what kind? A semi-dystopian world with supernatural elements, similar to the movie Daybreakers?

Any info you can give me on that would be very helpful. I'm almost done with my character, I just have to fill out the bio section and include some gifs.

Savader
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AngelGirl on Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:44 pm

Cool.

I was thinking that the bodyguards had been with her her entire life, or at least when she turned ten and started developing her abilities, and that they were assigned to her at first. Whether each one grew to care for her since then is up to you.

The time period is completely modern, early 2000s maybe. The Burning would have happened somewhere between the 40s and 50s. Yes there are guns and cars, but modern weapons wouldn't do much against a supernatural. The Survivors are human (they are being enacted as NPCs and will be explained once more people join), so they can be killed as easily as the talisman. There are just a lot of them and they're quite resilient.

Hope that helps!

AngelGirl
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Savader on Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:56 pm

Super, it helps immensely! I'll probably have Alistair's CS finished by tonight, so look forward to that!

Savader
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Addrinvan on Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:37 pm

I don't know why but I feel compelled to say that I like dags, you like Dags?

I'd like to reserve supernatural 1.
It's okay to eat fish because they don't have any feelings.

Addrinvan
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AngelGirl on Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:16 am

Wow! We have something in common! I like dogs, too.

Reserved :)

AngelGirl
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Savader on Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:23 am

Sooo, it turns out I kinda underestimated how deep Alistair's past was... Hehe... But not to worry! I still have a couple days, right?! I've got this!

But for now, I am dead tired. I'll get back to it tomorrow right after I wake up ;)

Savader
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Addrinvan on Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:08 am

Okay, so I may have made a bit of a mistake. Not a huge one, but for my face claim I chose Dee Dee Ramone. Seemed like a great Idea at the time, but after spending about 30 mins looking through gifs of him, I can pretty much say with certainty that I've looked at all of them. Normally that wouldn't be a huge deal, I found 7 that were the right size give or take. But, well I didn't realize quite how many gifs you wanted. Is it alright if I remove some of them from the character sheet or do you want me to change face claims?

Addrinvan
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Savader on Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:11 pm

Also, can you explain to me how to make sense of the "small%20gif" stuff? I imagine it's supposed to automatically resize any gifs you place, but I don't understand how... No matter where I place the link, it either breaks the image or displays the link itself. A little help?

Savader
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AngelGirl on Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:14 pm

Oh wow guys I didn't know you were having so many problems! My computer has been down all day!

You can alter it to fit the amount of gifs you have, it's fine.

AngelGirl
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AngelGirl on Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:13 am

Addrinvan,

you are way past the 48 hour mark. I'll PM you if you don't respond to this message. After that, the role will be re-opened.

Which would suck.

Respond, please!

AngelGirl
Member for 11 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!