Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Tumblr turning various real issues into a joke

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Tumblr turning various real issues into a joke

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:31 pm

I have really had it! Tumblr ruins so many things and makes various issues into jokes. They think it is trendy to be trans or to be autistic. And it isn't just on tumblr, I cannot take the self-dx crowd seriously anymore because many of them seem to have only identified with a mental disorder or as another gender because they think it is cute. And don't give me the "how dare you question the gender identity or the self-dxed mental disorder of people" treatment because that may indicate that you are the problem that turns LGBT and mental disorder into a joke by misrepresentation. I am sick and tired of this crap.
Everybody! Unless you have been in a roleplay with me in the past and were loyal to it, do not PM or text me about joining your RP.

I do NOT do Pokemon, Yugioh, WoW or any such RPs.

Please be aware of this.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: Tumblr turning various real issues into a joke

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MayContainPlagiarism on Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:37 pm

*Internet turning serious issues into a joke

*Humans, since the beginning of time, for all of our existence, turning real issues into a joke

If you're sick of this crap, choose a different species.
Do you feel like you're a bad writer? PM me, and let's talk about it. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MayContainPlagiarism
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:33 pm

Choose a different species? If that was so easy.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LawOfTheLand on Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:29 pm

Apparently it is for these people.

On a serious note, this brings up an important debate that's been going on for a while. Yes, self-identification is important, but at what point should people say "maybe this isn't a phase"?

LawOfTheLand
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Beta Tester Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Builder Donated! Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Bug Hunter Streamwatcher Maiden Voyager Recruiter Greeter Visual Appeal Tipworthy Property Buyer Salesman Concierge Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:08 pm

When people are over 25 (cuz some people actually still develop until that age). Most of these people tend to be below 21.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiKara on Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:00 pm

I think Aniihya, you hit the nail on the head. They tend to be below 21 According to this analysis, 39% of the users are under 25. It also states that tumblr is more popular than facebook among 13-25 year olds. In other words, many of them are still in the 'phase' stage of life.

They're exploring, figuring things out, and they come across something that sounds like them, so they try it out. And the sect of the users who are trying things out, tend to be very loud about it. It sucks, but it's true.

People have been railing against teenagers for a very long time. I don't blame them, because teens can be dumb as hell. They aren't trying to make any of this a joke. They're trying to figure out who they are, and what they like, and what they identify as. Some are spot on. Some are way off mark.

But for the most part, you're railing against teenagers being teenagers.
Patcharoo says: She's the squishiest in the game...

DemiKara
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Builder Beta Tester Storyteller Donated! Contributor Historian Completionist Maiden Voyager Lifegiver Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:56 pm

The biggest issue from my stance is that these teenagers aren't aware of the consequences their actions actually have and it can harm a lot of people.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiKara on Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:03 pm

It is the rare teenager who does.

DemiKara
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Builder Beta Tester Storyteller Donated! Contributor Historian Completionist Maiden Voyager Lifegiver Person of Interest Salesman

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!