Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Welcome To The Future Brave Knight

Welcome To The Future Brave Knight

a part of “Welcome To The Future Brave Knight”, a fictional universe by Specmarine.

When a magical experiment goes wrong, a group of knights are sent into the future by mistake.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Welcome To The Future Brave Knight”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Welcome To The Future Brave Knight

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:29 pm

...well, whatever you decide, you should decide it soon. :)
Do you feel like you're a bad writer? PM me, and let's talk about it. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:12 pm

So is there going to be a language barrier? Has "Ask" inexorably mutated into "ax" ? Or, for convenience's sake, are we going to assume language has somehow remained consistent across however many hundreds (thousands?) of years?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:16 am

The people in the future will not know what they are saying, unless it is some sort of historian who has read and translated the language. But encountering one is going to be difficult.
Without the Dark, there can be no Light,
We have purpose
Without the Lie, there can be no Truth,
We have purpose
Without the War, there can be no Victory,
We have purpose
Without the Death, there can be no sacrifice,
We have purpose
Without the Hope there can be no Future,
We have purpose
Without the Loyalty there can be no one chapter,
We have purpose
Without the Emperor, there is nothing,...
And we would have no purpose

Specmarine
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Person of Interest Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:51 am

I would like to submit Simon's mental capacity and experience as a translator/mediator/etc as qualifications to learn the basics of the new, primary language over time.

Not that I'm calling other characters stupid, but this is something Simon had to do more than once in his life to not die, so I'd like to think with his background being what it is, it would make sense.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:13 pm

I will accept it, but we all know that learning another language does not happen in a few days...

Specmarine
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Person of Interest Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:02 am

No, of course not.

Say, anyone else here playing XY/ORAS?

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:46 pm

Nope, not much of a Pokemon fan nowadays. But I did play the games when I was MUCH younger and enjoyed them.

Specmarine
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:33 pm

...no XY/ORAS? :(

Have you played any romhacks? Like Pokemon Snakewood, which takes place during the pokemon/demon/zombie apocalypse? Or Light Platinum? Which gives every rival trainer a full competitive team?

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:55 pm

No romhacks either. I prefer warfare type of games nowadays like Warhammer40k, or Company Of Heroes. Although I fond one romhack of Pokemon interesting but I have to remember the name of it.

Specmarine
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:17 pm

I adore W40k's setting but I think all of its video games, and the game they're based on, are just awful.

Also, yay! SI isn't dead.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyInsane on Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:41 am

Yeah, I have a stomach bug so I haven't been feeling great the past few days.

SlightlyInsane
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:21 pm

See, again, Spec... you put SI and us in a difficult situation: we know as little about our character's surroundings as they do.

Do you want us to describe them exploring London? Hong Kong? Seoul? Cairo? Dumpwater, Florida? Tatland, Nebraska? Titicaca, Bolivia? Sao Beijoing, Vietnam? Anywhere, Anywhere?

Less so in the last decade, maybe, but the architecture, advertisements, fashion styles, foods, smells, sounds, atmospheres, and activities of any given possible destination of a random teleportation through time and space vary wildly, and without knowing where you've decided to put the story, it leaves us unable to post about them.

Furthermore, if the protagonists are in a major city, even at midnight they'd be hard pressed to make it ten feet without immediately running into someone with a cellphone asking what they're cosplaying as and taking pictures (or someone with a shotgun asking if they're "'exicans" and taking shots, depending).

You want us to fill an hour with... what?

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:43 pm

I shall spice up my post to fix this problem. Sorry for the fail on my part.

And the new updated post is upgraded, welcome to Murica everyone.
Last edited by Specmarine on Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Specmarine
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:06 pm

It's fine, Spec. I understand that you're new, and I appreciate that you're humble.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:20 pm

Hey SI, Simon waited for the elves to accompany them, if they wanted to. I think both of our characters talked to the same man, somehow at the same time in two different places.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyInsane on Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:23 pm

Oops. I thought that Elisabeth took off and then Simon went with her shortly afterwards. XD Maybe they'll meet up at some point?

SlightlyInsane
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:51 pm

No, and you've brought shame and dishonor upon your family.

But in all seriousness I think I'm the only one that tried to keep track of where everyone was; I'm pretty sure Spec thought they all left together.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyInsane on Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:38 pm

I see that now since you pointed that out. I honestly thought they were still standing in the mouth of the alleyway when the man approached. Sorry I got confused.

SlightlyInsane
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:59 pm

Hey, SI, why are you writing about Caclia and Vidari like they already know they're in the future? As far as anyone is aware, they're only in a different location.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SlightlyInsane on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:59 pm

Crap, I really didn't try that. I deleted some of it so it doesn't seem that way anymore. Sorry again.

SlightlyInsane
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!