Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Transparent Word and Picture Banner

a topic in The Artist's Cafe, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Have some artwork to share? Share it here — and feel free to ask for commissions!

Transparent Word and Picture Banner

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ♥ILoveParis♥ on Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:31 pm

I've been seeing around the roleplay community a lot of banners, ie for characters name, roleplay titles, really just everywhere. Basically it's like some words and a picture or two on banner and the background if transparent, made at a third party source. I'm just curious if anyone knows how these are made?
Thanks

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

♥ILoveParis♥
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Transparent Word and Picture Banner

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:41 pm

Usually their made in programs like photoshop or illustrator, and I've done quite a few.
There are also .gif generators out there, just a quick google will get you some pretty decent results.
All depends on what route you want to go.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vix on Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:13 am

I use gimp because it's free and really easy.
◎!Check it out!◎
◎My Interest Check◎
“All I'm writing is just what I feel, that's all. I just keep it almost naked. And probably the words are so bland.”
― Jimi Hendrix

Vix
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WrittenInSilverInk on Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:40 pm

I use PicMonkey to do most of my editing. I mainly use it because I'm a crappy coder but I can break down for you how I use it. First I costum create on the site. About 900x width fill up the whole roleplay homepage so you can go from there. You can make the banner background transparent. Then type and go about as you please,

WrittenInSilverInk
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Devils Hex on Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:58 am

Save your files as PNG and they should be better quality than a GIF file.

The Devils Hex
Member for 8 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!