Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Re-Union: The Expanding World

Re-Union: The Expanding World

a part of “Re-Union: The Expanding World”, a fictional universe by SkyCladSaya06.

[Remaster of Re-Union] The first Human-Transcendent War had ended and the two sides are now focused on territorial expansion within the vast space. However, differing ideologies still linger and conflict still arises almost on a daily basis...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Re-Union: The Expanding World”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Re-Union: The Expanding World

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:07 am

@Alligot Go ahead. Val hasn't replied to me yet.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:06 am

Update: Just got word from Val. He says he's dropping out so we'll just have to resume with just the four of us.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 10 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bravo_Zver on Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:18 am

Since Alexander is now the only guy, should we resituate our splitting up plan?

Bravo_Zver
Member for 8 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:57 am

We'll still proceed with the original since Klaus technically still exists. I'll just inform Val how I plan on making him exit. I won't kill them off though. There's really no need for that.

Ophelia may just end up returning to the Organum faster then finds out that Alexander and Ren haven't returned yet and sends Amelia over to help look where she'll then encounter Ellis.

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alligot on Fri May 06, 2016 1:49 am

Okay, so I made an Amelia post. Whether or not she actually catches up to Ellis depends on you, Sky. There's no way a recruit in an old robot is going to find or even catch up to someone more experienced and in a much better robot, y'know?

I'll be making a Lilas (and his grand master scheme advancing) post after the other Transcendent players make theirs. I don't want to move everything ahead on their end without them even getting on the station.

Also, quick question - how large are the Harbingers?

Alligot
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Sat May 07, 2016 9:23 pm

@Alligot Ellis will intercept Amelia so no worries there. Regarding the harbingers...

I haven't really thought about the sizes given that we're all using mech claims from different anime which are all different sizes (Kataphrakt's range around 13 m, 16-20+ m for Mobile Suits and Knightmares come at 4-7 meters).

Let's just go with relative descriptions. From what I can gather, Ellis' machine is taller because of the horns but Amelia's machine is bulkier overall because of the armor.

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Thu May 12, 2016 6:22 pm

@Scythe and Bravo, we're all waiting on you two.

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bravo_Zver on Thu May 12, 2016 6:38 pm

Oh, sorry. I was waiting for Scythe to respond so that I wouldn't be skipping the duo too far ahead. i'll get a post up by the morning, unless Scythe beats me to it.

Bravo_Zver
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bravo_Zver on Thu May 12, 2016 7:03 pm

For the purposes of advancement, going to assume Alexander agrees to go to the bar close to the hotel. Scythe, if you take issue with the post or anything in it, I will edit the crap out of it.

Bravo_Zver
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Wed May 18, 2016 9:11 pm

Still no word from Scythe. I guess we should proceed for now. I'll try to get an advancement post up tomorrow at the latest. Sorry, we had a very rough week at school.

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alligot on Mon May 23, 2016 1:26 am

Seems pretty unfortunate. Good luck with your school, and if I'm not wrong, you only have like, three more days, so hang in there!

On another note, though, we could look into finding another player that's willing to fill in for the roles that Val left vacant, as Athena is minor enough to mostly just drop from the story, and after the whole business on Albion is finished, I don't assume you'll be continuing on to cover for Klaus, Skyclad.

Possibly replacements for both sides after what goes (or already went) down in Albion/Proud?

Alligot
Member for 10 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Tue May 24, 2016 4:09 am

Still can't resume posting...Anyway, I guess we could open up more roles but, it may become difficult to find anyone willing to join an already ongoing RP.

I'll just write Ophelia with Klaus until the end of the Albion arc. He'll just have to fade in the background. No need to die here. I'll need an idea how they'll procure replacements after Albion though so if anybody has some, then feel free to share~

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bravo_Zver on Tue May 24, 2016 3:56 pm

Given they just came out of a pretty sizable battle, they'd probably be in a good position, considering the humans won and have proven there are Transcendent to fight and the Inspection Unit lost half their fleet, to request replacement troops to bolster their numbers. Even if it's just a single squad transfer, that would be plenty to introduce new pilots.

And if we do so after Albion, The newbies wouldn't need to read the backlog if they didn't want to since they're going to be fresh to the ship anyway.

It would take some planning, but I think that would be doable.

Bravo_Zver
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Sat May 28, 2016 8:06 pm

Okay, after careful consideration...I have decided to close down this RP...Losing Scythe really puts a lot of problems on the story as the main "antagonist" role is now empty. I'm having a rather difficult time thinking up new scenarios and whatnot.

But!

What do you guys think of building a new mecha RP? Slightly similar to this one though I may have to make some changes so it's a lot easier to write. Things I'm thinking of changing are:
- Setting. Instead of space and Earth, I think I'll just focus on ground combat this time.
- Denizens. Admittedly, the Transcendent-Human thing didn't really help much and only made matters confusing.
- Overall storyline. I have no idea what to do for now but, I'm sure I'll find something.

Bravo, Alligot--what do you think?

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bravo_Zver on Sat May 28, 2016 8:28 pm

I did really dig the rp up until now and would love to do another with you guys.

I'd love to focus on either space or terrain combat, and keep the arcs for non combat on the shorter side as I think we lost a lot of momentum once the battle was over. Granted, a lot of that came from waiting a week for one post to come through, but still.

I did like the dueling sides bit though, and thought it was pretty well thought out. I liked the idea of having two characters trying to sabotage the other. I also dug the Transcendent, but I did have a hard time trying to properly characterize the hive mindset. Not that challenges should be avoided, mind you. I had fun trying and it was cool getting into a mindset I'd never tried to before.

As for the storyline, I hate we didn't get to see more of it, but I really loved what we got to see.

This was my first rp that I'd joined in years, and it was still a blast. Can't wait to hop into another giant robot with you guys, as I'm definitely for a new mecha rp.

Bravo_Zver
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Sun May 29, 2016 9:21 am

@Bravo Glad you liked this RP~

I've already got a new idea prepared. Not exactly a mecha RP but, it does have robots in it. My concept is some kind of dystopian setting where machines have turned against man because of the influence of a newly discovered substance. Man had been forced out of major cities and forced to live underground or on wide outskirts. Eventually, they found a way to fight back.

The catch is this: This is an alternate universe where gunpowder was never discovered.

It is discovered that steel blades have the tendency to weaken the substance coating of the machines and destroy them. And so swords were produced in massive quantities again.

That's kind of it for now. It has a combat system somewhat but also has a bit of adventure thrown in so hopefully, there won't be as much dead airs once the fighting stops.

The idea came about since...I watched Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress and, I guess I wanted to bring the old childhood illusion that swords were the best weapons of all time.

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alligot on Sun May 29, 2016 11:33 am

Well, was Scythe's character really the antagonist? If anything, he was a soon-to-be protagonist with his whole rogue plotline going on. Lilas and Ellis are more or less the primary antagonists, being the actual characters in charge, devoted to Human extinction and all that. Losing Scythe wouldn't have that much of an effect on the plot.

So I won't lie, I'm a bit disappointed that the roleplay is ending because of that. While I may join one of your roleplays in the future, I'm probably not going to participate in the next one you planned. It is nice that you at least told us, though. Most people wanting to end their own plays don't usually do so.

Alligot
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SkyCladSaya06 on Sun May 29, 2016 6:44 pm

@Alligot Yeah. It's something that was discussed prior to the start of the RP.

But at this point, I suppose I'm just making excuses. So I'm not at all surprised that you feel that way.

SkyCladSaya06
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Alligot on Sun May 29, 2016 10:23 pm

I have a poor memory, so perhaps I'm wrong, then.

Still, good luck with your next, and I'll be seeing you in a new one sometime soon, most likely.

Alligot
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jakoski on Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:07 am

How would one go about reserving a role? I'm new to this site, so I don't really know how things work here. I have a really good character I would like to submit and RP, but I don't really know how to go about doing that. If someone could help, me out, it would be much appreciated! Also, do I need to reserve the role to make a character to fill it, or to assume the role of said character? There are a lot of things that I still don't understand.

Jakoski
Member for 8 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!