Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Mutated and the Experimented

a part of “The Mutated and the Experimented”, a fictional universe by CutestWitch.

After a major cosmic event, a few gene changing cosmic rays hit Earth mutating a handful of the population into superhumans known has the Mutated. The world governments tried to replicate this event creating their own superhumans, called the Experimented.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Mutated and the Experimented”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutestWitch on Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:15 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "The Mutated and the Experimented"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CutestWitch
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Mutated and the Experimented

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:59 pm

Two questions for this lovely rp: One, what class would you say shapeshifting would be? Let me elaborate. She (it will be a she) will be able to transform into any living thing, excluding plant life (for example, she could turn into a bird and fly, or a fish and swim). This also means she can add several aspects of living things into one creature (say, the speed of a cheetah, the endurance of a rhino, the intelligence of a human, with the agility of a cat) Depending on what you allow me, this could also mean she makes her skin really tough, like that of a horn or some other animal with defensive plating- that makes her bulletproof to an extent. Obviously, if a gun is held to her head, she's not going to be able to stop that. However, her power over transforming completely into an animal depends on wether she has 'seen' the animal. for example, as she has never seen a dinosaur, she can't transform into one. Also, to replicate more of the physiological aspects of an animal, she must 'collect' them an action in which she looks directly into the eyes of an animal while touching them- this lets her see inside them (but not read their mind, just how their body works) doing this lets her replicate gender, voice, instincts, etc. For example, she can't walk and talk like the president unless she's collected him, which will not happen in the near future. If this falls under the S category, I would love to take that slot. If I become to powerful, feel free to tell me. One idea is that how her skin works in the shapeshifting process makes her extremely susceptible to fire- even a lighter could do some serious damage. Sorry I'm writing so much.

Anyway, second question, would it be all right if I had sort of a rogue character not affiliated with any group at the beginning of the rp, but may join a side later on?

Love this concept!

*Edit: Another cool concept: what if, if she collects a mutated or experimented, because she is completely replicating the person, she also receives whatever mutations or powers they have, but with little knowledge of how to use them. To contrast this, perhaps my character is well known, so people know well in advance not to look let her collect them and use their power. Could provide for an interesting plot twist later, eh?
Real knowledge
is to know the extent
of one's ignorance.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Haas33
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutestWitch on Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:21 pm

First question: That sort mimic power would be considered S-Rank. I don't usually care for mimicking powers thing... But I guess it could work. It would be interesting if she tries that on Jackey, since she makes people go insane by looking them in the eyes. It could be interesting. I'll allow it. Anyways, all the S-Ranked Mutated are world famous at this point in time. When we get a good number of people I'll make a post on who the other S-Ranks are who are not in Poseidon City, since everybody knows who they are. And there are only 5 of them (I might raise it to 6 though), at least 2 are in the city, 1 is already dead, and the rest are not there but they might show up later in the RP.

Second question: Yes. You can be neutral.

Glad you like the idea. Thank you.

CutestWitch
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:58 am

I did the best I could do for my character at this point. Also I'm not sure but conjoring fire and controlling fire are different right? Of course I combined the two for my character but would that be considered power level B or level A?
Without the Dark, there can be no Light,
We have purpose
Without the Lie, there can be no Truth,
We have purpose
Without the War, there can be no Victory,
We have purpose
Without the Death, there can be no sacrifice,
We have purpose
Without the Hope there can be no Future,
We have purpose
Without the Loyalty there can be no one chapter,
We have purpose
Without the Emperor, there is nothing,...
And we would have no purpose

Specmarine
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Person of Interest Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutestWitch on Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:37 am

Rank A is alright for that power. It could probably be either one.

CutestWitch
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:50 am

I'd like to reserve a spot as an Experimented assassin for the Children of Zeus, no particular rank. Cliche though it may be, would it be alright to play a character with a healing factor? It'll be somewhat more realistic than X-Men style bullshit. I.E., difficulty healing complex injuries, like regrowing lost limbs or regenerating internal organs. The character would almost be like a zombie, having essentially "died" and re-animated with her powers, but having lost most of her not-immediately-vital internal organs in the process, with damaged vitals like her heart and lungs supported by cybernetics. She'd also be unable to regenerate her blood with her powers, causing her to require regular blood transfusions and nutrient injections - since she can no longer digest normal food - to survive.

Also, due to flaws in her regeneration, areas of her body sometimes run out of blood, causing them to necrotize, rot away, and replace themselves. Because of this, although she can recover from wounds, her body is very fragile, enough so that strenuous activities can cause internal damage accidentally. On the flipside, due to an early "glitch" with her regeneration, she'd have grown four extra arms, and be able to use those freely, if with limited dexterity. And, since her body constantly tries to restore itself to an earlier state, she'd also be surprisingly resistant to internal assaults such as mind control, due to her unchanging brain chemistry.

I'm thinking she'd probably be Rank C, or B at the very most, since her powers aren't too far outside the range of normality. However, she'd still be quite dangerous to more powerful Mutants, simply because she doesn't play by their rules. Mostly, she'd fight more powerful individuals through mundane means. Like anti-materiel sniper rifles used to shoot them from half a mile away while they're sleeping.

Would that be alright?

Feyblue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutestWitch on Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:51 pm

Yes. That would be an alright power. I would put it at a C power.

CutestWitch
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:45 pm

Submitted my character- tell me if you want me to change anything

Haas33
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutestWitch on Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:47 pm

Its fine. Accepted!

CutestWitch
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutestWitch on Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:14 pm

tomorrow I'll get my other character in... We need a feel slots filled before we can do anything... So it anyone knows anyone who would be interested in this rp, that would be appreciated.

CutestWitch
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:23 pm

We can always hope someone comes along!

Specmarine
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Person of Interest Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:02 am

Still working on my chara. Should be in some time tomorrow. Sorry for the delay, I had work to deal with.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Haas33 on Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:08 pm

I could take up a second character if it would help. Probably male.

Haas33
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutestWitch on Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:57 pm

FeyBlue: Don't worry about it. Take your time. I'm in no real hurry.

Haas: You can if you like. I'm not going force you to. I'm playing 2 characters so that would be fine.

CutestWitch
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:21 pm

@Witch: Thanks for the sentiment, but I already finished, so...~

Feyblue
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutestWitch on Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:38 pm

I guess we just wait now..

CutestWitch
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby That_Person on Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:58 pm

Hey my friend Haas33 told me about this rp. I'd love to join as a member of the Armageddon's shadow as an assassin. I was thinking something about being able to run extremely fast, but also to be able to process things fast as well, and be able to anticipant and react to attacks quickly. So he's pretty much built fast. I'll explain more once I make the character, but basically he'd be able to travel faster than a bullet, and fight extremely well do to his ability to react quickly, almost as if he sees things in slow motion. What rank do you think this would be? He could have some weaknesses like running in the dark is nearly impossible because he can't see where he is going. I'll have my character up as soon as I can once I get the ok.
Hello There

That_Person
Member for 9 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:01 am

So...any ideas when we might start this RP? And I also realized that our characters almost have a rock, paper, scissors feel to them when they do fight eachother.

Specmarine
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Feyblue on Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:24 pm

...Now that you mention it, you're right. We really do have a circle of advantages/disadvantages going here. Juno's long range approach would prevent Jacquelyn from using her powers on her, and her body constantly reverting to a prior state might make driving her insane difficult even if she got to use them. But Ryan's up-front attack strategy wouldn't work on her, since she could use her powers at that distance and win instantly. Shapeshifting, on the other hand, wouldn't be of much use against a guy who can just disintegrate you instantly, since Ryan could probably make his move before Ashna could copy his powers. On the other hand, Ashna could just constantly change her appearance, preventing Juno from ever identifying her target, and thus avoiding any attacks from her completely.

Feyblue
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CutestWitch on Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:10 pm

Sorry I've been kinda missing the past few days... Anyways...
That_Person: Yeah. That's fine.

Spacmarine: We still have some key roles that need filling... like the The Master and the Right Hand of the Shadow. But we'll try to start as soon as possible.

Yeah... I guess it kinda have a circle going right now. Hahaha

CutestWitch
Member for 10 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!