Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

The Serum Effect

The Serum Effect

a part of “The Serum Effect”, a fictional universe by Arrow-.

Five teenage geniuses are forced to create and test a serum. When the result is the development of powers, they are locked up and made into lab rats. That is, until they decide to escape and destroy the woman who trapped them.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Serum Effect”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Serum Effect

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arrow- on Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:24 pm

Hello all! This is my first time creating a role-play for multiple people, so be kind! Read the rules so you know whats going on and if you have any questions, feel free to post them here with your reservations.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Arrow-
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: The Serum Effect

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhenWorldsFall on Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:52 am

This sounds like it could be excellent! I had an idea similar to this a while ago but never put it into action! Could I reserve scientist six with the same face-claim as yours considering they'll be twins. I'm feeling identical twins :) if that's alright?

edit:

Actually, could the face-claim be Lydia Holland please? And could the original sister who has passed away be the same. In regards to power, I wouldn't know what to call it but my idea is for her to be able to use the life force of things around her. For example if she has a wound or illness she could steal the life force of objects around her to heal herself whether its plant-life, animals or humans. Maybe give her own life force to others to heal them? I'd say it'd be a difficult power to control, maybe her body takes from the life around her when she's in need whether she wants to or not. I'd go into more detail on my character profile if it's a suitable power.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

WhenWorldsFall
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arrow- on Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:45 am

@WhenWorldsFall: Sound's good. I'm not quite sure what to call it yet, so I will wait until your character sheet is in.

Also, I want to clear up a few things here:
1. The more powerful a dose your character has had of the serum injected into them, the stronger their power will be, but also the harder to keep stable or in control of.
2. I am also kind of leaning towards making an existing character female, or making other characters if this seems to gain a lot of interest. Just let me know what you want and we can work it out.

Arrow-
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhenWorldsFall on Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:40 pm

Okay well in that case, perhaps a character with a slightly stronger dose would suit the power I've got in mind for my character :)

Hopefully this gets a bit more interest as it is a good idea.

WhenWorldsFall
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyInsane on Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:21 am

Hello there. I just wanted to say that I am interested in this and would create a character for either the 50% or 40% injection male depending on what power I would decide on. I just wanted to let you know that I'm interested. :)

SlightlyInsane
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Malachite on Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:22 am

I'd also be interested in either the 50% or 40% position, whichever SlightlyInsane doesn't go for I suppose!

For my characters power I was thinking about him having future/past visions that are triggered by touch- for example, he touches another person and sees some significant event that's going to happen to them at some point or something that happened to them previously in their life. Based on how much control you think he'd have over it at that level, perhaps he can tell exactly how far into the future/past he's seeing, choose whether he views the future or the past, or his power could also work on objects. It needs some work, but yeah, I'd love input.

As far as a face claim goes, I'd like to use Iwan Rheon.
âœĻ M A L A C H I T E âœĻ
mal — 17 — dog person

Malachite
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhenWorldsFall on Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:47 am

I'm going away for a week to Belgium :) therefore if the hotel doesn't have free wifi I won't be able to submit a character submission till I get back on the Sunday :) but I will be thinking about my character submission while I'm away :) x

WhenWorldsFall
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arrow- on Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:05 am

@SlightlyInsane, that sounds good to me, I just need a face claim! :D

@Malachite, Also sounds good. I will wait for SlightlyInsane to decide and then put you on the front page.

@WhenWorldsFall okay! Have fun! Wish I could go to Belgium!!!

Arrow-
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyInsane on Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:44 pm

My character will have the power of sound manipulation, which would include being able to mimic voices. I'm fine with having my character be the 40%, because I think Malachite's character's power would work better for a 50% injection. As for a FC: I've decided on Cameron Mitchell.

SlightlyInsane
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arrow- on Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:33 pm

Sounds good guys! I will try and get the FC's on the main page as soon as possible. In the meantime, try and get those CS in if you could and maybe ask your friends if they want the other role, if not, I will take it :P

Arrow-
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GrimBones66 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:34 am

Hello there ^^
I was looking to reserve the leader of the group with the Face claim of Steven Yeun but I haven't really decided on a power yet so i'll let you know as soon as I find one that'll fit him :) Also I really like the idea of this role play and the front page which is simple but inviting :D

GrimBones66
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arrow- on Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:48 am

@GrimBones66 - Sounds excellent, just let me know.

@Everyone else - Okay, so I have had a terrible essay project bestowed upon me and just finished, thus my absence. I am now back, so I shall be uploading my own CS soon... As long as everyone is wanting to continue?

Arrow-
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyInsane on Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:52 am

I'm still here. :) I submitted Quintus as a WIP.

SlightlyInsane
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GrimBones66 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:10 pm

I think I'm going to make my character have teleportation powers if that's alright.

GrimBones66
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arrow- on Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:05 pm

Sounds good all!

Arrow-
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Malachite on Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:12 pm

I'm still on board, sorry I haven't submitted a wip yet! I haven't had the chance to get on my computer due to some personal stuff. I'll do my best to submit something either this evening or some time tomorrow.

Malachite
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyInsane on Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:37 pm

Are we still going forward with this RP?

SlightlyInsane
Member for 13 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!