Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Welcome To The Future Brave Knight

Welcome To The Future Brave Knight

a part of “Welcome To The Future Brave Knight”, a fictional universe by Specmarine.

When a magical experiment goes wrong, a group of knights are sent into the future by mistake.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Welcome To The Future Brave Knight”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Welcome To The Future Brave Knight

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:02 pm

You don't have to apologize. I'm just a bit distressed; I'm probably far more invested in this than either of you. :)
Do you feel like you're a bad writer? PM me, and let's talk about it. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:21 pm

Hey, everybody, general roleplaying tip:

Don't make half of your post someone else's post.

It's great that you acknowledge and respond to other characters and their actions, but it's a lot better to say "She responded this way to his comment about X" or "He moved aside when she took this action," rather than rewriting and writing your character's response as one long sentence (or, worse, in two sentences).

It's certainly not an end of the world thing but it's a great habit to kick.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:44 pm

I can finally do this!

The more you know *insert rainbow here*

But in all seriousness that is some good advice I will be using.

*Update*
Now you guys get to know what I truly look like!
Without the Dark, there can be no Light,
We have purpose
Without the Lie, there can be no Truth,
We have purpose
Without the War, there can be no Victory,
We have purpose
Without the Death, there can be no sacrifice,
We have purpose
Without the Hope there can be no Future,
We have purpose
Without the Loyalty there can be no one chapter,
We have purpose
Without the Emperor, there is nothing,...
And we would have no purpose

Specmarine
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Person of Interest Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:47 pm

Spec, 2 things:

1: You just kind of repeated other posts again

2: ...does Martellus think that his speech made the group feel better? Do you think he made the group feel better?

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:03 am

Whoops. I will change a few words.

Specmarine
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist World Builder Person of Interest Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:47 pm

I want to preface this by saying I'm not upset with anyone or annoyed or anything. This is, purely, constructive feedback:

Spec, as the GM, you really should be the one driving the plot. It feels like every time it's my turn to post, it's also my sole responsibility to advance the story. Under normal circumstances I am more than fine doing so on occasion, especially if our characters are separated, but at the moment Martellus is kind of a huge pussy and I don't like being in charge to the story. I joined this to help you out, and so I'd have something easy.

SI, to a lesser extent, I think you've got the same problem. Vidari and Caclia are kind of just watching everyone else do stuff.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Specmarine on Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:01 pm

Yeah...I suck at being the GM for my own RP.

Specmarine
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:35 pm

You don't suck. You're just new. Stay open-minded and willing to work with people, and you'll improve. For now, focus on making the story yours; you know more about the plot and setting than we do, and it's your responsibility to use that information as appropriate to direct the RP. Your character needs to be more active and less... well, less of a sad wuss.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!